Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College girls selling themselves as prostitutes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No, because using drugs is illegal. Possessing drugs is illegal. Having sex is not.

Seriously dude, I think you just need to get laid!

Heh. I read this as it would sound in an American accent.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

No, because using drugs is illegal. Possessing drugs is illegal. Having sex is not.

Seriously dude, I think you just need to get laid!

Ah the old "insult someone personally to reinforce ones opinion to be right"
    Please MrStuffins, that dont work with me ;)

Now goto bed. I dont think mommy and daddy would be happy your up this late (and yes, i know you live with your parents, freaky how i know isnt it! ;) ) so let the adults have a discussion. Move out and get your own place then we can talk as adults. Ok, baby *wet smooch on forehead*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

du Maurier wrote: »
    Heh. I read this as it would sound in an American accent.:pac:

It's been the main plot for 100s of the most successful American movies of the past 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Terry wrote: »
    It's late and I'm tired, so I'll just give you a brief explanation as to why I believe that arts degrees are pointless.
    They don't actually qualify people for anything other than teaching other people arts degrees.
    They are not worthy of government grants because they generally lead to nothing more than recipients being able to put "B.A." on their C.V.
    The money should be focussed on people going for medical and practical degrees..

Christ on a bike. Words fail me for the sheer short-sightedness of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

It's been the main plot for 100s of the most successful American movies of the past 20 years!

Yeah. Dazed and Confused immediately came to mind:P

• Advertisement

LighterGuy wrote: »

Now goto bed. I dont think mommy and daddy would be happy your up this late (and yes, i know you live with your parents, freaky how i know isnt it! ;) ) so let the adults have a discussion. Move out and get your own place then we can talk as adults. Ok, baby *wet smooch on forehead*

Lol. Did you seriously just go through all of my posts? Wow. I'm not sure whether I should be flattered that you've taken such an interest in me or be scared that you're stalking me. Either way it's pretty sad!

I wasn't insulting you saying you need to get laid, i was saying that you seem a bit uptight, sexually repressed and prudish. I dunno, maybe it's the Catholic guilt coming out in you.

My point was perfectly valid. You tried to equate drugs and sex. if that really is your attitude and you see sex as some sort of vice that should be vilified then that's up to you. Maybe take it to the Christianity forum where people will agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Millicent wrote: »
    Why are they your friends if that's what you think about them?

If he didn't hang out with losers he wouldn't have any friends.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You do like labeling people don't you? Don't complain when you get a bit back!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Millicent wrote: »
    Why are they your friends if that's what you think about them? Just out of curiosity and then I'll leave you alone for the night to get me some sleep, what is your actual objection to prostitutes or "sluts" as you so colourfully put it?

Well, ok, you are asking a serious question rather than bashing and I thank you for that.

First lets look at the whole thing. As I said you could have a girl working 3 nights a week in a brothel. Having 8 guys a night, 24 guys a week etc etc.
    For me, what type of woman would degrade herself to allow men to pay her for sex. Because lets be honest majority of those guys she wouldnt enjoy. They wont all be fit 20 somethings with massive packages. Dont tell me there isnt a lot of over-weight older men willing to pay for the younger girl.

Its sex for money. That the idea of sex is nothing. Its like a cup of coffee to you or me. But enough about me explaining myself. Can you answer me how does a women have no issue with becoming a prostitute (as we all know your average woman wouldnt become one)

So whats the key factor? ... and it aint all "times are tough" ...

I wasn't insulting you saying you need to get laid, i was saying that you seem a bit uptight, sexually repressed and prudish. I dunno, maybe it's the Catholic guilt coming out in you.

Mate, you meant what you said :)
    I honestly couldnt care what you say, but at least stand by what you say.

Because you could say something quoting me then 5-6 users get back quoting how wrong you are (by saying said piece) then you double back on what you say. Which ultimately states do you mean what you say? .. or just saying it because it feels currently acceptable.

But back to what we were saying :pac: That I should get laid? ... i gladly stick my middle finger up at you :)

• Advertisement

Actually,
    you know what. Since I seem to be the target of most users :pac:

What is a slut?
    what defines a slut?
    Since im "accordingly" wrong to suggest prostitutes are sluts. Then what defines a person as?

Mate, you meant what you said :)
    I honestly couldnt care what you say, but at least stand by what you say.

I stand 100% by what I said. I said you perhaps need to get laid. The failing was that you took it as an insult and needed me to explain what was meant by the comment. That's a failing on your part, not mine.
    Because you could say something quoting me then 5-6 users get back quoting how wrong you are (by saying said piece) then you double back on what you say. Which ultimately states do you mean what you say? .. or just saying it because it feels currently acceptable.

Ok, i'm going to need an interpreter for this part. What are you on about?
    But back to what we were saying :pac: That I should get laid? ... i gladly stick my middle finger up at you :)

Good for you. But you come across as very prudish. Equating sex with drugs? I'd say the amount of drug related deaths each year far outweighs the amount of sex related deaths.

it said something to me about your attitude towards sex. That it is dangerous and is a vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Well, ok, you are asking a serious question rather than bashing and I thank you for that.

First lets look at the whole thing. As I said you could have a girl working 3 nights a week in a brothel. Having 8 guys a night, 24 guys a week etc etc.
    For me, what type of woman would degrade herself to allow men to pay her for sex. Because lets be honest majority of those guys she wouldnt enjoy. They wont all be fit 20 somethings with massive packages. Dont tell me there isnt a lot of over-weight older men willing to pay for the younger girl.

Its sex for money. That the idea of sex is nothing. Its like a cup of coffee to you or me. But enough about me explaining myself. Can you answer me how does a women have no issue with becoming a prostitute (as we all know your average woman wouldnt become one)

So whats the key factor? ... and it aint all "times are tough" ...

But you're imparting your moral judgement on a natural action. I know plenty of women who don't romanticise sex (and there's a very big difference between a ride and the cheesy "making love".) Just because you think the women are degrading themselves, doesn't mean that's how they see it. To some, sex is nothing. That may be contrary to your moral code, but that's your moral code.

It isn't the same as, say, murder or theft. Not everybody believes that sex is a sacred act, or that a woman's sexuality is a delicate flower that must be preserved and protected.

There's also the factor of seeing it as just a way to make money. I have worked in minimum wage jobs where I was demeaned and patronised. Some days, I felt like I was degrading myself. So where's the inherent difference? Besides the assumption that sex is something special?

Not everyone has an emotional attachment to sex. You may have, but that's not the case for everyone. Plenty of people have multiple one night stands and see nothing wrong with that either. It's not too far off the spectrum from monetising the encounter. Celibacy and virginity is just the other end on a very wide spectrum of sexual experiences.

So, truly, if two people agree to a transaction for sex and no one is harmed by the experience, where is the problem?

Actually,

What is a slut?
    what defines a slut?
    Since im "accordingly" wrong to suggest prostitutes are sluts. Then what defines a person as?

You tell us? You are the only person using the term.

This thread is not about sluts. It's about female students "effectively" prostituting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Actually,

What is a slut?
    what defines a slut?

I don't really like the word, and don't think there are a lot of people I would apply it to. However, if I was forced to make a judgement, I'd say it's anyone who uses their sexuality and sex in a negative way, such as in an affair or to hurt others. Still, nothing is ever black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

The guy who wrote that article needs to learn the difference between a prostitute and a dinner slut

You tell us? You are the only person using the term.

This thread is not about sluts. It's about female students "effectively" prostituting themselves.

you are mister "you're wrong in this, that & the other" :rolleyes:
    now that I posed a question, what? you cant? or wont? or are you afraid to?.... are you afraid that what you judge as a "slut" will get you comments from other users CORRECTING you?

So what is it MrStuffins ... Cant, wont or afraid to?
    Come on stuffins. Mister know it all. Come on. And dont just say "well i think, i think there is no such person as a slut" (least millicent gave his/her view and good on him/her)

come on.

you are mister "you're wrong in this, that * the other" :rolleyes:

now that I posed a question, what? you cant? or wont? or are you afraid to? are you afraid that what you judge as a "slut" will get you comments from other users CORRECTING you?

So what is it MrStuffins ... Cant, wont or afraid to?

Lighter Guy, will all the greatest respect, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. Your writing style is very hard to get a grasp of.

I could tell you what I think a slut is, but it is you who has been using the term. I have no idea why you would want to know what I think a slut is? I'd like to know what you think a slut is.

As for "correcting" me? All i've been doing is giving my opinion. My opinions are based on what I know, what i've seen and what i've experienced. Nobody is going to "correct" my opinion, they will simply present me with theirs.

Lighter Guy, will all the greatest respect, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. Your writing style is very hard to get a grasp of.

I could tell you what I think a slut is, but it is you who has been using the term. I have no idea why you would want to know what I think a slut is? I'd like to know what you think a slut is.

As for "correcting" me? All i've been doing is giving my opinion. My opinions are based on what I know, what i've seen and what i've experienced. Nobody is going to "correct" my opinion, they will simply present me with theirs.

So you are afraid to :)

So you are afraid to :)

Lol

It's been a long time since i've been in primary school so it's been a long time since this particular tactic has worked on me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lol

It's been a long rime since i've been in primary school so it's been a long time since this particular tactic has worked on me :rolleyes:

Long time? :pac:

Long time? :pac:

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Only a Slut would do this. An utter slut.

Now I know the expense of college is mental and what not. But sounds to me like the actions of such a woman who already gave it out to lots now thinks she can make a bit of cash from it. Aka, a slut.

Strangely enough, this is the first post in afterhours that actually made me sit up and say 'fookin hell'.

The tone of your other posts in this thread and the language you use indicates a very odd attitude towards both sex and women. If a girl wants to go out and get laid thats her business, it's not really for you or anyone else to judge!

Yes

Ok.
    where were you 8 years ago? primary school or secondary school? :pac:
    Be honest :pac:

Ok.

How is this relevant?

it seems you think you know who I am but have me mixed up with somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Strangely enough, this is the first post in afterhours that actually made me sit up and say 'fookin hell'.

The tone of your other posts in this thread and the language you use indicates a very odd attitude towards both sex and women. If a girl wants to go out and get laid thats her business, it's not really for you or anyone else to judge!

A slut is woman who sleeps with everyone else but you!

Gyalist wrote: »
    A slut is woman who sleeps with everyone else but you!
    I generally find that there is a particular kind of guy who uses the term slut.

And the slut is always the chick who is having sex with everybody else EXCEPT this guy!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ok.

There's a time you should cut your losses and stop digging. You've gone past it and the personal digs are you just digging and digging.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Gee Bag wrote: »

"When Sarah told me I could never be more than friends with her after 10 dates. I understood. I also understood why she picked John over me. Also Sean, Mark, Tom, Larry, Jim, Vince, Dan, Mike, Gary, Andy, Stephen, Julio and John again. Because they didn't understand her. I did get back with Sarah. It was amazing. We moved into together :) But things didnt work out. I understand. She had a lot on her plate. She couldnt pay the rent and John was sick with the flu so every night she'd go to his place to help him. Sarah is such a wonderful girl. I dont understand why guys say bad things about her.

signed,
    gee bag,
    the man with no testicles
    ." :pac:

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    There's a time you should cut your losses and stop digging. You've gone past it and the personal digs are you just digging and digging.

Its like my theme right now.
    See the yellow "digger" thats your opinions ... oh and thats me on top. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement