Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat on a lead.....

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you need special leads for cats as they will choke if you use dog leads.

even if they get used to them they will still try to escape any chance they get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

When we got our cat, we got a cat harness and lead as a present from someone!!! We put it on her one day for the laugh. She did not like it!

She used to come for walks anyway and stay by our side the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There's a lot about this kind of thing in the book "The Tomcat's Revenge" by Claude Bolls.:):):)

OK, I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My gf kept a cat in our college flat. As we were on the 3rd floor it never got out much. The one time I did let it out on the balcony it fell off but survived without any harm done and my gf was none the wiser about it.:D
    She tried the lead but found it useless. In the end we started bringing him to the park a couple of evenings a week and let him run around while keeping an eye on him. He was quite obedient and always came back when you called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A mate of mine used to walk his ferret. He made him a little harness. He said he got some very strange reactions from people when he was out and about, once a lady asked him what type of cat his ferret was and what had happened to his back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I sometimes see this bloke in east London who wears/carries this giant ginger cat around his neck like a scarf, the cat doesn't see to bothered it just hangs there looking around. I wonder what anti fur trade people would make of this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

We take our cat for walks. If we go away for the weekend to stay in a holiday home or with my in-laws the cat comes too. We let him out in the garden and keep an eye on him, like deftlefthand said, he's pretty obedient, he doesn't run off and comes when he's called (mostly). Sometimes, if I'm not comfortable that it's a safe place to let him out for a run I walk him on his lead (well, it's a special cat harness thing - it's not safe to use a normal lead on a collar, they'll choke themselves) instead if so he can get some fresh air and do his business.

To be fair, you don't take a cat for a walk, they take you for a walk - you have to follow them around where they want to go.

We even took him to the Botanic Gardens one day because he wasn't allowed outside by himself following surgery. He was climbing trees with us and everyhing. We got some great photos and lots of people stopped to talk to us about it. He's a pretty awesome cat :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Saw a woman with a cat on a lead near the Grand canal one day in Portobello.

I thought the woman was a complete idiot. You can't put a cat on a lead.

+1...cats are not breed that way, besides you'll look like a tool. Imo it's cruel to even do it, cats HATE having things around there necks....even collars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

My gf kept a cat in our college flat. As we were on the 3rd floor it never got out much. The one time I did let it out on the balcony it fell off but survived without any harm done and my gf was none the wiser about it.:D
    She tried the lead but found it useless. In the end we started bringing him to the park a couple of evenings a week and let him run around while keeping an eye on him. He was quite obedient and always came back when you called.[/QUOTE

Cats are amazing like that, my cats used to fall all the time and never had any damage done, they be on a wall and just slip....not a problem for them.

Advertisement