Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Yeah it's up on the catch up service.

Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Great stuff!

Can't wait to get home and watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Workmate said Episode 1 of season 3 is available on Skyanytime

Didn't have the telly on this morning so can't confirm it, anyone know?

it's not i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ohhhh its back tonight... Can't wait!!!

not on sky though until the 10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

duploelabs wrote: »
    it's not i'm afraid

It is. Under "Search" and "Sky Living Catch Up"

I watched it an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

it's not i'm afraid

Definitely on sky go catch up. So should be available on the tv catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The Bizarre Instruments That Make Hannibal Sound So Creepy http://www.wired.com/2015/06/hannibal-musical-instruments/?mbid=social_twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I love how there is always some music or sound - no episode has any silent bits in it. Some of those instruments, especially the Engelhart look nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Holey moley yes.. Gillian Anderson is so fecking hot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Continuing the show's tone and aesthetic and generally being fascinating. Very much Lecter the narrator and observer. Morality doesn't exist and 'I've taken off my person suit'.

We have all whipped a book out of our jackets at a drinks reception, no doubt. And yes, my jaw did hit the floor somewhat at that line 'Is it that kind of party?' :pac: Bedelia's stomach seemed to churn at a couple of points, not surprising, really. Good to get some background on her patient, too.

Like any proper gentlemen murderer, a quick dab of a handkerchief after snapping someone's neck.

Debussy et bon soir...

Never have I heard the words "good night" in any language to appear so ominous

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

wonder will Bedelia become a victim of Hannibal or an accomplice :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Such a beautifully made show of premium cable quality.

The dialogue was smart as ever, mixing in philosophy. I doubt you'd ever see CSI do a pre-Renaissance Italian quotation stand-off.
    Line of the night was when the victim shares with Hannibal how he assumed that Hannibal also find the previous lecturer "distasteful". "On the contrary" was a retort perfectly delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

That was a strong and bold start to a season if ever I saw one.

In the run up to this I've been re-watching season one with my boyfriend (who's never seen it before), we've gotten up to episode 7 and he said last night "it's good and all, but it's a bit CSI-ish, it's just police people standing around making jokes about the criminal of the week, what's the big deal about this show?"

I must remind him of that when he's all caught up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

This is exciting news (spoilers for guest stars)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very well written and beautifully shot as usual, but narratively I thought it was scattered, disjointed and difficult to follow.

Mr E wrote: »
    Very well written and beautifully shot as usual, but narratively I thought it was scattered, disjointed and difficult to follow.

I felt they were trying to be too clever. Bit of a shambles like the wedding episode in Sherlock s3.

mafaa wrote: »
    wonder will Bedelia become a victim of Hannibal or an accomplice :pac:

I think it's fairly obvious what Hannibal intends to do with Bedelia.
    Oysters, Marsala, and Acorns

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Gawd how I missed this show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

This is exciting news (spoilers for guest stars)

He already appeared in s3 ep1.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

flavouring her :D but i am thinking will she just get slaughter for food or end up like Dr. Gideon Abel ; or will she become his accomplice & later then his victim

can't remember if there any female victim become his meals in both seasons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hedging his bets

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Is the episode on sky? I can't see it .

Is the episode on sky? I can't see it .

It was on skyanytime but gone now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

Mr E wrote: »

I have to agree with that, particularly concerning Bedelia's motivation, at times she seems his willing accomplice at others, under duress. I just don't buy her flight to Italy with Hannibal, the hold he has on her seems tenuous, is it fear, loyalty or something else?
    Still, even a flawed episode of Hannibal is better then the best that most series can produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Style over substance, was expecting more from ep. 1 but great to have it back..
    Still miles ahead of most other shows, visually stunning , and those meals, mmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Watching the first episode now and can't help but get a tiny bit frustrated at the overly long shots of champagne bubbling over, close ups of snails etc. It was a hallmark of the previous seasons but I think they're possibly overdoing it.
    The musical score was possibly overly strong/frequent this time around too. In previous seasons music would be something that set a tone, making the macabre even more macbre, ratcheting up the tension etc. There's very little of this episode that doesn't have some music playing in the background.

Quite disjointed overall but still really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Confusing but really lovely visually - I could feel for Bedelia....the shakes...... :(

I think it's a great start....The scenery is stunning, the atmosphere electric...

What a great start...Eddie, you have to say, is stunning, how sublime was that segment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

She didn't hide herself from CCTV. Traceability?

Advertisement