Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Zardoz wrote: »
    All 3 gigs are declared sell outs now,so much for the recession

there will be more tickets released in the run up to each show.

wondering what the capacity for cork is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

who_ru wrote: »

wondering what the capacity for cork is?

I would imagine the Cork capacity would be approx 25,000

Capacity of Covered Stand: 9,500
    Capacity of Uncovered Stand: 10,000
    Pitch Standing: 5,500 (based on the fact that the stage will take up a good section along with possible bar and merchandise stands at the rear of the pitch)

Each terrace holds 12,000 but both will be closed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Stockholm night 1 was a nightmare this morning - night 2 was a doddle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pitch Standing: 5,500 (based on the fact that the stage will take up a good section along with possible bar and merchandise stands at the rear of the pitch)

2 sections of each stand will be closed as the stage will take up 20-25 yards and then you will have clearance for viewing angles so probably 7,500 seats in each stand .
    There will be at least ~15k on the pitch ,the pit alone holds 4k ,and it is a GAA pitch so its a good 40 yards longer and 20 yards wider than a soccer pitch .
    I'd say 30k capacity easily ,you could get 35k in.
    The RDS had 35k for the Wrecking Ball gigs and it only has seating for 12k ,the rest is standing.
    I was shocked to see the whole pitch full of people ,its rare to see that nowadays due to health and safety ,usually only 2/3 full if even that.
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh has more seats and a bigger pitch so it could hold more if required but because of the lack of facilities in the stadia ,facilities will have to be put at the back of the pitch.
    Without doubt .I think the promoters like to build hype by announcing a gig is sold out and then release extra tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Capacity of thomond 47,000 for Bruce, we were told at match tonight. Complete sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You are way off.This is not the first time that Pairc Ui Chaoimh has held a concert.In the past U2,Michael Jackson,Prince and Oasis have played there to name a few.

Here it says there was 110,000 at the 2 days for Michael Jackson.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pairc_Ui_Chaoimh

At the Oasis concerts over the 2 days there was at least 80,000.

So unless Health and Safety say otherwise,there should be at least 40,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Here is an amazing cover of a springsteen classic by a group of Norweigan Singers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Capacity of thomond 47,000 for Bruce, we were told at match tonight. Complete sell out.

Not a chance! Thomond capacity for Springsteen is 25,000
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/aiken-surprised-at-speed-of-springsteen-ticket-sales-1-4568353

comet wrote: »
    Supposed yes! We had 37 on sat for the saracens game!

You are way off.This is not the first time that Pairc Ui Chaoimh has held a concert.In the past U2,Michael Jackson,Prince and Oasis have played there to name a few.

Here it says there was 110,000 at the 2 days for Michael Jackson.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pairc_Ui_Chaoimh

At the Oasis concerts over the 2 days there was at least 80,000.

So unless Health and Safety say otherwise,there should be at least 40,000.

Yes, Health and Safety restrictions have changed. The terrace end was open and full to capacity for both Michael Jackson and Oasis which added over 12,000 each night. It won't be open for Bruce!!

The Corkman has reported that capacity will be 30,000!!

http://www.corkman.ie/entertainment/boss-tickets-go-on-sale-today-3322619.html

• Advertisement

30,000 seems low for a relatively large ground like the parc. the prospect of the terraces being empty doesn't fill me with enthusiasm as such a large empty space will be awful to look at, even though you will of course be focused on the other end of the ground but you know what i mean.

couldn't they have put in temporary seating on the terraces or something just to fill the place out and have it rocking (not literally) on the night.

30,000 seems low for a relatively large ground like the parc. the prospect of the terraces being empty doesn't fill me with enthusiasm as such a large empty space will be awful to look at, even though you will of course be focused on the other end of the ground but you know what i mean.

couldn't they have put in temporary seating on the terraces or something just to fill the place out and have it rocking (not literally) on the night.

The terrace at the Pairc isn't designed for temp seats I'm afraid. Hill 16 at Croke Park is the perfect example of how it should be done but it would cost a crazy amount to carry out all the work necessary at the Pairc to get seats in.

I'm not looking forward to a huge empty terrace either. It'll be a pity for no atmosphere etc to be coming from the back of the ground!!

The terrace at the Pairc isn't designed for temp seats I'm afraid. Hill 16 at Croke Park is the perfect example of how it should be done but it would cost a crazy amount to carry out all the work necessary at the Pairc to get seats in.

I'm not looking forward to a huge empty terrace either. It'll be a pity for no atmosphere etc to be coming from the back of the ground!!

i'm worried that the atmosphere will be something like a rock concert in the old east germany, the concrete terrace totally empty will resemble an east german architectural dream. even if they covered it with one of those giant flags or something. Anything really bar have it empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭leakyboots

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Supposed yes! We had 37 on sat for the saracens game!

No, the capacity for Thomond for rugby matches is just a little over 26'000.

For gigs, according the the report in the paper, they're hoping for around a 30'000 capacity for the Springsteen gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The atmosphere in Cork will be electric ,make no mistake of that ,the true capital of Ireland will give a big welcome to the Boss.
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh is a bowl shaped amphitheatre ,its designed for concerts .
    I saw U2 there in 93,its still the best concert I have ever attended .

The stage is in front of the City Endo ,that obviously cant be open.
    As for the Blackrock End ,I dont see any issue with it being closed.
    People will be looking at the opposite end of the pitch not an empty terrace.
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh is a GAA pitch,a good 40 yards longer than a rugby or soccer pitch so the view from the terrace would be crap anyway ,you will be 150 yards from the stage ,you may as well be at home .

leakyboots wrote: »

No, the capacity for Thomond for rugby matches is just a little over 26'000.

For gigs, according the the report in the paper, they're hoping for around a 30'000 capacity for the Springsteen gig

Its supposed to.be, heineken cup is always over cap, but has room. Apparently.so is bruce, least what we were told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭cassette50

Received my tickets for Limerick in the post today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

cassette50 wrote: »
    Received my tickets for Limerick in the post today. :D

that was v quick!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuse?feature=watch

Watch bruce from the hurricane sandy reliefy benefit gig in America

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Hope to get to one of the Irish concerts.

Do people think this is the last stadium tour in these parts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

jimd2 wrote: »
    Hope to get to one of the Irish concerts.

Do people think this is the last stadium tour in these parts?

By the time this tour ends, Bruce will be nearly 64, so he's not getting any younger. Most of the band are in around the same age bracket. It's probably a good bet that there will not be any tour in 2014 and in 2015 Bruce will be receiving his bus pass.

Having said that, I thought that after seeing the 2009 tour and, in particular, how the Big Man was struggling that it would be the last ESB tour.

The attitude I take now is to treat each tour as the last one and then every subsequent tour is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭8mv

The attitude I take now is to treat each tour as the last one and then every subsequent tour is a bonus.

Ive been thinking that way since the Tunnel of Love tour at the RDS in '87 (?)

My ticket just arrived :D:D so happy!

My ticket just arrived :D:D so happy!
    don't go and lose it now!

don't go and lose it now!

ha or forget where l put it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

O2 presale at 9am for Cardiff - think Wales will be busy this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

i'm worried that the atmosphere will be something like a rock concert in the old east germany, the concrete terrace totally empty will resemble an east german architectural dream. even if they covered it with one of those giant flags or something. Anything really bar have it empty.

Springsteen in East Berlin 1988

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Tickets for the Cork show aren't available on the ticketmaster website but are on the ticketmaster Android app. Might be useful for anyone looking for a ticket.

• Advertisement

tickets online again for Cork!

Advertisement