Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kaleidoscopes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Me watching episode 6:
    bunch-of-awesome-gifs-5.gif?w=1000

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well, we have all stumbled through the streets of Florence post-Crawford arse kicking.

Outside of the law, and slipping away. Marinated for your tastes, indeed.

Talk of a weaponised uterus and harvesting sperm are probably lines of the series. Had a feeling some attempt at brain soup might be on the cards. :o

Mason's also one for culinary indulgence. If stuck, maybe Peking duck with rice from his local? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I must be the dissenting voice here because I'm not enjoying this season at all. I hated the Hannibal film and this season following its storyline slightly is just as bad, for me anyway. Hannibal has become a Euro Snob and the show has lost something without having any other serial killers around. Its pity they couldn't introduce starling to the mix because the graham character has become so weak. Anyway, just my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I thought the episode was disappointing especially given the excellent episode that preceded it.

The random lesbianism.

The ending that was so jarring that it felt like they made a mistake by attaching the wrong ending to the wrong episode.

The constant aces in the hole that Hannibal seems to pull out of nowhere, only to have him bested by a randomer off screen and brought to Mason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I must be the dissenting voice here because I'm not enjoying this season at all. I hated the Hannibal film and this season following its storyline slightly is just as bad, for me anyway. Hannibal has become a Euro Snob and the show has lost something without having any other serial killers around. Its pity they couldn't introduce starling to the mix because the graham character has become so weak. Anyway, just my humble opinion.

You're not, there's about ten others posting before you who don't like it either. Hannibal was always a euro snob.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Courtesy of Comic Con, here's what's coming up, Richard Armitage.

Obviously avoid if you want to don't want to know certain other details...if you know the source material, it may be familiar. Otherwise avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI from next week, NBC are moving Hannibal (and Aquarius) to Saturday.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72332

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Courtesy of Comic Con, here's what's coming up, Richard Armitage.

Obviously avoid if you want to don't want to know certain other details...if you know the source material, it may be familiar. Otherwise avoid.

Good episode but felt last week was better, but the best part of the latest episode is the ending. Can't wait to see the next episode.

After watching that trailer I am so excited for the upcoming episodes. It will be tough to follow in Fiennes footsteps for the role but hopefully he does a good job.

I'm even more upset well not get a fourth season after watching that trailer, Mads behind bars will be interesting, can he still own the character? Can't wait to see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Dogowner55

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Good episode but felt last week was better, but the best part of the latest episode is the ending. Can't wait to see the next episode.

After watching that trailer I am so excited for the upcoming episodes. It will be tough to follow in Fiennes footsteps for the role but hopefully he does a good job.

I'm even more upset well not get a fourth season after watching that trailer, Mads behind bars will be interesting, can he still own the character? Can't wait to see!

It could still be picked up elsewhere but with netflix saying no it's unlikely. Where they going to have Graham still be in the show after this season? Also guess there is a time skip after the next episode

• Advertisement

Dogowner55 wrote: »
    It could still be picked up elsewhere but with netflix saying no it's unlikely. Where they going to have Graham still be in the show after this season? Also guess there is a time skip after the next episode

Hard to know with Graham, after Red Dragon he is only briefly mentioned a few times. Other than how good he was he is said to be a drunk now and that Hannibal cut up his face badly.

The show does things a little differently that the previous versions of Graham, so its hard to tell where his role would go after Red Dragon. It would be interesting maybe they would move to the injuries he received to his face (i imagine they werent referring to what we just saw) and his coping after it.

They had it planned out so would have been interesting but I have at this point given up hope of a revival. Mads in particular is too good of an actor to be out of work for a long period and will be snapped up which would complicate things as if he isn't free to shoot what studio would take the gamble if they have to wait a long time.

Saying that who knows...I never thought Twin Peaks would be revived :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Dogowner55

Hard to know with Graham, after Red Dragon he is only briefly mentioned a few times. Other than how good he was he is said to be a drunk now and that Hannibal cut up his face badly.

The show does things a little differently that the previous versions of Graham, so its hard to tell where his role would go after Red Dragon. It would be interesting maybe they would move to the injuries he received to his face (i imagine they werent referring to what we just saw) and his coping after it.

They had it planned out so would have been interesting but I have at this point given up hope of a revival. Mads in particular is too good of an actor to be out of work for a long period and will be snapped up which would complicate things as if he isn't free to shoot what studio would take the gamble if they have to wait a long time.

Saying that who knows...I never thought Twin Peaks would be revived :P

Yeah I was just wondering if they would replace hugh when they got to that part as he was a big part of the shows fanbase and with them having us their own OC dount steal Starling.

I hope they say what they would have done if they don't get picked up.

According to this report quoting Fuller, Amazon were keen, but it sounds things maybe were too chaotic for him. Don't read too much further down the link if you don't want to know what's coming up.
    Fuller confirmed that Netflix couldn't take on Hannibal for a fourth season because of the Amazon streaming deal, while Amazon "would like to have done it."

"[They] wanted to do it very quickly and I wanted to be able to get all the scripts in advance before we started shooting a fourth season and their desire to put it out immediately was impossible for us to do," Fuller said.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

3.07 - Absolute amazing episode. Up there with their very best.

3.07 - Absolute amazing episode. Up there with their very best.

ohh can't wait to watch tonight! The season is leading to be very good despite most peoples expectations from the opening few. That trailer for it looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

ohh can't wait to watch tonight! The season is leading to be very good despite most peoples expectations from the opening few. That trailer for it looks awesome

I'm going to watch again later when I get the chance, it's brilliant!

Yeah I could understand the criticisms levelled at the first few episodes, but there's never been any doubt in my mind that the season is going to be amazing overall, can't wait for next week already!

A superb, and somewhat nauseating, episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

OMG goys! Will just BROKE UP with Hannibal! #devastated Poor goys right off his food :(

:D

Cracking episode! Back to FBI cases next week and Will Hannibals little chats :P

Can't wait to see how Mads does portraying Hannibal behind bars (or glass)

Greetings from the business end of a rifle, from Florence to Maryland.

'He's always playing...I think we're all working through some issues'.

'I recommended that in session'

Last week was vagina-central, so we were due some penis banter. :pac:

Resurrection with a prostate cattle prod to keep things interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Cracking episode! Back to FBI cases next week and Will Hannibals little chats :P

They're diving straight into the Red Dragon storyline, which I'm very excited for. Richard Armitage is going to play Francis Dolarhyde, which should be excellent.

3.07 was terrific, and despite my criticisms over the slog that was the first few episodes, the last bunch have been a serious return to form, even though I still don't rate new Mason. Ok, enough griping, there was stuff in that ep that I wasn't even sure they'd do, but damn they did it! :D

Links234 wrote: »
    They're diving straight into the Red Dragon storyline, which I'm very excited for. Richard Armitage is going to play Francis Dolarhyde, which should be excellent.

3.07 was terrific, and despite my criticisms over the slog that was the first few episodes, the last bunch have been a serious return to form, even though I still don't rate new Mason. Ok, enough griping, there was stuff in that ep that I wasn't even sure they'd do, but damn they did it! :D

You're not alone there! But thankfully that won't be a problem anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

Like everyone else was a bit disappointed with the pacing on the first 5 episodes of this series. The last 2 have considerably picked up and while you can nitpick on the setups (crawfords capture by hannibal was particularly annoying) the end scene of 3.07 should at least mean some closure for some of the story arcs so far. Oh and the difference in HBO and NBC with times and editing is really noticeable to me? Would Hannibal be a better series if on HBO?

Which HBO show are you thinking of? I'd say it would be the same sort of tone even if it was on cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

This show has warped me to the point that I'm unfazed by a surrogate....that's a pig.

But yeah, eh....great episode. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah this show messes me up, i laughed at the pig reveal.

I really wanted to Will Graham to have a 'win' at the end- and be the one to bring in Hannibal rather than Hannibal surrender. Will is always the victim in the show.

The Red Dragon arc has stated very well indeed. Bit gutting that they won't get to do Silence of the Lambs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched half of it this morning. Richard Armitage is in seriously good shape for his age (43).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Yeah this show messes me up, i laughed at the pig reveal.

I really wanted to Will Graham to have a 'win' at the end- and be the one to bring in Hannibal rather than Hannibal surrender. Will is always the victim in the show.

Surrender to the law maybe, but no surrender to his love for Will.

I felt Hannibal still wanted some chase from Will, Will did not want that. The scene in his cabin when Will tells him he is as good as done, its like a scene from Romeo and Juliette or some other tragedy, Hannibal had that look in his eyes, " I will tell you when it is over", he changed his life direction there and then...for Will.

Loving his mind palace, really digging Hannibal in his PJ's.

Idiots who did not give a green light for S3 should be invited to dinner.

• Advertisement

It's all about the physical...

Colons on the cheap, poor colons. Did you notice the wink about 'fussy aesthetics and niche appeal'? :P Jack's re-borrowing Will's imagination. Transitioning from the Verger slaughterhouse to a family one was rather grim indeed.

Welcome back, forensic nerds! Snaggle toothed SOB.

'Hello, Dr. Lecter'...it wasn't going to end any other way.

Advertisement