Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat on a lead.....

Options
  • 06-11-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Have you ever seen someone with a cat on a lead before? I did, thought it was strange. eh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I did. It was on youtube and the guy got
    scratched to hell when the cat got upset
    because it could not get away.

Summary: It's a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Not as strange as seeing a human on a lead. Being walked by a cat.

That was a colourful day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

On a hot tin roof - yes.
    In a hat - yes.
    Melodian - yes.

On a lead? Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

My neighbours who have their cat on a lead and taking it for walks are foreign so maybe its a thing in their country?

My wife saw them taking it for a walk and said that when walked past the cat got spooked and ran but was getting choked on the lead. She said leads are just not designed for cats, there is no need for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Not a cat, but a (foreign) woman that lives near me often walks her two guinea pigs around the local park on leads. Thats a bit fucking nutty if you ask me.......

• Advertisement

Not a cat, but a (foreign) woman that lives near me often walks her two guinea pigs around the local park on leads. Thats a bit fucking nutty if you ask me.......

Guinea pigs on a lead? this thread just gets better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Saw a woman with a cat on a lead near the Grand canal one day in Portobello.

I thought the woman was a complete idiot. You can't put a cat on a lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Saw a woman with a cat on a lead near the Grand canal one day in Portobello.

I thought the woman was a complete idiot. You can't put a cat on a lead.
    You can, you just said yourself you seen it in Portobello ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The neighbour used to have one on a lead out the back, it was meant to be so he wouldn't get lost in gardens, he was old & very slow and also meant to be very expensive so was also at risk from pet thieves if he strayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I used to tease the dog by putting a lead on the cat and saying the cats name and 'walkies'. The dog used to go mental barking and was mad jealous. If only she understood we really weren't going anywhere because the cat would lie there like a lump. T'was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

seen a woman walking a ferret on a lead in north dublin.looked like she was dragging a scarf on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

My neighbours who have their cat on a lead and taking it for walks are foreign so maybe its a thing in their country?

My wife saw them taking it for a walk and said that when walked past the cat got spooked and ran but was getting choked on the lead. She said leads are just not designed for cats, there is no need for them.

What about leads that actually are specifically designed for cats?? Dogs don't like leads either when they are first put on them but they adjust. Not that I would try my cat on a lead because I would probably come out of it missing an eye and several fingers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seen a punk dude in Glasgow in the 1980s with a loaf of bread on a lead, was like WTF!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    On a hot tin roof - yes.
    In a hat - yes.
    Melodian - yes.

On a lead? Never.
    Stevens?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I saw a quite a few people in France with their cat on a lead. One man had a cat on his shoulder, which was wearing a lead too. They seem to bring their pets to town a lot though, maybe that's why?

If I ever tried to put a lead on my cat he'd kill me. He's traumatised enough already from his Halloween costume :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I don't think you can actually walk a cat on a lead, but maybe if you were carrying the cat somewhere it would stop it from running off and getting lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My sis has a cat and whenever she moves, she takes it for a walk on a lead for a few times so he can get to know the local area and find his bearings. Seems sensible enough. He goes nuts when she puts it on him, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I know a few women who have their hubbies on leads. And some are quite short.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    On a hot tin roof - yes.
    In a hat - yes.
    Melodian - yes.

On a lead? Never.
    Stevens?
    Mandu?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Have you ever seen someone with a cat on a lead before? I did, thought it was strange. eh
    seen a woman walking a ferret on a lead in north dublin.looked like she was dragging a scarf on the ground
    Seen a punk dude in Glasgow in the 1980s with a loaf of bread on a lead, was like WTF!

Tears. Actual tears of laughter.

Naomi00 wrote: »
    I don't think you can actually walk a cat on a lead, but maybe if you were carrying the cat somewhere it would stop it from running off and getting lost?

No this one was actually walking her cat on a lead like a doggie.

Not just that, but how I first discovered her was looking out my kitchen window only to see her with her cat on the lead, in the centre of my lawn and it taking a dump on the lawn. When she saw me she got embarrassed but hey...remained where she was and let her cat continue his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

is she south american? Could be the xmas dinner shes exercising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The guinea pig one is quite normal actually. I wouldn't be too surprised seeing that. People sometimes do the same with Rabbits, but a cat on a lead is a bit strange alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Never seen a cat on a lead.

I've seen some lazy-ass dog owners who make the dog carry the lead themselves in their mouth. They don't even hook the lead to the dog's collar....WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Use to bring my cat out into the park with a harness, little fella was mad to go after the squirrels. :) Aside from that, more babies on leads than animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Only slutty kitty at Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Guy down the road has an old cat and brings him/she off for walks :confused:
    except the lead is more like a harness lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,171 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I did. It was on youtube and the guy got
    scratched to hell when the cat got upset
    because it could not get away.

Summary: It's a bad idea.

That would be Pinky. Apparently, he was pet of the week.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I love cats but an angry cat can be one hell of a funny sight. :)

Advertisement