Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Straight forward question (I think)

Are you happy?
    (In general)

Are you happy? 195 votes

I am happy (in general)
    0% 0 votes
    I go from happy to unhappy and back again quite a lot
    33% 66 votes
    I am neither happy, nor unhappy (a kind of in between feeling)
    23% 46 votes
    I am unhappy (in general)
    22% 44 votes
    Happiness is warm Atari Jaguar
    20% 39 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I am now that this thread exists :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

*claps hands*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Ecstatic!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty much, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Could be worse, there again it could be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

depends what day it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

well ya see.....hmm...the thing is.....ehhh yeah thats it isn't it. eh....yeah ok, yes i agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

as a pig in shit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I am happy today.
    Thank you for asking. People generally don't ask about my welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Happy and content are two different things though. Happiness is fleeting. I'm happy right now because I'd a great night and morning with my man and I'm in love (barf!)! I could be in a right grump in about an hour though..

I'd say I'm fairly content overall although there's massive room for change.

My unhappiness is also fleeting and always circumstantial (thank goodness). I'd say I get in a self-pitying grump more than anything else and I'm better at snapping myself out of it as I get older...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

I will be when my Mrs comes back with a sandwich and packet of king for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

I should be happy because i am ment to be going to thailand for 3 months next week but im not....because my boyfriend who i am ment to be going with yesterday said he wants nothing to do with me anymore and we are not going anywhere together so now i dont know what to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm a happy person but someone is doing their best to try and piss me off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Alzy wrote: »
    I will be when my Mrs comes back with a sandwich and packet of king for me :)

She'll be awhile, she's in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm happy, in general.

I have a good job which I'm doing well at. I have no financial troubles, which I'm endlessly grateful for, considering the times we're in. I have some great friends.

I'd like to have a girlfriend and a better social life but those are things I am somewhat in control of so I can't complain at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Content and fully aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'm a happy person but someone is doing their best to try and piss me off!

At least you see that's what they are trying to do, once you cop on to it it's a lot harder for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

Kasabian wrote: »
    She'll be awhile, she's in the shower.

just make sure my sanger don't get soggy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

LoopyL wrote: »
    I should be happy because i am ment to be going to thailand for 3 months next week but im not....because my boyfriend who i am ment to be going with yesterday said he wants nothing to do with me anymore and we are not going anywhere together so now i dont know what to do :(

You should go anyway, three months in paradise will soon have you forgetting that prick

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Just had food so I'm quite happy at the moment :D And in general, I'd say I'm a happy guy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The longer O2 are keeping me on hold right no the less happy I am getting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Im actually pretty damn happy at the moment amazingly. No sarcasam, yeah ive been fairly happy for a while.

Knowing my luck i'l get knocked down by a car, have a heart attack & get hit by lightning the minute i walk out of the house in a while. All because i admitted im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

why do polls always have atari jaguar as an option? what is it, i googled it up and nothing came up:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

No i'm not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Happy enough!!!

Family all in good health, roof over our heads, not starving or living in desperate poverty, kids almost reared, coming to the end of my degree with a job more or less lined up for next year:)

Could be worse, a lot worse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Yeah, I'm happy. Some problems in my personal life, and career needs to get back on track. But overall, well I can't complain. Life could be a lot worse I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm happy right now because I dont have to go to work and I'm going for pints later. Tomorrow I'll be cranky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spastically so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

kfallon wrote: »
    as a pig in shit :D

Larry: As happy as....? Hint: My name...

*Oh how I laughed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A lot of **** has gone down lately that has made me put this "happiness" thing into perspective. Life is too short not to do what makes you happy. Happiness can be an elusive bastard, but if you can manage contented then I think you're doing well.

Advertisement