Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you listen to Irish Original music or prefer cover bands?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Back to the original topic, the trendy thread reminded me of the 2fm beat on the street as godawful as it was. What would ye think of a new (credible) beat on the street wth new Irish acts that plays at things like the Rose of Tralee with a set line up of artists. Would get good exposure for new bands and a fairly well established name to headline, the only thing is this still falls into the category of a piss up with a band there we mentioned earlier, then again if I had a fool proof method of getting bands record deals I wouldn't be posting here would I. :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

mackg wrote: »
    Back to the original topic, the trendy thread reminded me of the 2fm beat on the street as godawful as it was. What would ye think of a new (credible) beat on the street wth new Irish acts that plays at things like the Rose of Tralee with a set line up of artists. Would get good exposure for new bands and a fairly well established name to headline, the only thing is this still falls into the category of a piss up with a band there we mentioned earlier, then again if I had a fool proof method of getting bands record deals I wouldn't be posting here would I. :(:pac:

Me neither:pac:

I think any idea is a good idea for promotion of original bands. I still think a national Radio Station geared at Original Artists only 24/7 split into different genres is a good way of doing this. One can only dream I suppose. :)

Advertisement