Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Hi people, for those looking for Meteor Live Chat, I have asked a rep and this is the response that I have gotten.

Paul: Hi, this is meteor [my name], how can I help you?
    me: Yes, my friend is asking how they can find your link?
    me: it just popped up on me accidentally
    Paul: Hi Stuart, our link can be found on the contact page providing there a chat agent available. In the case where we are quiet we will invite you to chat If you are stuck on a webpage for up to 60 seconds.
    me: could you please post your link up here so I can just copy and paste it to them?
    me: I don't want to use this link because it automatically signs in as me.
    Paul: Link - http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/
    Paul: Hi, abovve is the link needed.
    me: thank you
    Paul: No problem at all, Thanks for your chat.
    This session has been closed by Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

07438991 wrote: »
    It's nowr to be found. I was just looking at their different bill pay options and the FAQs and a pop-up came up and asked if I want to live chat with a Meteor representative.

My history gives me the link, very handy to add this to your favorites! I will log on and ask them for it.

O2 do something similar where the popup will only appear if their support team are not busy on calls.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody else if having problem getting their new bill pay sim card?

I ordered it on the 7th January and it still hasn't arrived. I rang up on the 13th an gave them my name, address and order number but they couldn't find me on the system. then, I was transferred to someone else who said they will process my order straight away and dispatch it the same day and I will receive it on Monday. oh, and I also had a person ring and say that they were taking €50 from my account as deposit, I think it's in case I don't pay my bill.. :(

I am switching from prepay to billpay so needless to say that I let my credit run low before doing so and didn't want to top up in case my sim card arrived. This is a ridiculous wait on their behalf as I am not even getting my same number, I was told that I still have to ring them when my new same card arrives to switch over the same number! It can't just be sent out with your existing number..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody else if having problem getting their new bill pay sim card?

I ordered it on the 7th January and it still hasn't arrived. I rang up on the 13th an gave them my name, address and order number but they couldn't find me on the system. then, I was transferred to someone else who said they will process my order straight away and dispatch it the same day and I will receive it on Monday. oh, and I also had a person ring and say that they were taking €50 from my account as deposit, I think it's in case I don't pay my bill.. :(

I am switching from prepay to billpay so needless to say that I let my credit run low before doing so and didn't want to top up in case my sim card arrived. This is a ridiculous wait on their behalf as I am not even getting my same number, I was told that I still have to ring them when my new same card arrives to switch over the same number! It can't just be sent out with your existing number..

+1 :(

Daniel S wrote: »
    +1 :(

Do I take it that you're in a similar position?

• Advertisement

Do I take it that you're in a similar position?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I wish, I wish, I wish I checked Bargain Alerts more often. I'm paying O2 €45 a month for 100 minutes, 100 texts and 1GB of data on my iPhone:eek::eek: and for good measure:mad:. To think I could be getting a much better deal for a third of the price........aaaargh:mad:

Whats the Meteor network like? I live in Kildare and most of the time, there is only one or two bars of O2 service on my phone, with "No Service" being a regular occurence. When I travel down the country on business, there are a lot of dead spots where I have zero reception. What do I need to port over, e.g. a bill (which happened to arrive yesterday for the usual €45 despite regular downtimes on their network the past month). Do they like playing tricks on customers like O2 do or is Meteor's customer service better (which wouldn't be hard tbh).

I know this is an O2 rant but I seriously p1ssed off with their crappy network, crappy customer service and most of all my own crappy lazy a$$ for staying with them for 14 years when I should have moved on long ago.

The deal is still available online Dave, as for coverage I'm pretty impressed so far, I've checked it over most of Meath and Dublin and all good so I'd imagine Kildare should be fine too..

Yep.

Ssshhh... They're watching us! :eek:

A white DPD van just pulled up outside my house and delivered my sim card, how weird it that...! :D

I retract anything negative that I have said about meteor (just in case they're still monitoring this thread)

Meteor bill pay here we go.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now to change over numbers.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I'm going to call meteor tomorrow but can you keep your old number and how long is the contract for and can u pay the bill by direct debit?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I'm going to call meteor tomorrow but can you keep your old number and how long is the contract for and can u pay the bill by direct debit?
    Thanks.

You can keep your old number, its a rolling monthly contract and you can pay by DD.

I was an existing meteor customer getting 200mins, 200 texts and 1gb internet for e35. Changed tarriff today and i get the same as well as free meteor calls and texts for e15.25.

• Advertisement

Doodoo wrote: »
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    Thanks.

You can keep your old number, its a rolling monthly contract and you can pay by DD.

I was an existing meteor customer getting 200mins, 200 texts and 1gb internet for e35. Changed tarriff today and i get the same as well as free meteor calls and texts for e15.25.

Cheers thanks for the Reply.ill call them tomorrow.

Just one more question.is 1 gb a month for data a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Depends.

If you mainly use the net on your phone just to check the occasional web page, email and odd YouTube video it's plenty. But if you are going to say watch Netflix via your phone when not on a wireless connection it won't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi Guys,

Exact same thing with me...looking for a deposit after telling me on the phone that it was gonna change over on Monday without even getting a new simcard.

Meteor customer support is a disaster these days if you ask me. Needless to say I cancelled my order this morning and they didn't even make any effort to try and change my mind...not a happy customer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

Quick question guys I still have 2 months on my 18 month contract, can I still avail of this offer now or do I have to wait until my current contract finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Switched over about two weeks ago. Got a call today from one of their customer service team asking how I was getting on with Meteor. Had no idea what I was talking about when I reminded him that I was on the €15.00 deal.

Will wait for the inevitable botched bill to turn up before I unleash hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

After receiving my second overcharged bill I emailed stuff@meteor.ie and they were very prompt and helpful, they said they've my bill sorted out and were full of apologies. So here's hoping this is the last of any hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

used info@meteor.ie - email is the only way to go on this one,if using this method put in your name,address,phone number and PIN and why your contacting them...

I found it excellent,sorted over 2-3 mails.

Ssshhh... They're watching us! :eek:

A white DPD van just pulled up outside my house and delivered my sim card, how weird it that...! :D

I retract anything negative that I have said about meteor (just in case they're still monitoring this thread)

Meteor bill pay here we go.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now to change over numbers.. :pac:
    Got a call at around half one:

"Can I just sign your name for you as the meteor box will easily fit through the letter box?"
    "Yea grand :)"
    "Sound :)"

I always get really nice postmen/couriers, never had a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got a call at around half one:

"Can I just sign your name for you as the meteor box will easily fit through the letter box?"
    "Yea grand :)"
    "Sound :)"

I always get really nice postmen/couriers, never had a bad one.

Yeah, my guy delivered mine to a strangers house(An expensive handset). I don't even know the people and made them sign for it and THEN rang me to tell me where it was. He never asked me if it was ok first. Fair enough I expect they were busy on the run up to Christmas but still.

Anyway Meteor bollocked DPD, I bollocked DPD and he got a bolloking from somebody as well.

I had another courier(for something different) deliver it to the local Centra and ring me to say "ah sur' its grand the centra have it". :mad:

Chancers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I have been trying to change to this plan for the past 6 weeks, hen I tried first the phone system was a disaster and I gave up after a few one hours on hold. Joined the meteor board on their site and I have been promised a callback for the past 6 weeks to make the change. as I am an existig customer out of contract I need to speak to retentions.

No call after about 6 weeks. Got my bill today and find I have gone from €15 per month to €35 permonth with €5 credit. I don't know how this happened as I never got to talk to anyone.

Trying to get it sorted since lunchtime.

email to info@meteor.ie not responded to.
    Contacted an agent via an on-line chat and he was to get the appropiate person to contact me inside 15 minutes - no call.

tried to ring after 7:00 and it took me ages to find the 1905 number, disconnected twic after a wait in the queue.

Went to the complaints section of the web page and the page is not available.

Anyway according to the forum, the agent who made the change has to ring me tomorrow as s/he is the only one in the entire company who can change my plan back.

So I am stuck on a plan I don't want costing me over double what I was paying and I can't get anyone to deal with it.

I hope the only person in the company who can sort this cout can make it into the company tomorrow.

Is this sort of thing normal.

Exact same thing with me...looking for a deposit after telling me on the phone that it was gonna change over on Monday without even getting a new simcard.

Meteor customer support is a disaster these days if you ask me. Needless to say I cancelled my order this morning and they didn't even make any effort to try and change my mind...not a happy customer!!

So are you still with meteor pay as you go or are you with a different network?

tbh, I think that Meteor are doing the best value out of all of the service providers, and unfortunately their customer service is not great.

I still waiting three days for them to switch me back to my old number!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Great offer this.........I gave my bro the heads up on it, and he rang meteor, and got signed up straight away..........€15.25 pm........vat inclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Apologies if this has already been answered. I'm with 02 and have crap coverage on my iphone. Want to get this deal. Have asked 02 to unlock my phone. My query is if when I order the sim card from Meteor do they then inform 02 that I'm switching or does this only happen when I physically put the card in? Don't want 02 to stop service and then wait a week or so for Meteor to connect me?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got a PAYG Sim from Meteor yesterday to try it in an unlocked iPhone 4. Data speed was impressive in 3 bars 3G, over 2MB/s on download and better again up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Apologies if this has already been answered. I'm with 02 and have crap coverage on my iphone. Want to get this deal. Have asked 02 to unlock my phone. My query is if when I order the sim card from Meteor do they then inform 02 that I'm switching or does this only happen when I physically put the card in? Don't want 02 to stop service and then wait a week or so for Meteor to connect me?

Your contract with Meteor starts when you get your new SIM. You then call Meteor/do it in a shop to get the porting process started. Can take anything from mins to a few hours. Once your O2 SIM ain't working it means you are ported. Pop the Meteor one into the unlocked phone and away u go.

It's worth calling O2 once you are ported to make sure your account (if you were billpay) has closed with them.

Get ready to see some messy bills though to start with. Meteor's billing system has made a dogs dinner out of billing this deal.

I am buying a iphone 2day, can I request that the shop unlocks it for me? Also, wil I have to order a new simcard to fit it? I heard that they are smaller, is there a charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I am buying a iphone 2day, can I request that the shop unlocks it for me? Also, wil I have to order a new simcard to fit it? I heard that they are smaller, is there a charge?

Generally speaking the operator should give you the unlock code for the phone. But if you got it as part of a contract with that operator, you'd probably have to clear most if not all of the contract before they'd give you the unlock code.

The SIM card is same as regular size for iPhone 3, smaller for the 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

hey guys - this really is a great deal - what's the coverage from Meteor like these days - esp down in Cork?

Advertisement