Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Does anyone else have a constant dead arm with pins and needles? It is driving me loopy: get it down my leg too.

Hubbie got €400 in tax back today: kinda a good few days really :D

I bought a gorgeous cream cardigan with matching baby mittens today... was going to get a pink one but the 80% was playing on my mind... we haven't told anyone its a girl yet so I think my mother thought i was a bit mental when i started laughing looking at baby cardigans! I really love Guiney's for baby clothes/blankets/towels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww cyning thats so frustrating, wish they had of told you 90percent sure!!

I am not buying another single item of clothes.

SIL dropped over loads of stuff, so much so that my baby wardrobe is now bursting

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Mmmn Chicken don't worry about it :) you are not alone in not knowing the lack of rights gay people have in this country & indeed throughout the world!
    Many many people think it was all sorted out with civil partnerships & although it was a big step for this country it's far from perfect & a long way off equal :)
    The church can do what they like...to me every religion is bizarre in its own way but the government needs to realise its a seperate institution & what a single religion thinks has nothing to do with the law of the land :)
    Its my life so I can't let it stress me or I would be dead years ago :D
    I am me & legality won't change that - nor will it stop me living my peaceful little life with my partner, our dog & our soon to be little girl. We face what we need to together & on we go :)

Don't get me wrong I do get mad about it all at times but you can't let it drag you down :)

"We face what we need to together & on we go :) "
    what a lovely way to view it all....ill be keeping that in mind for future when i get stressed. half yer sense and patience and id be sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

They don't like to give 100% Cyning unless it's a boy showing his wears :D
    We went from 80% to over 90% with consultant & then the 3D scan woman confirmed she was a girl...we seen her labia :)

You really are having a good few days :) nice after being sick all this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

girls, baby is trying to make an escape today!!!! my belly button is so sore!!
    I cant believe i still have 3 more months! COME ON TIME!!!! GET A MOVE ON...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I think depression is vastly misunderstood - the number of people who think you can just 'snap out of it' is shocking.

There have been loads of posts since I was last on, and my baby brain has meant that I am going to forget loads of things - but here goes:

Saurelin, my cat does the same - he loves fluffy things, and will knead away on them for hours, purring away to himself. He often nuzzles his nose into me while he is doing it too. I love my cat :)

TwoMums, I thinnk you have the right way of it - the country is backward, and legislation is a joke, but you can't spend your life dwelling on it either, or you'd go mad! You're both happy, and bringing your daughter into a loving and happy family environment will be all that they need. Begrudgers and naysayers be damned.

Silly - love, love, love the photos. Hubby is a keen photographer, and I expect we will have a few like that. Can't wait :)

Cyning! Yay! That's great news! Well done to your hubby - delighted for your both.

I had my hospital appointment today, and the first nurse told me my bump was way too big for 28 weeks. She said she would bring it up with the doctor. So cue me feeling awful and on the verge of tears for two hours in the waiting room thinking something was wrong. The nurse who took my bloods said that I looked normal to her, and the doctor said absolutely nothing about the size - just said that it was a fine heartbeat. I googled 28 week bumps when I came home, and I am in no way excessively big - bigger than some, smaller than others. I can't believe how insensitive some medical staff are... stupid wagon, i hope she steps on a plug in the dark. ;)

i hate when people need to comment on your bump, Jaysus, everyone's body is different so obviously everyone's bump is different. im very broad so my bump is not too sticky out but its tall and wide , main thing is healthy baby, healthy Mammy!

Kash wrote: »

I had my hospital appointment today, and the first nurse told me my bump was way too big for 28 weeks. She said she would bring it up with the doctor. So cue me feeling awful and on the verge of tears for two hours in the waiting room thinking something was wrong. The nurse who took my bloods said that I looked normal to her, and the doctor said absolutely nothing about the size - just said that it was a fine heartbeat. I googled 28 week bumps when I came home, and I am in no way excessively big - bigger than some, smaller than others. I can't believe how insensitive some medical staff are... stupid wagon, i hope she steps on a plug in the dark. ;)
    oh for god's sake...i hate that!! the amount of people who tell me i am huge! i just want to tell them to feck off!! I am small, and i havent really put on any weight elsewhere, so my bump is protuding something fierce!
    But everyone is different, it was very insensitive of that nurse to make such a throw away comment like that, she should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Well I've panicked and changed my mind again about the buggy!!! I was looking at reviews on the Jane etc etc and it's seems to be quite awkard. So going to go with the Mothercare Xtreme but going to order it online as it's a different colour that is 100euro cheaper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a constant dead arm with pins and needles? It is driving me loopy: get it down my leg too.

Hubbie got €400 in tax back today: kinda a good few days really :D

I bought a gorgeous cream cardigan with matching baby mittens today... was going to get a pink one but the 80% was playing on my mind... we haven't told anyone its a girl yet so I think my mother thought i was a bit mental when i started laughing looking at baby cardigans! I really love Guiney's for baby clothes/blankets/towels!

Yeah for Cyning and her hubby...ye guys really deserve good fortune after the last few months.

It's so frustrating when they can't be more certain, but you're right to air on the side of caution. I know two couples who were told the wrong sex...luckily one couple found out before baby was born...but they had bought everything in pink and had a boy. The other couple only discovered their daughter was in fact a boy when he was born!
    javagal wrote: »
    Aww cyning thats so frustrating, wish they had of told you 90percent sure!!

I am not buying another single item of clothes.

SIL dropped over loads of stuff, so much so that my baby wardrobe is now bursting

Lucky you...Zoe will have a different outfit everyday :)

What a wagon...you think they would be more sensitive to hormonal, emotional woman's feelings. Write it in code on the chart or something if they have a concern for the doc to check and not stress the mother unnecessarily.

I think I'm having a little freak out at being off work for so long...sounds like there is going to be a lot of changes in my work later in the year. I don't even know if I'll be around for the training. It's wierd thinking I'll come back to a completely different working environment.
    Our regional director was giving us some info on different workshops that the company are going to run and as he handed it to me he was like oh sure you'll hardly worry about this you'll be off having a baby! [EMAIL="A@#hole"]A@#hole[/EMAIL]!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

notsobusy wrote: »
    Well I've panicked and changed my mind again about the buggy!!! I was looking at reviews on the Jane etc etc and it's seems to be quite awkard. So going to go with the Mothercare Xtreme but going to order it online as it's a different colour that is 100euro cheaper :D

Reviews are great for getting a real idea of how the buggy works or not as the case may be. Last thing you want is an awkward pram as you will only end up buying something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash wrote:
    Saurelin, my cat does the same - he loves fluffy things, and will knead away on them for hours, purring away to himself. He often nuzzles his nose into me while he is doing it too. I love my cat

Kash, I love my cats as well, they are so sweet, they like to sit beside my belly and purr.
    The nurse you meet today is a cow, honestly I don’t understand some people.
    notsobusy wrote:
    Well I've panicked and changed my mind again about the buggy!!! I was looking at reviews on the Jane etc etc and it's seems to be quite awkard. So going to go with the Mothercare Xtreme but going to order it online as it's a different colour that is 100euro cheaper

We get a good few weeks ago Mother Care mychoice4 and we are really happy with our purchase.

Tinkerbell how are you?

I had hard time during last set of test – my blood veins decided that they don’t want to cooperate and midwife had to try 4 times before she actually took blood.
    When we get home I fainted. My hubby was so scared. I feel better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Saurelin, my cat does the same - he loves fluffy things, and will knead away on them for hours, purring away to himself. He often nuzzles his nose into me while he is doing it too. I love my cat :)

Yay another cat lover! I've two little females and I swear they are our hairy babies. Wouldn't be without them. We (as well as any other moggy owners on here) will have to swap tips for getting them adjusted to babs & also the cat net for the cot.

I love dogs too but we've never been at home enough for them. OH insisting we get a dog when have kids, I just hope he doesn't come home with a puppy the day of the baby's birth! It will all be too much.
    kildareash wrote: »
    It's so frustrating when they can't be more certain, but you're right to air on the side of caution. I know two couples who were told the wrong sex...luckily one couple found out before baby was born...but they had bought everything in pink and had a boy. The other couple only discovered their daughter was in fact a boy when he was born!

I agree with this. When they say it's a girl, I still wouldn't buy girl stuff. My sister got told at 5/6 mths by 3d sonographer that he was "almost certain" it was a girl. So we bought girl stuff & referred to baby by her new name "Ava". About 2 wks before "she" was born a scan revealed it was in fact a boy. Now my sister wasn't bothered, she found it funny more than anything else but I would have been very frustrated if had bought loads of stuff!

Boys are much easier to spot, like mine - no mistaking his little meat & 2 veg.

Picking up a 2nd hand (washed) dream genie pillow from a seller on adverts tomorrow for 20. And getting an anti burst birthing ball & pump for 25 from someone else. Sweet.

Between this and the support belt, that means I will have spent 95 euro just on pregnancy (never mind baby) stuff this week, crap. Feck it, comfort is my goal right now, I'm desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink wrote: »
    Yay another cat lover! I've two little females and I swear they are our hairy babies. Wouldn't be without them. We (as well as any other moggy owners on here) will have to swap tips for getting them adjusted to babs & also the cat net for the cot.

There is a thread how to deal with cats and babies, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67606426
    I found it quite useful.
    we don't let cats to baby room. they used to love sleep there so we have at a moment hard time with them crying just beside door, but I know they will get use to this.

Consultant was looking for "dangly" bits: said it was much easier to tell a boy from a girl cuz dangly bits don't fall off!! He then told me a girl was the next best thing to a boy... can I just say at this stage I know him but god you wouldn't want to be of a sensitive sort :D he's always coming out with stuff like that he makes me laugh: now. I remember been highly unimpressed when he was referring to my baby as a parsite!

For anyone going with the Avent bottles/steriliser Smyths have them half price: so €12.49 for the microwave steriliser and €11.99 for the newborn starter kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

For those of you in Munster http://www.thebabymarketireland.com/event-dates.html, I'll be checking it out in Limerick tomorrow with my mother, will report back. Its on in a few more spots over the next few months too :)

For those of you in Munster http://www.thebabymarketireland.com/event-dates.html, I'll be checking it out in Limerick tomorrow with my mother, will report back. Its on in a few more spots over the next few months too :)

This was on in Cork a while back, but it was far too early in my pregnancy to be buying stuff, It says the next one isnt on until July 22...hopefully, i will be at home, with my newborn by then!

One of the girls that i work with has been to it during both pregancy's and found it great for lots of things, like even stair gates etc, that you wont need for a while, but handy to get if they are cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hubby and I are going to go tomorrow too - thanks for letting us know! I must print out my mega list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Thank god it's Friday,what a long week!!
    My ds's communion is 2 weeks tomorrow,we were planning on going for a meal after it but I'm not sure now.ds wants to go to Dublin for the day so I'm thinking we might go straight up after the mass. Does anyone know what time the open air bus tours of the city finish? Or anything else we could do with him?my house is tiny so wouldn't fit everyone in it!!
    Bump is getting big,and im doing ok.dh has told me I need to stop worrying about money and stuff coz its really not fair on the boys.im back to the hospital on Monday so I'll prob have a scan then.

Just texted hubbie to see can we go tomorrow: I'm waiting for a phonecall now asking me what planet am I on and do I realise I'm preganant and sick and blah blah blaaah :D he not working tomorrow! I really want to go: it on in Tralee in June but that ages away plus I might have a baby at that stage!!!

Thank god it's Friday,what a long week!!
    My ds's communion is 2 weeks tomorrow,we were planning on going for a meal after it but I'm not sure now.ds wants to go to Dublin for the day so I'm thinking we might go straight up after the mass. Does anyone know what time the open air bus tours of the city finish? Or anything else we could do with him?my house is tiny so wouldn't fit everyone in it!!
    Bump is getting big,and im doing ok.dh has told me I need to stop worrying about money and stuff coz its really not fair on the boys.im back to the hospital on Monday so I'll prob have a scan then.

Not worrying...it's easier said than done!
    Maybe look up the Dublin Tourism website...I'm sure there loads you can do.
    The Viking Splash Tours look like fun. They're pretty active on facebook and regularly do special offers. I think their 'facebook friends' get a 10% discount...worth checking out.
    We were in the Wax museum a while ago and I wasn't that impressed by it, but kids might be different.

cyning wrote: »
    Just texted hubbie to see can we go tomorrow: I'm waiting for a phonecall now asking me what planet am I on and do I realise I'm preganant and sick and blah blah blaaah :D he not working tomorrow! I really want to go: it on in Tralee in June but that ages away plus I might have a baby at that stage!!!

EEEk....that's crazy when you say things like that! Hope hubby brings you! Maybe see if you can get like a wheelchair or one of those motorised thingys you see in supermarket. Might make going around a bit easier.

Back in work after scan...baby looks good. Wouldn't turn and face the camera tho...even put his/her hands over his face at one point. We were hoping we might be able to get a nice pic of the face to send to boyfriend's sis, coz she's upset she's not around for all this stuff and won't see the baby until it's a few weeks old.

Anyway, don't have GD...absolutely delighted about that! Bloods are normal. Nurse said if I was feeling tired to take an iron supplement, doc said even tho my iron level is fine i could take one a day. So I think I'll start taking one.
    Baby is measuring right for the dates, so all is good :D and we get to go back in four weeks time and see baby again. :D Was surprised they were bring me back so soon, as my friend, who is due in June was at the clinic a couple of weeks ago (around Easter) and she is not back till sometime in May. But I won't be complaining. Love seeing baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Hope you get to go Cyning! sure its on in a hotel, im sure they'll have plenty of seating available! Its mad this time last year I was going down to the same place to register for the great limerick run...bahahahaaa! And Kash, good idea about the list! they have a few items for sale posted already on one of the tabs on that site, wishlist growing already! Sure give a wave if ye spot me, I've really really long hair (think rapunzel in a hippy skirt- MIL keeps slaggin me about baby using it as a rope ladder eventually!) and an orbiting planet, you can't miss me really! :D

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I keep getting the sneaking suspicion that I've lulled myself into a false sense of security that I "know" how my labour/birth is going to go and I "know" how to breastfeed. In other words I'm worried that I'm a know-it-all in my head and therefore won't absorb actual advice and then it will all go to sh1t on the day, I'll end up transferring to hospital with all sorts of interventions and I'll have a screaming hungry baby for weeks as I suck (!) at breastfeeding.

*Deep breaths*

I think I'm going to go to La Leche league meetings before the birth so I can start getting more mentally prepared for breastfeeding.

On another note, my braxton hicks are getting stronger, I get them every couple of hours and sometimes every hour. But they seem to grow stronger as by belly grows. Anyone else get this? Midwife coming tomorrow so I'll definitely be bringing this up, I'm still not comfortable with the fact that I'm having them!

On another note, my braxton hicks are getting stronger, I get them every couple of hours and sometimes every hour. But they seem to grow stronger as by belly grows. Anyone else get this? Midwife coming tomorrow so I'll definitely be bringing this up, I'm still not comfortable with the fact that I'm having them!

I asked in hosp on Tuesday was told that it is perfectly normal. Certain things make mine worse: not drinking enough, up and walking about: they weren't worried at all. I know I hate getting them too: they really worry me: even though I've been told not to worry!

Conversation with hubby went like I thought: except with him promising to buy me new shoes if I stopped asking him to drive for over an hour when I get so sick and to please remember that I'm supposed to be taking it easy: so he's going to bring me shoe shopping and macdonalds instead :D

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I keep getting the sneaking suspicion that I've lulled myself into a false sense of security that I "know" how my labour/birth is going to go and I "know" how to breastfeed. In other words I'm worried that I'm a know-it-all in my head and therefore won't absorb actual advice and then it will all go to sh1t on the day, I'll end up transferring to hospital with all sorts of interventions and I'll have a screaming hungry baby for weeks as I suck (!) at breastfeeding.

*Deep breaths*

I think I'm going to go to La Leche league meetings before the birth so I can start getting more mentally prepared for breastfeeding.

Don't stress, you'll be fine. I have the opposite fear, that I don't know enough and I can't take in everything they're telling me.

The nurse in the hospital was recommending I go to some breastfeeding workshop that they run every month or something. She said they show you videos and stuff...I'm not sure. Although, I'm planning on feeding myself, I do feel awful pressure when the nurses are telling you about it. They make it sound so simple and I'm left thinking I'm going to fail at this and it's the most natural thing in the world!

I can definately feel the braxton hicks getting tighter, but wouldn't have them as frequently as you.

shoe shopping Cyning...nice, macdonalds...even nicer!!
    i just inhaled a triple feast sandwich from dunnes and a bag of taytos..a bit stuffed now.

Are these braxton hicks ye talk of, a pain right across your lower abdomen?? thats what i get, only maybe twice a day or so...They are rather uncomfortable, but usually if i sit way back in my chair here at work, it eases..

Quick question: Can i just print off the maternity benefit form from the net and fill that up, or do i need to go into a social welfare office and get one?

silly wrote: »
    Quick question: Can i just print off the maternity benefit form from the net and fill that up, or do i need to go into a social welfare office and get one?

Yeah you can, boyfriend done it with a medical card form recently and he got word back within a few weeks.

For anyone that hasn't done it already it is something you would want to start getting organised because there is a section the GP has to fill out and a section for your employer.
    I had to leave the form with the GP for a few days, and god only knows what I'll have to do with the form in work to get it filled out. We've no HR, accounts or payroll in our office and my boss is next to useless! But at least I have a couple of weeks that I don't have to panic about it...yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Silly, you can print off the MB10 form from the net, fill it & send it.

Just got confirmation that I will get my maternity benefit after all! I was sure that I had worked tons in both jobs but that the weeks overlapped most weeks so I wasn't sure if I'd get anything. And I started my PhD after 23 so the last 4 years in college don't count for credit so I was worried! And because I'm such a fusspot I have been emailing them since I sent it in last week & he told me that I'd get something & confirmation in the post next week (even though it shouldn't have been processed till end of May). Delighted ;-)

Cyning - lucky you, new shoes & lunch out - seems like a better deal all round. Spoiled ;)

Advertisement