Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bduffy wrote: »
    Been with Meteor for more than 10 years, but....
    I switched to the €15 deal in mid-January but so far:
    Month 1: Rate was €20 (€5 credited after a call)
    Month 2: Rate was €20 and all calls were deducted from 200 min limit (including Meteor to Meteor calls) giving an overall bill of €85 - corrected to €17 but may not make this billing cycle...
    :eek:

Not making a billing cycle is not good enough and if you are paying by direct debit then you have rights which you should assert. Customers accounts are not there to be raided willy nilly due to meteors inability to provide a proper billing system.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

In particular disputed amounts should not be debited

Originators must put in place reliable systems and which will ensure:
    o the issuance of correct advance notification as appropriate of amounts to be debited
    o that Direct Debits as issued conform to Payer instructions and the Rules of the Scheme
    o that disputed amounts are not debited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Im a meteor prepay customer and signed up online for this bill plan. Got an email saying everything was approved and set up and that when I get the new sim card in the post, I should call customer care.

So, got my new sim card this morning, called customer care and was met with "ehh, i think that sim was cancelled". I have been transferred/cut off so many times. I have emailed stuff@meteor.ie and have not received a response.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone know how i can contact someone who will sort this? I must say, from my dealings with meteor over the last few weeks, they have the most incompetent customer care/support team I have ever come across. It is quite simply appalling!

A further update on this...

After spending the day again on the phone yesterday, a customer care member confirmed that a batch of sims were sent out that should not have been and that she was going to consult her supervisor and get back to me the following day.

So she calls today and said that everything would be sorted from 4pm onwards and that I should call customer care and everything should be good to go. So i did. And was met with the same response. "That sim is cancelled". I went through the whole story again and he seemed to be clueless as to what i should do. He suggested I go out and buy a new sim. he then gave me a number for someone who might be able to help me in sales. They informed me that they could not help me and gave me another number.

Please people- stay away from this sham of a "company"

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

I have become so frustrated with Meteor as well.I signed up online but before i got my sim,i rang customer care to cancel and they said "No Problem".That was late Nov.I never ported over from my current provider.

I got a bill in Jan for 26 euro,which came out of my account.I then rang customer care again and they said the would fix it.I cancelled the direct debit.

I have since got 2 more bills and "owe" them 31.85 which includes a penalty for them not being able to take the 2nd bill from my account.
    I e-mailed stuff@meteor on Tues to see if they could help but have got nothing back.I hope they don't come looking for the money i "owe" because they will have a hard tome getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Received my first bill since switching from 3, and for some reason it's credited with €30.04!

No idea why, but not gonna question it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

GEM_13 wrote: »
    I have become so frustrated with Meteor as well.I signed up online but before i got my sim,i rang customer care to cancel and they said "No Problem".That was late Nov.I never ported over from my current provider.

I got a bill in Jan for 26 euro,which came out of my account.I then rang customer care again and they said the would fix it.I cancelled the direct debit.

I have since got 2 more bills and "owe" them 31.85 which includes a penalty for them not being able to take the 2nd bill from my account.
    I e-mailed stuff@meteor on Tues to see if they could help but have got nothing back.I hope they don't come looking for the money i "owe" because they will have a hard tome getting it.

Did they attempt to access your account via dd after you has cancelled it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

My contract ended at midnight on the 10th of this month, so I rang them on the 10th, asked them to switch me to the €15.75 plan. Customer care were not so helpful, so I asked to be switched to Sales and within two minutes the guy had sorted everything out for me.
    The end of last week my bill came in and everything on it was perfect. I have no idea what the people you are dealing with are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've been on this plan for about 14 months but am charged €20 per month. Is it easy enough to change to the €15 plan and how would I go about that?

[edit] post above mine seems to have answered my question.

My account is proper messed up.

Like I mentioned above, my first bill came in the other day saying I had €30 credit!
    Just now, while watching a youtube video, I got a text saying I'm approaching my 500mb Internet Add On allowance, and I'll be charged 69c per day. So I text Balance Data to 50104 to see where I stand, and it replied to me that I have 1GB remaining, available until my next billing date of 14-03-12! Which basically means I haven't touched my allowance, even though it's told me I've nearly reached 500mb!

Gonna leave it until my next bill though and see what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

Soarer wrote: »
    My account is proper messed up.

Like I mentioned above, my first bill came in the other day saying I had €30 credit!
    Just now, while watching a youtube video, I got a text saying I'm approaching my 500mb Internet Add On allowance, and I'll be charged 69c per day. So I text Balance Data to 50104 to see where I stand, and it replied to me that I have 1GB remaining, available until my next billing date of 14-03-12! Which basically means I haven't touched my allowance, even though it's told me I've nearly reached 500mb!

Gonna leave it until my next bill though and see what's what.

You get 500mb free bonus data when you first sign up, so you have to use all that before it starts using your monthly gigabyte of data.There is nothing wrong with your account.

yellowbear wrote: »
    You get 500mb free bonus data when you first sign up, so you have to use all that before it starts using your monthly gigabyte of data.There is nothing wrong with your account.

That's good to know, thanks.

Now as long as they leave my account in credit, they'll never hear from me!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

I'm currently a pre pay customer with Meteor and I was thinking of moving to this deal but with all the problems in this thread, is it really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

double GG wrote: »
    I'm currently a pre pay customer with Meteor and I was thinking of moving to this deal but with all the problems in this thread, is it really worth it?

You're already a customer. So, yeah. :D

You're already a customer. So, yeah. :D

I might go ahead with it then. Can I simply opt out of this when I want even after 1 month? as long as I give them 30 days notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I think if your willing to put up with a few(or perhaps none) screw ups from meteor then it is definitely worth it.it is a great deal.just keep an eye on your bill and your balances.not all of us had trouble with it.very few people write in with good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

dub45 wrote: »
    Did they attempt to access your account via dd after you has cancelled it?

I'll answer the question in 2 parts.
    They accessed my account in Jan. for the first bill after i asked CC to cancel the contract at the start of Dec.

I then took it upon myself to cancel the DD late Jan. and they charged a fee for not being able to access my account because i had cancelled the DD.

Hope this answers the question properly.To be fair,i didn't notify them that i was cancelling the DD.I was just a little miffed that they charged me for the first month after they had said they would cancel first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I posted earlier in the thread saying I was moving from Billpay 12 month contract to this on my billing date, I got my first bill this week and very happy with it. I did have to email stuff but never heard back from them but it seems to be ok. The only thing is it's not showing how many minutes and texts I have left

Switching from Meteor Pre-pay to this, I want to keep my number, is this possible? I know I wrote in my number at the start of the process but I'm sure they will send me a new sim card or how do I work this?

Switching from Meteor Pre-pay to this, I want to keep my number, is this possible? I know I wrote in my number at the start of the process but I'm sure they will send me a new sim card or how do I work this?

they send you a sim card with a new number, you just ring them up and say you want your old number ported over.it takes a few hours i think.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    they send you a sim card with a new number, you just ring them up and say you want your old number ported over.it takes a few hours i think.

Sorry, excuse the stupidity, but could I call them up and ask them if they could just port my sim over from prepay to this plan now?

Sorry, excuse the stupidity, but could I call them up and ask them if they could just port my sim over from prepay to this plan now?

i dont know the answer to that but i will tell you that i was on prepay with them as well and they still had to port over my number.for some reason they have to go through the motions of sending you out a new sim.so that kind of answers the question for you.took 3 bloody days to port the number but thats another story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

i dont know the answer to that but i will tell you that i was on prepay with them as well and they still had to port over my number.for some reason they have to go through the motions of sending you out a new sim.so that kind of answers the question for you.took 3 bloody days to port the number but thats another story.

3 days!!!:eek:
    theres no excuse for that!

3 days!!!:eek:
    theres no excuse for that!

Yea I know but like I said in an earlier post for me its a great deal and I'm happy to put up with a few ups and downs to get it.i just hope to god my next bill is right lol

I signed up to this late last year and haven't had a single correct bill.

I got my first bill corrected and was promised that it would be correct going forward but it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm looking to port over to Meteor next month when my O2 rip off contract is up.

Is that 25 quid a month unlimited text 1gb data bundle defo expired? Can't see it on the site, would have been ideal for me.

Failing that the 40 quid bundle will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

bill no.2 came last week and still not right. is there an email or live chat session for meteor? I really couldnt stand another half hour conversation on why the man in the metoer shop didn't sort out the bill pay lite deal for me properly though I explained about 50 times I had signed up online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They have an online Forum. Sign up to that and give it a go .Might solve your issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 meleady26

Best bet is email stuff@meteor.ie

They got my first bill wrong, i emailed them and got a reply within half an hour, the 2nd bill i got was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

Stuff@meteor is not as great as you think. Initially they did last month, but my bill is wrong again and they are blanking me now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Bit late for you but for anyone else, i was prepay. Switched over. Did it all online on Thursday, heard nothing by Monday. Rang them and Jason I think, sorted it all out really quickly. Kept the same sim card and got a txt that said that my prepaid credit would even be credited to me, although i'm not holding my breath! i sent Balance to 50104 a few hours later and i have 69 txts and 69 mins and 353.1mb of data til 14th or March when i'll be billed. Praying I don't have any of the problems other did! Don't know why i got charged €1 for the sim card charge now tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Stuff@meteor is not as great as you think. Initially they did last month, but my bill is wrong again and they are blanking me now.......

Yeah thats totally true.
    Been blanking my last few mails aswell.
    Comreg are dealing with it now :)

Advertisement