Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

She didn't hide herself from CCTV. Traceability?

She is making a trail, she is ordering the same thing, every-other day?...

Yep, she is making it easy to find her imo......should need be....:eek:

As she should......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great opener. Each episode just creates so much atmosphere, it really draws you in. I remember the first time I watched Donny Darko, I was completely engrossed in the whole thing and I get the same thing with each of these episodes - time flies by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

And let the slaughter begin, 3.02's link back to 2.13 highlights Lecter's blood moustache. A life ambition for many to have one, I'm sure.

Will Graham, as I live and breathe, or just about in his case. Consulting again. And we have our Inspector Pazzi.

The body unfurling was positively disgusting. The whole episode was about presentation - blood, wounds, recovery, death, imagery, Hannibal's trickery, ceilings and art.

Adieu, Abigail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is this whole season going to be showing chunks of the last, hope we're done now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Too much imagery not enough plot or story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed, that episode was too arty. After a very strong first episode this one was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not feeling it this year. Episode 3 was pretty bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Mr E wrote: »
    Not feeling it this year. Episode 3 was pretty bad.

Something has changed with it - new writers or something? Feels very contained this season. Haven't seen 3 yet but first 2 seem meandering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Season finally clicked for me this episode, the move to Europe has allowed the mise en scene to more or less completely abandon reality and be entirely in Hannibal's element. It's an unbelievably ballsy move for network TV, definitely making no attempts whatsoever to attract new viewers and hard enough to follow overall.

The biggest issue this season for me is the time of the year it's airing. Watching Hannibal while the sun's up feels incredibly wrong to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Season finally clicked for me this episode, the move to Europe has allowed the mise en scene to more or less completely abandon reality and be entirely in Hannibal's element. It's an unbelievably ballsy move for network TV, definitely making no attempts whatsoever to attract new viewers and hard enough to follow overall.

The biggest issue this season for me is the time of the year it's airing. Watching Hannibal while the sun's up feels incredibly wrong to me.

Big time, just finished episode 3 there with the curtains closed, so so wrong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Welcome back, Jack. 'Borrowed imagination', indeed.

Lithuania bound, with therapy in the woods and Hannibal the patient. There's more than one man in a cage.

Bedelia continues her holding pattern in non-meat territory. Titanic cocktails with suit to match and why not serve an arm while you're at it?

Words of the week - technically and impulsive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Not enough Mads in 3.02 for me. Still, makes you appreciate it when he is on screen. The surgery/embalming scene was nicely gruesome. And the camera really captured the beauty of the Palazzo dei Normanni; Hannibal has good taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

How did your sister taste ?

A phrase usually only uttered in west Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

It's kinda losing me so far, I have to say, S3. The second episode was typical of some of the show's worst excesses, with overly florid dialogue, self-indulgent imagery and, frankly, very little happened! I'm not someone who needs explosions and action, and all that jazz; I enjoy dialogue-driven scenes, and good character drama. I liked the first two seasons- I'm just not terribly into this.

At one point during the most recent episode on Sky, I was struck by that bit in The Simpsons where Homer suggests that all the other characters should be talking about Poochie when he's not on screen. Seems to be the same with Hannibal in this - obviously, he's the leading man, but it's still so hard to know what to make of Graham half the time. Maybe that's the point - I don't know. Hopefully, it'll get better but, personally, I think the first two episodes have been a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It seems as though they are content with loading on the symbolism etc. Seems to be the same throughout the first three episodes. The first two seasons were not shy about it but this season seems to have taken it to the next level. Almost......annoyingly so.

Still enjoying them immensely but I kind of feel that they could have cut back on the brooding, longing close up shots and maybe condensed the first three episodes into two.
    The
    ice pick
    scene definitely got me by surprise. Mentioned it before but the constant booming background music, although it can really make a scene, is really distracting.

Saying that, still loved this episode.

NBC not doing a 4th season...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

oleras wrote: »
    NBC not doing a 4th season...:(

Ah what? FFS. :(

Though I do agree with the point made by El Diablo Blanco, this season has gone over the top in the self indulgence with very little story advancement.

I also find Graham's continuing ambiguity towards Hannibal frustrating.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Ah what? FFS. :(

Though I do agree with the point made by El Diablo Blanco, this season has gone over the top in the self indulgence with very little story advancement.

I also find Graham's continuing ambiguity towards Hannibal frustrating.

Hopefully Netflix pick it up.

CSI gets 15 years...make you wonder !

I know its all about the viewer figures=add revenue at the end of the day for the large networks, but Hannibal has enough of a fanbase to work on a smaller scale hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I stopped after the first episode of this season, but if I hear it gets a proper finale(as much as it can since it has to stay open for the other stories) I will finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thanks a lot American viewers! Stick with your CSI rather than an original, thoughtful and beautifully directed show. Ugh.

Best hope is that, thanks to the Gaumont partnership, it gets shipped elsewhere. More worrying though is that Fuller is tied up adapting the vastly underwhelming 'American Gods' so might not be pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

GOD DAMMIT!

I think I might invite some tv execs around for dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

**** bastards! (nbc that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

You'd have to have been a bit touched to think NBC would be renewing it again after it abandoned all attempts to attract new casual viewers this year. It's by far the strangest show I've seen on any of the commercial US networks (that's CBS, ABC, Fox, NBC and the CW); even with the external funding from Sony and Gaumont, it getting renewed past season one was a huge surprise.

This announcement is kind of weird compared to most cancellations, feels like it's more about Fuller revealing that he's ready to entertain suitors (if there are any) than an declaration of the show's demise. It's a lot more about NBC no longer being tied to it than the show being finished.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,387 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I suppose this proves tv panders to the lowest common denominator.
    We get a fantastically creative innovative show and they cancel ..... idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's nothing to do with viewership, it's the licensing issues with the use of the characters, particularly Claris Starling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Praying it gets picked up by someone. Would love Netflix to! They do have the previous seasons on Netflix so hopefully something happens.

It's easily one of my favourite shows on tv. I know people are complaining about the strangeness of it but that is one of the things that I love about it.

God dammit America! I'm still dealing with Flash Forward being cancelled! Someone better pick this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with viewership, it's the licensing issues with the use of the characters, particularly Claris Starling

Are you sure? I know that it has been struggling for views. They have been low. I assumed NBC didn't think it was worth the investment due to the presumably high budget and low views.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

duploelabs wrote: »

Source for this? I know they can't use Clarice but that had nothing to do with cancellation from anything I've read. It's the low ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I love the show, but I don't mind it wrapping up after three series. Better to finish on a high and leave us wanting more than suffer a gradual decline.

It also fits in with the foodie theme; a three course meal if you will.

Advertisement