Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

They're gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Its supposed to.be, heineken cup is always over cap, but has room. Apparently.so is bruce, least what we were told anyway.

I'm afraid you heard wrong, take it from someone who's been going to matches there from childhood, there's no way in the wide earthly world the new Thomond holds 27'000 for matches, let alone 37'000.

You might be referring to the bare couple of hundred temporary seats they sometimes put in front of the South Terrace. Again, total capacity for matches, HEC or otherwise is always under 27'000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

40 years ago today.......

39 years later.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

what are the chances of me being in the front row for the concert? que 1 or 2 days before hand? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

what are the chances of me being in the front row for the concert? que 1 or 2 days before hand? :/

I've been front row 3 times- just showed up 1st thing in the morning.
    Once at the Point there were a few people who arranged to give out numbers to everyone then you could go away for a few hours, return for role call and go away again.
    Last year we got pit passes and the time before that we were pretty close to the top and just ran like hell.
    Thats a given for all, no matter how close to the top you are RUN LIKE HELL!

Feel like I'm never going to get a ticket at this stage:mad:

• Advertisement

do they always give out pit passes at his concerts?

lm gonna que as early as l can, will be on my own so not too fond about camping on my own in limerick city :S :L

l plan on running like hell alrite even if l get roared at to stop :L

l got 1 for limerick but starting to regret not getting cork either, was looking online for them, alot of ppl looking for €150 +...sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

do they always give out pit passes at his concerts?

lm gonna que as early as l can, will be on my own so not too fond about camping on my own in limerick city :S :L

l plan on running like hell alrite even if l get roared at to stop :L

l got 1 for limerick but starting to regret not getting cork either, was looking online for them, alot of ppl looking for €150 +...sucks!

My boyfriend tried to get 2 for 350 off a guy who isn't a fan- he wouldn't sell because he reckons he'll get more closer to the time.
    Are you from Limerick yourself? Totally understand why you wouldn't want camping out on your own- I wouldn't do it anywhere but you'll be fine first thing in the morning- Bruce fans are great you'll meet plenty of people.
    If they roar run faster:D Try get front and centre I only got there once but the atmosphere is unreal.

hate people who buy the tickets just to make money out of it! nope from kerry, only place in limerick l know is the bus station :S l'll prob go up the day before & look around the place just so l know where to go & how long it'll take me.

hopefully l'll make it to the front & he might pull me up on stage with him for a dance! :P :L

There'll be an organised fan-queue, with numbers given out. Arrive by lunchtime and you might not get a number but you'll still get very close, row three at worst.

how earlier should l arrive to get a number?

• Advertisement

how earlier should l arrive to get a number?

Morning or night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Morning or night before.

with where thomond is, I wouldn't camp overnight

Rough?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Last year at the rds , we didnt bother queing up . Just walked in shortly after gates opened and got a pit pass :D

how did ye get the pit pass? tell me please :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

how did ye get the pit pass? tell me please :P

When we got to our gate entrance , there were people still handing them out

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

someone here might know, Ive got seated tickets for Thomond (they were a present) so is there any chance Id get pit passes and be allowed on the pitch?

l doubt it, my experience with concerts the people who check the tickets tell you were to que, like people with sitting will que in one area and people with standing que somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

l doubt it, my experience with concerts the people who check the tickets tell you were to que, like people with sitting will que in one area and people with standing que somewhere else.

Thats what I thought:( And I cant complain cause they were a present! Im sure till be amazing though even if Im sitting:)

maybe you could try & do a swap for standing?

• Advertisement

Yes they were giving out pit passes in Dublin last year, a mate got one. First i ever heard of this practice. They obviously judge the queue then if there's room fill it with passes. the pit is huge ~ 5000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It's not likely that you're going to find people who want to swap seated for standing but it's worth a try. Toutless or the Backstreets forum (http://www.backstreets.com/btx) are the best places to go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes they were giving out pit passes in Dublin last year, a mate got one. First i ever heard of this practice. They obviously judge the queue then if there's room fill it with passes. the pit is huge ~ 5000 people.

most gigs use the pit pass system, the past two years of Bruce in Ireland have had them, as as almost every other gig. It's for crowd control really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'm assuming these rumours about Bruce doing another gig in Nowlan Park Kilkenny are a load of crap?

The rumoured date is 26th July- I see from his gig dates that he's in Cardiff on 23rd and nothing else then til 15th September in Rio. So it's not totally beyond reality to think he'd come back from Wales to do another gig in Ireland- but hardly???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BornToRun75

you should be fine! my uncle said to the guys in the pit queue for rds show could he stay with me (i had standing, he had sitting ticket) and they said no problem so once he got the wristband they never checked the ticket! he was up the front with us just make sure you say to the guys who hand out the wristbands! they were a bit reluctant at first but were happy to do it after... best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Meangadh wrote: »
    I'm assuming these rumours about Bruce doing another gig in Nowlan Park Kilkenny are a load of crap?

Yes, the rumour mill is in overdrive.

But keep July 28th free. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Yes, the rumour mill is in overdrive.

But keep Saturday, July 28th free. :rolleyes:

At least get the date right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Meangadh wrote: »

The rumoured date is 26th July- I see from his gig dates that he's in Cardiff on 23rd and nothing else then til 15th September in Rio. So it's not totally beyond reality to think he'd come back from Wales to do another gig in Ireland- but hardly???

It was said on the local radio that there will be a 3 day festival in Nowlan Park with Bruce playing.

Aiken are to announce on Thursday.

http://kclr96fm.com/news/the-boss-is-expected-to-headline-a-three-day-festival-in-kilkenny/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Anthony1 wrote: »
    At least get the date right :P

The date I heard for Bruce was the 28th, which would mean he'd be finishing the three-day festival.
    Admittedly, I got the day wrong in my initial post, but I stand by the date.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The date I heard for Bruce was the 28th, which would mean he'd be finishing the three-day festival.
    Admittedly, I got the day wrong in my initial post, but I stand by the date.

That'd make sense. Bruce on any other day would be ridiculous. I live about 5 minutes walk from Nowlan Park. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd technically be able to hear Bruce from my back garden.

Advertisement