Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    They on sale Brendan?
    I mean I'll be buying 8 - onsale Thursday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Grand - thought I missed a pre-sale!
    eventim.de already have my head fried, as it stands I have 8 tkts for four people for Berlin.......but have the pit tkts so hopefully all will be ok. As you've probably seen from the Lake they put up pre-sale yesterday without pit tkts and now they added them today!

Luckily, and very unusually, I ticked the insurance box the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DerryKevin

Grand - thought I missed a pre-sale!
    eventim.de already have my head fried, as it stands I have 8 tkts for four people for Berlin.......but have the pit tkts so hopefully all will be ok. As you've probably seen from the Lake they put up pre-sale yesterday without pit tkts and now they added them today!

Luckily, and very unusually, I ticked the insurance box the first time.

I will be looking for Dublin tickets myself. Does anyone know if the limit will be 4 or 6? Plus, does the distance selling rule (anything bought on the net can be returned for full refund within 7 days) apply when buying from ticketmaster? I would assume the same rules would apply and tickets could be cancelled within 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Hugely disappointed with cost of tickets & venue. Have attended every show since TOL tour but will be missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Can anyone give a guess about the chances of a Belfast gig?

• Advertisement

meep wrote: »
    Hugely disappointed with cost of tickets & venue. Have attended every show since TOL tour but will be missing this one.

If u have attended every show since TOL then you paid the exact same price in 09 as this year. Prices are the same and venue.

Can anyone give a guess about the chances of a Belfast gig?
    I would give it the same rating as your sig. Maybe if night 1 doesn't sell out we could have an indoor Belfast rather than RDS2 but unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Would love to go see him in the RDS but I can't justify spending that much money on tickets + the actual cost of going to the gig aswell (food,drink,merch etc)

Would love to go see him in the RDS but I can't justify spending that much money on tickets + the actual cost of going to the gig aswell (food,drink,merch etc)
    I'm no defender if the Dublin prices -
    I think they are unfairly high - but you don't need to buy food / drink / mechanise. Guys, i think these are possibly the last time round for the E Street Band, I wouldn't miss it. I've told my wife - no money on Christmas presents for me - I am buying Bruce tickets for whatever number of shows he is doing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

hydepark_lopez.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

Will people be queuing up for the tickets or getting them online? I went to Ticketmaster today and they said for big names the site can easily crash but they'll have the tickets ready if you go to the shop, and since RDS is so big they won't sell out as quick. They also said for another huge band the queue was really long and only the last two didn't get tickets. Which is the better one to go for?

I don't mind queuing up (even if it means staying all night) but will this decrease my chances of getting any? And what time should I be thinking of getting there at?

One last question. Will they accept debit card?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Crush525 wrote: »

I don't mind queuing up (even if it means staying all night) but will this decrease my chances of getting any? And what time should I be thinking of getting there at?

One last question. Will they accept debit card?

Cheers!

No, have cash at the ready. You'll only delay others in the queue and I'm pretty sure only cash at Tm outlets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i wont be able to queue for tickets or get near the internet tomorrow!! so im hoping there'll be a 2nd gig announced and i'll get to an outlet by tomorrow night or friday morn. surely there will still be seating tickets left by then?????

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

i wont be able to queue for tickets or get near the internet tomorrow!! so im hoping there'll be a 2nd gig announced and i'll get to an outlet by tomorrow night or friday morn. surely there will still be seating tickets left by then?????

Might have two sitting tickets handy for the Tuesday gig, section BLOCK F, row R, seats 21-20.
    Accidentally ordered them (want standing tickets), will let you know later, or alternatively give me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

edit: No worries!

Might have two sitting tickets handy for the Tuesday gig, section BLOCK F, row R, seats 21-20.
    Accidentally ordered them (want standing tickets), will let you know later, or alternatively give me a PM

many thanks but i managed to grab some for both nights in the end!!! block f is a great view!! ill be queing for the pit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

there's 2 nights now?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Second night was added around 09:30, ticketmasters way of making sure all tickets are sold I'm guessing

Standing tkts still available for 2nd night as of lunchtime...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Boss and E Street band always puts on one hell of a show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 liptinui75

where do u queue for the pit and how long before tks.would love my litte boy to see him hes only 4 loves him.

liptinui75 wrote: »
    where do u queue for the pit and how long before tks.would love my litte boy to see him hes only 4 loves him.

Simmonscourt Road into Simmonscourt car park/ext. Difficult to know this time as it's mid-week, but if you queue from lunchtime I think you'd be fine, pit was fairly big last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 liptinui75

Tks a million dr nick appreciate it.

Asssume everyone got fixed up with tickets. Only 227 days to go......

179 to Berlin though........
    202 to Etihad
    224 to Hyde Park

:D

Just realised, this night four years ago I was in Mannheim for the Magic tour:

Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The River
    I'll Work For Your Love
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Kitty's Back
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

RTE political correspondant and Springsteen fan Cathal McCoille was there too..........

Just realised, this night four years ago I was in Mannheim for the Magic tour:

Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The River
    I'll Work For Your Love
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Kitty's Back
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

RTE political correspondant and Springsteen fan Cathal McCoille was there too..........

Do you mean David McCullagh? I know David was there.

Do you mean David McCullagh? I know David was there.

Yes of course, think I mixed them two up before!

that guy is a mad fan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ahaboy

Well lads, did we all get sorted?!! Im looking to swop a couple of seating tickets for standing on the 2nd nite if anyones interested?

• Advertisement

Yep all sorted - thanks. I'm sitting with family on night 1, intend getting into Pit night 2. Roll on July. Wonde what the album will bring?

Advertisement