Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

The longer O2 are keeping me on hold right no the less happy I am getting

Just be happy you're not with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm alive and kicking and have things to look foreward to so yeah,I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

I'm desperately unhappy.

But that's all good, I'm happy with that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i sure am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm happy, in general.

I have a good job which I'm doing well at. I have no financial troubles, which I'm endlessly grateful for, considering the times we're in. I have some great friends.

I'd like to have a girlfriend and a better social life but those are things I am somewhat in control of so I can't complain at the moment.

financially ok..you say ? and no girlfriend ....mrs Mattjack is small , blonde and has good sized fun bags ...if you,re interested in hiring her out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm very happy. I'm probably the most content I've ever been in my life right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

The state of happiness is not something I'm consistently feeling every minute of the day no. If its normal to feel this way then I guess I'm not normal.

Not depressed or anything just not in a constant state of happiness - always been this way.

Of course I can be in great moods - excited etc. This is different to being always happy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

du Maurier wrote: »
    Just be happy you're not with 3.

Actually as planning to change to them - are you telling me is bad idea ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Latchy wrote: »
    I'm alive and kicking and have things to look foreward to so yeah,I'm happy.

That's the key.
    Looking forward to doing things can bring a good degree of happiness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm gonna be happier in about 10 minutes *sparks a fatty*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

In between but happy most of the time but things happen that be enough to make me unhappy. I'd be happy in general but if someone or something upsets me that could make me unhappy until I get over it and something cheers me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

LoopyL wrote: »
    I should be happy because i am ment to be going to thailand for 3 months next week but im not....because my boyfriend who i am ment to be going with yesterday said he wants nothing to do with me anymore and we are not going anywhere together so now i dont know what to do :(

From a woman who's been there done that, travelling alone and single is the greatest thing I've EVER done. Serious fun to be had...if ye get me ;) wink wink Had my heart broken 6 months previous to that and booked it as a kind of a "Fluck you ex!" and had a ball! You'll meet loads of people, you'll have great fun and you'll be too busy to think about him and you'll get him well and truely out of your system...and you've no idea who'll meet or what will happen. If you have the money girl, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yes, now I am. And generally am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

LoopyL wrote: »
    I should be happy because i am ment to be going to thailand for 3 months next week but im not....because my boyfriend who i am ment to be going with yesterday said he wants nothing to do with me anymore and we are not going anywhere together so now i dont know what to do :(

As the others here have said, you go. Put that fucker out of your head, and enjoy yourself :)
    TheZohan wrote: »
    I'm a happy person but someone is doing their best to try and piss me off!
    mackg wrote: »
    At least you see that's what they are trying to do, once you cop on to it it's a lot harder for them.

^ On the nose mack. Once you know this much, you can in fact use this as a tool in your favour ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Kasabian wrote: »
    That's the key.
    Looking forward to doing things can bring a good degree of happiness.
    Also ...when you hear of some tragedy and disaster like that terrible pile up on the English motorway last night were lifes were snapped out in an instance and people have lost limbs ,it put things into perspective about how precious life is so we must strive in the here and now, to be happy or content ,as much as possible .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yakult wrote: »
    I'm gonna be happier in about 10 minutes *sparks a fatty*

Electrocuting obese people makes you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Really content and miserable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

stovelid wrote: »
    Electrocuting obese people makes you happy?

Maybe..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

longshanks wrote: »
    You should go anyway, three months in paradise will soon have you forgetting that prick

Thailand is not paradise, it isnt as good as everyone says, and some of the locals I met over there defo dont think its paradise.

And also, how is this guy a prick? How do you know? for all we know, the woman could be a c***, not saying she is, but we dont know the full story. But as per usual the woman gets the sympathy.

And obviously to answer the op question, i am not happy, and im a woman hater!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, very much. I'm lucky but don't take it for granted.

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »
    Thailand is not paradise, it isnt as good as everyone says, and some of the locals I met over there defo dont think its paradise.

And also, how is this guy a prick? How do you know? for all we know, the woman could be a c***, not saying she is, but we dont know the full story. But as per usual the woman gets the sympathy.

Well I've heard it's fantastic. Each to their own.

Everyone takes the side of the version of the story they've heard regardless of gender. Women DON'T get the sympathy every time. That's a load of bollocks anyway. It's irrelevent anyway. The relationship has ended and she's unhappy and travelling could be the best thing for her.

Talk about kicking someone when they're down. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Good points. There is also slight problem with dampness over there at the moment I hear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I'm a happy person generally. Like anyone I have my off moments but im mostly content or happy.

I don't have health but I have a great family, things I love to do, a job of sorts, good friends, I've weeded out the nutters, got my pets, find happiness in the smallest things. Find light where others only see darkness. And to my surprise met someone.

And I'm off to my long saved for trip to central America in a week- woohoo, roadtrip.

Life is too precious to spend it in a rut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

He's a prick because he dumped her only a week before they were meant to go travelling together for three months. The non-prick thing to do would have been to end the relationship a lot earlier so she had time to get over it and possibly find someone else to go travelling with.

And to answer the question in the OP, no I'm not particularly happy. I'm unemployed, socially isolated and have been on anti-depressants for nearly two years. Life's just a barrel of laughs.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No definitely not happy.doing much better than before,thanks to my meds. Things used to bother me a lot,but now dont bother me at all. It's such a weight lifted to not let bitchy people and stupid things get to you. Plus I now have quite a decent circle of friends,never had that before.the people I spend my time talking to are good for me,and it makes things easier to know you have a number of people around you that genuinely care.

I'm content in ways,which is the best i've ever been really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Well I've heard it's fantastic. Each to their own.

Everyone takes the side of the version of the story they've heard regardless of gender. Women DON'T get the sympathy every time. That's a load of bollocks anyway. It's irrelevent anyway. The relationship has ended and she's unhappy and travelling could be the best thing for her.

Talk about kicking someone when they're down. :rolleyes:

I wasnt kicking the woman in question when she was down, I was giving out about the poster on boards that called the man a prick, thats all. Sure if the woman who is broken hearted said he was a prick, then she has a right to. But people slagging men/women when they dont know the man or woman involved, and dont know the full story, other than a one sentence, that he broke up before they were to go away.

And to captain graphite, how do you know there wasnt a good reason to break up a week before they were going. Maybe there wasnt, maybe he is a prick but i was just questioning why the poster called him a prick when we dont know the story and then gets loads of thanks???

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Happiness is cause and effect, Found 20 euros this morning:D
    Than in the afternoon my dog ripped apart his bed:mad:
    But I can say, that I am comfortable in my own skin:)

I wasnt kicking the woman in question when she was down, I was giving out about the poster on boards that called the man a prick, thats all. Sure if the woman who is broken hearted said he was a prick, then she has a right to. But people slagging men/women when they dont know the man or woman involved, and dont know the full story, other than a one sentence, that he broke up before they were to go away.

Okay fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Happy enough ATM, Sunday dinner nearly ready, match on the box and some 5 a side later :)

Advertisement