Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Maybe not we'll see in time, I don't see Tiger bettering the 18 record with the way he's playing at the moment though.

I was comparing the young Tiger to the young Rory!

Jack is without peer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Social media has made people less open minded and less dependant on individual research.

FYP but it was more or less watertight.

I have noticed a pattern with people who refuse to look beyond your local newspapers though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Are you guys from Dublin or something!? I'm not from Mayo, wasn't even born in Ireland so don't take offense but yee have some crazy ideas about your own country.

Well what difference does it make if we are from dublin or if we are not? Interbreeding happens, it probably happens in most countries. Royalty used to marry their cousins and uncles. I don't agree with it because it's wrong biologically and genetically and it's sad that some people are as clannish that cannot find anyone other than their cousins, there is many fish in the sea and the sea is big.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I hate people.

OK......
    people or "protesters" who call others "Sheeple" deserve a smack in their condescending faces.
    I thought you hated them?

Way to alienate others by thinly-veiling them as stupid while at the same time painting yourself as one who has climbed out of the box and can see from the outside in.
    But - if you hate people surely that's what you do? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

Putin won Russia's recent election with 65% of the vote by an adoring public.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Free will doesn't exist, every choice you make is predetermined by physics, how could it be any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

People who watch one sided hippy documentaries and whole hartedly and blindly believe them are the biggest dopes of all. Calling someone a sheep because they dont believe the one sidedbstory is even more idiotic .
    People who buy organic are sheep . If they looked at the facts they would realise they are being robbed and it would be unsustainable to feed the world organically.
    People paying an extra euro for free range or organic eggs are the biggest sheep of all . If they knew what the laws of free range were they would realise how stupid they were.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Organic and free range eggs, when tested, have proven to contain more nutrients than battery fed counterparts.

Your unpopular opinion is wrong.

every choice you make is predetermined by physics

Then it's not a choice, is it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Free will doesn't exist, every choice you make is predetermined by physics, how could it be any other way.

Ha, The Athiest version of 'God told me to do it'

• Advertisement

Organic and free range eggs, when tested, have proven to contain more nutrients than battery fed counterparts.

Free range means that if it was grown for meat it was allowed run free. Egg hens can be free range provided that if they are grown for meat they are allowed run around. Egg hens arnt grown for meat . The extra nutrients in a free range egg ? Do they test every egg? Or did the one sided documentary test a couple off eggs and tell you this.
    The world is over populated there isnt enough land to feed everyone free range .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

cloptrop wrote: »

Free range means that if it was grown for meat it was allowed run free. Egg hens can be free range provided that if they are grown for meat they are allowed run around. Egg hens arnt grown for meat . The extra nutrients in a free range egg ? Do they test every egg? Or did the one sided documentary test a couple off eggs and tell you this.
    The world is over populated there isnt enough land to feed everyone free range .

Thats where gm food comes in.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Thats where gm food comes in.

In years to come gm food will be hailed as the saviour of the human race .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

The financial crisis was caused by the greed of almost every individual on this island. Few have their hands clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pat Kenny is the most talented man in RTÉ.

It's true he is overpaid and since a lot of them are contractors they should get a take it or leave it lowball offer.
    Sure where are they going to go?
    However that's popular so back to unpopular

I like Pat Kenny on radio and TV and people repeat "plank" as if they are witty yet they don't even check his work and make up their own mind.

If you can't stand him that's perfectly fine, if you never ever check his stuff then why are you commenting on the quality or lack of quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

happyman81 wrote: »
    The financial crisis was caused by the greed of almost every individual on this island. Few have their hands clean.

This is the mantra of the eFFers. It's not an unpopular opinion; it's a bizarrely stupid one.

Pherekydes wrote: »

This is the mantra of the eFFers. It's not an unpopular opinion; it's a bizarrely stupid one.

Never voted for those scum. It's just the truth. Everyone got greedy. Everyone demanded more and more free stuff from the govt. Everyone demanded more cheapr credit. Everyone demanded a house, car, etc. Somewhere along the chain, everyone was demanding, and it all led to where we are now. To suggest otherwise, is to live in denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Never voted for those scum. It's just the truth. Everyone got greedy. Everyone demanded more and more free stuff from the govt. Everyone demanded more cheapr credit. Everyone demanded a house, car, etc. Somewhere along the chain, everyone was demanding, and it all led to where we are now. To suggest otherwise, is to live in denial.
    I don't have a house or car and never demanded one either. I never asked the government for anything until I found myself unemployed in 2008 and had to go on the dole because low level workers were ten a penny and even McDonalds wouldn't hire me. I suppose that makes me dole scrounging scum :rolleyes:

You'll find that most people are working class, they don't expect to live the high life and just get on with things. It was the people in charge of the financial sector who got greedy and didn't regulate it properly who were the ones responsible for the crash. Of course when the sh!t hit the fan, it was everyone else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

In years to come gm food will be hailed as the saviour of the human race .

Up until the point that 2/3 companies control the supply of food

Caliden wrote: »
    Up until the point that 2/3 companies control the supply of food

2 or 3 companies already do probably. If the **** hits the fan I can grow carrots out the back .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Wild Bill wrote: »
    every choice you make is predetermined by physics

Then it's not a choice, is it :rolleyes:

Every choice you think you make was predetermined by the laws of physics. Unless of course the laws of physics doesn't apply to the area inside your skull and you have wizard like powers to change the laws of physics at will.

Every choice you think you make was predetermined by the laws of physics. Unless of course the laws of physics doesn't apply to the area inside your skull and you have wizard like powers to change the laws of physics at will.

You just blew my mind . I was programmed to make decisions by physics just like the dog freud made salivate when he rang a bell but on a much more extensive level .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

You just blew my mind . I was programmed to make decisions by physics just like the dog freud made salivate when he rang a bell but on a much more extensive level .

That was Ivan Pavlov, not Freud.
    Hence the phrase "Pavlov's bell".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yes there was greed, yes plenty weren't complaining at the time - including you I'm sure - but to say ordinary people were the primary cause is a fallacy.

Dudess wrote: »
    Yes there was greed, yes plenty weren't complaining at the time - including you I'm sure - but to say ordinary people were the primary cause is a fallacy.

Yes, I benefitted from the boom, free education, grants, etc. Thankfully I have a job now, so I am paying my way. The bottom line is this, the banks did so much lending, and people owe much, and yet, only one party is at fault. It's crazy talk. Like I said, most people played a part, not all, but the majority of people voted FF and/or borrowed too much and/or did not save any of their earnings. Blood on lots of peoples hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I dislike most reality TV shows, they convey the stupidity of people in general.

I don't like children.

I prefer animals to people.

I think that abortion should be legal.

I believe that Bi-Sexuality is another sexual orientation.

Organ donation should be compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I ignored the whole Kony video thing. Maybe one day I'll overcome my laziness and click the vid but until then meh . We spend our lives bombarded daily with new messages appealing for this and that and each one guaranteed to give you a heart attack if you take it seriously but promoted probably by sociopaths who make a profit out of your concern. It all becomes a desensitized blur in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

psychward wrote: »
    I ignored the whole Kony video thing. Maybe one day I'll overcome my laziness and click the vid but until then meh . We spend our lives bombarded daily with new messages appealing for this and that and each one guaranteed to give you a heart attack if you take it seriously but promoted probably by sociopaths who make a profit out of your concern. It all becomes a desensitized blur in the end.

Me too. Can't be arsed. I'll protect children in Ireland instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Will be an unpopular opinion but i think people were absolutely mad buying houses for a crazy price and living outside their means. How some people thought that they were great getting a house but paying an absolute fortune for it i dont know.

I think everyone knows the rest so i wont continue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

psychward wrote: »

I just thought everyone who fell for that crap was a either a brain dead 16 year old, or a retard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement