Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat on a lead.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    That would be Pinky. Apparently, he was pet of the week.

^This. You can't put a cat on a lead. It just doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

our cat would have your face off in a second if you tried that sh*t on him... he is his own man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tom cats can be tough alpha male ****ers. Mmmm... if I were a cat... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Slightly off topic, OP are you actually a biscuit, just wondering how you managed to type on the keyboard. I understand gingerbread men have hands but no actual fingers, so how come a circular biscuit with a jam filling can type.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

cocoshovel wrote: »
    The guinea pig one is quite normal actually. I wouldn't be too surprised seeing that. People sometimes do the same with Rabbits, but a cat on a lead is a bit strange alright.

It's not normal in rural Co. Limerick let me assure you........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Cat on a Lead? No

Snakes on a Plane? Yes. I thought it was okay

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Slightly off topic, OP are you actually a biscuit, just wondering how you managed to type on the keyboard. I understand gingerbread men have hands but no actual fingers, so how come a circular biscuit with a jam filling can type.

I will have to dodge such as a question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I once saw a dog on a lead before, twas funny sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some cats can indeed be taken for walks on a lead but it's all down to the temperament of the cat in question. It's rare that it happens but it does indeed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Not at all, they are slimey bástards. I wanted a lead for my hamster, would of enjoyed the looks everytime we hit the town.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had my cat on a lead in my back garden after I had moved house so he wouldn't try and escape back off to our old house and get lost.

Walking a cat on a lead- strange.
    Walking a ferret on a lead- I want to see that..
    Walking a loaf on a lead- I want to eat that..*

*provided it's wrapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

would of HAVE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tries a lead on my cat before,

It just acted as an immobiliser, so it does actually have a use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

FFS, what kind of sheltered, suburban lives do some of you inhabit??! I have honestly witnessed not simply house pets on leads/leashes but offspring of the lord and lady of the manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

When I lived in London and got a kitten, I used to walk her on a harness lead from day one for lots of reasons, amongst them was that she got to know the area before going out on her own and I could keep her away from other cats before she was fully vaccinated and yet she got her quota of fresh air. It was also handy when we'd go home to Ireland for Christmas because it meant she could get out and about a bit. We'd get strange looks but most people thought it was a reasonable idea. She was always a hit with kids on the ferry who'd nearly pay me to walk her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

A cat on a lead is strange but what is bonkers is those freaks that put their dogs into prams

The larger pet stores here sell them specially desgned ones for dogs !!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Great craic I thought it would be,
    To tease the daft dog with glee,
    By walking the cat,
    With a lead and all that,
    But the fat lump just sat there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

When I lived in London and got a kitten, I used to walk her on a harness lead from day one for lots of reasons, amongst them was that she got to know the area before going out on her own and I could keep her away from other cats before she was fully vaccinated and yet she got her quota of fresh air. It was also handy when we'd go home to Ireland for Christmas because it meant she could get out and about a bit. We'd get strange looks but most people thought it was a reasonable idea. She was always a hit with kids on the ferry who'd nearly pay me to walk her.
    Feck, that is so cute! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

Yep in Latvia !
    It is normal for them

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Somebody needs to bring this on Dragons Den for the craic:D

turtle_leash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭stupidfishy

My cat is deaf (apparently very common in white cats) and she's indoors full time under the advice of the vet who basically said she'd have fook all chance of survival outside, so I walk her on a leash around the garden.

Nearly lost an eye the first time I put the harness on her but she enjoys getting out and about now.

Still refuses to wear a top hat and monocle though..rebellious betch

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Had to get a harness and lead for my cat when we 1st moved country. She was a bit weirded out by it but didn't mind it after a while.
    We have a dog also and the cat loves him. So she knew that his lead meant him going outside away from her so we started taking her for walks too.
    Now she doesn't use the lead but simply walks around with us. Doesn't get spooked by anything and generally doesn't stray off.
    People do think it's funny when they see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    That would be Pinky. Apparently, he was pet of the week.

he will win a darwin one day, there is promise there to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Captain Limerick

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Great craic I thought it would be,
    To tease the daft dog with glee,
    By walking the cat,
    With a lead and all that,
    But the fat lump just sat there for me.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I've often seen cats on leads in various Continental countries. People who live in high-rise buildings take them out to the the lawns in courtyards or to parks. They don't walk very well like a dog, but sniff around in the grass, which they also sometimes eat. The reason they are on leads is that they might get spooked if a dog approached and run away or up a tree.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A cat on a lead. If a cat was on a lead in my area it would make easy pickings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Ah man...that video!

That's some funny sh*t right there dude..oh ya! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

rubadub wrote: »
    The neighbour used to have one on a lead out the back, it was meant to be so he wouldn't get lost in gardens, he was old & very slow and also meant to be very expensive so was also at risk from pet thieves if he strayed.
    take it are not from cork? haha,got a aunt there who keeps a cat tethered out the back on a huge lead for the same reason.

over here,there are certain 'hot spots',eg estates which any cat is at risk from thieves,regardless of whether they are pedigree or a stray diluted breed tom with more fleas than sense.
    though unfortunately they arent stolen to be kept as pets they are used as live bait to train fighting dogs and dogs kept by gangs.

also,some people put cats on leads as a alternative to using travel boxes when taking them places like the vets,as some cats can be very claustraphobic.

Advertisement