Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you decorate your cubicle?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

kfallon wrote: »
    My desk is spotless, nothing on it only a phone, keyboard, monitor, little stationery holder, loose change in a plastic cup and that's it!

Only decorating I have done is change my desktop background to "King Kieren" *loveblush* :pac:
    i hate when people are too clean it's allways nice too see some decoration's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Thought this thread was gonnna be about doing graffiti in toilet cubicles while dumping.

hondasam wrote: »
    I like a clean tidy work space, no clutter and definitely no pics.
    Family pics at work is just sad, you have kids, great get over it.
    boring:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

boring:(:(:(

No not at all, just neat and tidy.

Archeron wrote: »
    Mine is blank and grey as an Irish winter sky, because we arent allowed to have that sort of stuff. We're not even allowed change our screen savers.

I do however enjoy decorating other peoples cublicles. Just little things like writing "BOOBS!" in 14 inch high letters with black permanent markers on their monitors.
    sh1t where are you working in gestapo headquarters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Only when I stand up too fast or if I don't quite make it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Ive no pics but I do have personal stuff, like nail polish etc to defeat boredom.
    We're not alowwed read books or magazines due to data protection.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

:D
    I've got a few bits and bobs: a calendar, a tiger cub getting hugged by a baby orang utan, little bits and pieces the gf has given me, and some stickers from bananas I've eaten, let's see we got Chiquita, Del-Monte, BananCo, Gorilla's Choice

Id say you are hard working guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

jesus i was nine yrs in the army and you have more ordenence around your desk then i ever seen when i was serving in finner cmp donegal are you planing starting a war ill give give ya a hand shhhhhhhhhh

I used to have some inert collectors shells displayed at my desk.
    Had 30mm shells from an A10-Warthog plane, 40mm AA shells and various others until some American visitor got alarmed! and gave me a lecture about if I worked in the USA I could be fired if someone saw them and got offended or scared! (and this was going from someone who was in the National Guard)

I had a video up last year on boards of my cubicle after a few people asked me to show em what it looked like but again.....some dry balls in work found out and recommended I take it down in case I got in trouble with some anal ****wits that might not take to kindly to it.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I like to keep my private life separate to my work life so I don't display photographs in my office. I have absolutely no objection to anyone else displaying them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

No problem with people decorating their workspace. But those ****bags with the inspirational wallpapers and crap like that are digusting/pitiful/losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Odelay

I don't decorate my workspace, just a desk piled high with crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Odelay wrote: »
    I don't decorate my workspace, just a desk piled high with crap

You should probably use the other cubicle for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I don't have a job, never mind a cubicle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

hondasam wrote: »
    I like a clean tidy work space, no clutter and definitely no pics.
    Family pics at work is just sad, you have kids, great get over it.

I have a pic of my kids, it reminds me that I can't strangle my boss.

I also have a chess board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jerri Jordan

we are not allowed decorate our cubicles in any way. we have adopted the Japenese 5s appraoch in the office. everything has to be black from the computer phone and partitions down to the stapler and paper punchers. No photos allowed. No coats on back of chair allowed. No crimbo decorations. Its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

theres an aul one in my office with a picture of brad pitt and george clooney in her cubicle........durrrrtttyyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

we are not allowed decorate our cubicles in any way. we have adopted the Japenese 5s appraoch in the office. everything has to be black from the computer phone and partitions down to the stapler and paper punchers. No photos allowed. No coats on back of chair allowed. No crimbo decorations. Its crap.

Jaysus thats bad. I wouldnt work like that, it must be like being a battery chicken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jerri Jordan

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Jaysus thats bad. I wouldnt work like that, it must be like being a battery chicken?
    Its awful. and all the sheep in here follow along with managements wishes. I have complained on a few occasions . I had a mini standoff regarding removing my one photo of my daughter. Lasted 2 months before i was quitely told its the picture or disciplinary action. so i became a reluctant sheep too

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

I get why people would want to decorate their cubicle.

You would generally spend a fair chunk of time there so wanting it to look good is fair enough.

I couldn't be arsed though. I have one picture up in mine and that's more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't work at that kind of desk, but if I did, yeah I'd put a small few things there but very little. Not those quirky slogans though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

A few photos I took & postcards from far off places, that's about it in terms of personal stuff. The real stash is in the third drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Da_Doc

Just a copy of the poem Desiderata by Max Ehrmann on the wall, cant help but feeling a bit more calm after reading it. I have few photos in my drawer of gf and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Surely if theres anything on earth that should be blasted with piss it should be a cubicle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Dont have that style office, but to be honest the decorating the office thing kinda bugs me. My old boss had calandars with inane and never work related appointments on it (dentist/pt meeting/parents association nights etc). There were tweety bird stickers on her computer and a bugs bunny teddy on her desk, aswell as wedding photos of her and hubby plus countless ones of her kids all over the office. I did a fair bit of work in that space aswell and it used to drive me around the bend-grow up ffs.

Keep the pics and stuff in a wallet or if you really need to, carry a photo album in your handbag, just dont force your family life down everyone elses throat. Its just really unprofessional imo.

The odd photo in a drawer or motivational picture/piece of art/relaxing scenic photo is different-fair enough give your cubicle its own stamp,but not a deep insight into your personal life plastered all over your desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

cluttered desk = cluttered mind....i worked in a company 2 years ago and all the people had pictures of their little 'Oísin' and 'Roisin' so as they struggled on hating their 9-5 job they remembered they got to do it for Oísin and Roisin..who wants to look at that crap. keep a pic on your fone FFS..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I don't have any real decoration, although have a couple of personal effects like perfume and hand cream.
    have a small mountain of shoes under my desk too :)

I was visiting another large office in the IFSC during the week, it's a global company and I'd assumed they were uber professional. The manager of the dept I was in had every spare INCH of her office utterly plastered in either pics of her kids or their "artwork". FFS......

Advertisement