Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Was supposed to be at a family thing so I didn't bother getting a ticket however now things are changed I'd probably pick up a seated ticket for Tuesday night if Ticketmaster puts up some tickets for resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ya, I was going to pick up a €30 ticket few hours before the gigs on Adverts. But something came up and I couldn't go.

Was having a read through the following article someone posted earlier. It raised a chuckle in me. Someone commented about Bruce being the working class hero. Yet when he was asked why the tickets prices to his recent gigs are so high, his answer is that Shure everyone else is doing the same.

I'm still looking forward to the gig as I have never seen him. I was having a look at the setlist, but I only know a fraction of the songs from the main set anyway. I'd know the tunes from the encore. I have a bit of work to do in the next 2 weeks to get up to speed. I see no Born in the USA being player. No harm I guess, but will raise some eyebrows. I'd love to get Bobby Jean, Secret Garden and Streets of Philadelphia, but looks like I will be disappointed on all fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You may get Bobby Jean but defo not the other two.

Born in the USA isnt a regular in his sets. Once every 10 gigs maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I've been drenched and scorched at Bruce in the RDS. you never know what your gonna get... Such is Ireland.

To the above poster, don't worry too much about what will or will not be played. Your gonna be seeing a true master in action on what very might be his last trip around with the E Street. Enjoy every minute, sit back and let Bruce drive. He won't dissapoint! Secret Garden and Streets of Phillidelphia are pretty unlikely, you may get Bobby Jean. Born in the USA was played once on the American leg. He started to mix up a small bit of the set coming towards the end of the US leg, I'd expect this trend to continue through Europe. Like I said though, enjoy the songs you know and the ones you don't know.

I hope he plays a blinder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,945 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seen him 4 times so far and BITU was played at 3/4 all with the full album been played at the Kilkenny show

Looking forward to hearing 'Ghosts' live. Doubt it but would love 'I'm On Fire' and 'I'm Goin Down'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,595 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He usually plays Born in the USA in Europe though I thought ?

The US setlist has been fairly static, theres a good few songs he needs to get rid of, especially in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I think there's consensus that he'll be playing the same setlist here x3. A strange choice for him, but age and stubbornness are a thing. His experience with the Broadway show is informing this approach. May make for a bummer in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭newhouse87

looking for 2 tickets 5th may if any about. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Aiken's response re:tickets.

You'd think after 40 years of promoting him and gigs in general they wouldn't come across so amateur but here we are.

• Advertisement

Next week, yeah Id hope they would be in the accounts next week as seeing the gigs are on then.

I suspect the tickets will appear in the accounts the same day as the Production tickets are released, such a cynical ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's not even resale, I'm in work till 6 on Friday, I'll make it in about 20 minutes before Bruce comes on stage, now I've gotta spend all week checking my account so I can transfer tickets to my friends who trusted me to get the tickets. Joke.

The Ticketmaster cheerleader will be along to defend it soon.

You are assuming transfer will be on.

At this stage I wouldnt be surprised if they don't enable it.

These mobile tickets were not introduced to help the customer.

My ticket for Sunday 7th is in my account now

No option to Transfer and Sell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sorry if this was covered on the thread previously, but I presume there is still the option of buying a ticket of someone (e,g, if the person has a spare ticket on account of someone in the group pulling out), and then going into the stadium with them. I cannot think of any reason why that wouldn't work, unless I am missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

I have a ticket for the Tuesday if anyone wants it?

Was going to go with a few mates, but I backed out. Saw him live a few times before. Just not feeling it this time.

If anyone is interested, when they land in the accounts, give me a shout and I'll pass it on to you. Face value

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No they're dynamic barcodes from what I've been reading

They'll have to enable transfers. Be chaos otherwise.

My bet is a ticket drop in the next few days and they'll enable it once those tickets are sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I've locked the thread allowing sales on Toutless until this is cleared up.

One very real problem with this is that for anyone group in a purchase all people in that group will need to arrive at the same time. There will be now huge amounts of people gathering outside the venue trying to coordinate where in the past they could all enter at different times having transferred tickets to the rest of the party. I can't imagine this will be good for the area or good for getting everyone into the venue in a timely manner.

My suspicion is that this feature will be unlocked closer to the day but without any clear indication this is going to cause problems for:

The people on the day who need to coordinate meeting and entering with the rest of their group at the same time.

Anyone who purchased a ticket as a present or on behalf of someone they know with the intent of providing it to them.

Anyone who had legitimate reasons for selling a ticket as they couldn't attend and chose to sell for face value to another fan who wanted to go.

At the very bottom of the list is this also causes problems for touts. A reminder that Ireland has legislation that makes touting illegal. That legislation does not require third parties to do any of what is being done here. If anything it should be the situation that the law should handle touting and the promoters and or artists here should just concentrate on providing the tickets in a manner that allows legitimate people to use them without these hoops to jump through.

Great work Toast. Won't be buying an eticket again after this experience. Mugs game.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1651530155406262280

Looks like the transfer will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gunner5

I have no faith even if they do open up the transfer. I did it for a friend who's ticket I had for Caribou and it never transferred and it never came back. It was stuck in no mans land and ticketmaster customer services shut at 6pm . I had to rush to the venue to ensure my friend was able to get in. It's going to be chaos either way

They've at least made it so you can cancel a transfer if you send it and it is not claimed but if you typo an email and it is a legit email and that person claims the ticket you are SOL. There will definitely be a non zero amount of tickets transferred incorrectly or not properly accepted by the other party. I recently had to transfer 3 tickets to 3 different people who are all tech industry people. 1 of them was able to complete the transfer in a timely manner unaided. The other two I had to chase and tell them to actual read the email they got and accept the transfer. For non tech people the low tech work around has been screenshot the QR code and whatsapp it. These new dynamic codes requiring ticketmaster accounts which people will leave it until probably when they are standing in front of the barcode reader to realise the email they got is not the actual ticket... it'll be pretty messy.

Looking at early pictures of the stage for Barcelona it looks like Bruce hasnt spent any of the extra money he took in on production.

The same old Cow Shed box style design.

What did you expect? Max on a 360 degree drum riser?

The drops/holdbacks have begun.

• Advertisement

How can they charge full price for those seats , they are miles away.

Advertisement