Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 meleady26

Has anyone used the roaming? Do you have to register for it and what are the prices like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

im waiting since last thursday for them to port over my old number.dont mind waiting but if i top up ill loose it when the billpay kicks in.they told me this morning that it should be done by lunch time today........................

Just use your credit first, hardly rocket science.

your a genius.christ how did i not think of that.how dumb of me.thankyou sooooooooo much.
    you know you wander around this world and sometimes you just get lost or distracted and along comes a bright spark who lights the way.more of you is what we need.
    thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

crazygeryy wrote: »
    im waiting since last thursday for them to port over my old number.dont mind waiting but if i top up ill loose it when the billpay kicks in.they told me this morning that it should be done by lunch time today........................

That strikes me as odd, i got my sim card yesterday and was ported over within an hour and a half of ringing up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

your a genius.christ how did i not think of that.how dumb of me.thankyou sooooooooo much.
    you know you wander around this world and sometimes you just get lost or distracted and along comes a bright spark who lights the way.more of you is what we need.
    thanks again.
    Happy to help.

• Advertisement

yellowbear wrote: »

That strikes me as odd, i got my sim card yesterday and was ported over within an hour and a half of ringing up.

Lucky you.did u go from pre pay to bill pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

Yeah i changed from vodafone prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just to warn people, it has happened to a few people i know that they are not applying the promotions and have charged people in excess of 100 euro for the bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

On this plan about 2/3 months never had problem, also you can check online to see what your being charged for.

Happy with this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Thankfully I have not seen a bill > €100 but I do know they can't seem to get the bills right at the start.

Their system is supposed to bill you the 'regular' €30 p mth tariff but apply a €15 discount but the discount is not appearing for many.

So, be warned, watch your first few bills.

Such a pity they screwed up so many new customers bills as this plan is such a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I hate the way u loose all your credit when u go to bill pay.surely its transferable in some way.
    You don't have to...I had €150 of credit built up so no way was I going to lose that...they credited my account so lots of free months for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

fletch wrote: »
    You don't have to...I had €150 of credit built up so no way was I going to lose that...they credited my account so lots of free months for me :)

Who did you move from though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Sim arrived by courier yesterday evening, contacted customer services and ported over. Was informed it would happen this morning and surely enough it did. Smooth transaction.

Was also informed of my billing date and that my first bill would also be charged one month in advance. Is this the same for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Just had a call from customer care checking up on me. Making sure i was settling in etc.

Confirmed the €15 discount, so hopefully i will be billed correctly. First Bill is on the 4th so fingers crossed.

3G speeds are awesome. So much so I used up my allowance trying out Netflix.

Used to be 150-400kb/s on Tesco mobile.
    Now 3-5mb/s :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

pissed wrote: »
    Sim arrived by courier yesterday evening, contacted customer services and ported over. Was informed it would happen this morning and surely enough it did. Smooth transaction.

Was also informed of my billing date and that my first bill would also be charged one month in advance. Is this the same for everyone?

Your first bill will bill you from date of SIM arrival to first bill date pro-rata (+any calls/texts outside the 200 during this period), plus the €15 for the next month. (this may appear as €30 but there should be a corresponding €15 discount against it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Who is this thread for? Tesco or meteor? I was with meteor and I have great coverage no issues with them at all. I needed a new phone cause lost old one in portlaoise (some scumbag called france on it twice and text germany twice) in the space of half an hour but luckily enough they were only seconds worth of calls and then the sim was blocked.

Anyway I went with tesco to get new phone and that. Oh boy was I disappointed. Had awful trouble with coverage even though they are on the O2 network I still couldn't get more than 1 bar with the tesco network name on screen. Only time I got full bars was when it went to emergency so they sent me out a new sim. Still no better. I can only put it down to the phone, cheap nasty little thing.

Staying with meteor now (great coverage) and getting phone with wifi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Your first bill will bill you from date of SIM arrival to first bill date pro-rata (+any calls/texts outside the 200 during this period), plus the €15 for the next month. (this may appear as €30 but there should be a corresponding €15 discount against it)

You don't have the full allowance when you get the sim, you only have a partial one, so if you got it with about a week before the meteor billing date you'd only have maybe 50 minis 50 texts and 1/4gb of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Has anyone gone with the 18month contract, 200 mins and texts, 500mb data? I see on the other it says free meteor talk and text but not on the one I mentioned. Can anyone tell me if there is free meteor talk and text on that plan? I called them about it and all he could tell me " Id imagine there is" :eek:. The only person I call or text is the wife (Billy no mates :() and shes on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

loopymum wrote: »
    Who did you move from though?
    I was already with meteor but on a pre-pay plan

Will the bill come online or in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

pissed wrote: »

I got told I would be paying a month in advance when I first signed up, also got a call today from customer service to confirm this. I didn't have to pay any deposit so maybe this is the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I got charged 34 for the month instead of 15e, so rang them up 1905, press 1 and hash a few times, straight to an operator. Sorted it in 3min.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone get a text saying their internet add on has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Nothing received here.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

I got charged 34 for the month instead of 15e, so rang them up 1905, press 1 and hash a few times, straight to an operator. Sorted it in 3min.

Identical story for me except it was e26. They must realise they are messin everyones bill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Got it today, thats the bonus gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Damie wrote: »
    Got it today, thats the bonus gone

Are you saying the 1gig internet was just a bonus, not part of the deal?

If you checked your balance of minutes/texts and data usage, you would have noticed that there was a 'bonus' add on of internet usage, aswell as the 1gig that's part of the deal. I'm presuming that the bonus data is what the text referred to....

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Damie wrote: »
    If you checked your balance of minutes/texts and data usage, you would have noticed that there was a 'bonus' add on of internet usage, aswell as the 1gig that's part of the deal. I'm presuming that the bonus data is what the text referred to....

Hi Damie. Just wondering whats the bonus data about. I got this text message but was not aware of a bonus being applied. Checked the online usage and saw this but was wondering what it was in relation to. Meteor did not have any idea when I rang them.

By the way how do you read the usage....

Does it show the remaining amount or does it show what you have used up.

Example: Calls 70/200. Does this relate to having used up 70 minutes or is there only 70 mins left??

Any help really appreciated.

Freebee23

• Advertisement

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi Damie. Just wondering whats the bonus data about. I got this text message but was not aware of a bonus being applied. Checked the online usage and saw this but was wondering what it was in relation to. Meteor did not have any idea when I rang them.

By the way how do you read the usage....

Does it show the remaining amount or does it show what you have used up.

Example: Calls 70/200. Does this relate to having used up 70 minutes or is there only 70 mins left??

Any help really appreciated.

Freebee23

The bonus just came as part of the deal, I didn't know anything about it until I viewed my usage online.

As regards reading the usage, in your example, 70/200, this means you have used 70 mins and you have 130 left.

I signed up to this deal with the view of waiting for the new Galaxy to appear, so I missed out on the bloody bonus data as there's no bloody interent access on my Cobble!:o

Advertisement