Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you decorate your cubicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Btw I only clicked into this thread cos I thought it'd be about destroying the jax in work, I was so disappointed :(

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I've a plastic bath duck....he was here before I was so I let him stay. Other than that I've nothing other than the usual clutter - earphones, pens, postits, highlighters, stampers, calculators and charts. And paper. Forests of paper that I never seem to get through....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Jaxxy wrote: »
    No, couldn't be bothered, think it looks ridiculous. Nobody wants to look at pictures of your kids.

Somebody might

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's best to have a minimalist approach to decorating your patch, because you won't have time to call a removal company if you get the sack.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have random things up on the wall. Various IT things such as a chart for diagnosing network problems, a picture my car outside Father Teds house, a ticket for RATM in London, a ticket for London Dungeon and other useless stuff but there are no personal pictures up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Mine is blank and grey as an Irish winter sky, because we arent allowed to have that sort of stuff. We're not even allowed change our screen savers.

I do however enjoy decorating other peoples cublicles. Just little things like writing "BOOBS!" in 14 inch high letters with black permanent markers on their monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Various work awards (to remind me of how long i have worked there.:D) but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Various work awards (to remind me of how long i have worked there.:D) but that's it.

You must love the job when you use your decorations to remind yourself of the job! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

No room. I've 2 desktops, 2 LCD screens, 2 mice+keyboards, a large phone, and my laptop.

We have an entire row of desks which hold all our local reporting & test (desktop-style) servers etc, but we ran out of power outlets, so we've started putting the servers on our own desks. I've a Domino server and a Glassfish server sitting on front of me even though I never actually use them.

Kinda shocking that a company that makes billions in profit each year can't afford a bigger building with more storage spaces for servers/test machines.

I do have a small rubber rugby ball though. I keep that for when I need to get a colleagues attention and they have earphones on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I worked for a company that was part of a group that considered itself young, funky and cool (named after people who have never had sex).

We were encouraged to have photos of our kids up to make the place look cool. In reality they encouraged you to do that as they expected you to work 50 hour weeks and photos would be all you ever saw of your family.

Shower of bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

IrishZeus wrote: »
    You must love the job when you use your decorations to remind yourself of the job! :eek:

When I worked in an office, I preferred to decorate my home with stuff from the office, like boxes of stationery, pens, tippex, and anything else that looked "decorative". I now work from home and am eternally grateful for the start that my old employers gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pfffffft, I have a big swanky office, with rooftop terrace views and fine, expensive paintings... decorate my cubicle, good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Every job I've had that gave me a cubicle also seemed to move me around every 3-6 months. I quickly decided it was easier to leave my cube empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't have a cubicle but I used to have a paper cut out of Keith Barry on my till that I put paper clothes on and would change on a regular basis.

My favourite was rainy day Keith.

I don't have a cubicle. I have a bench and a biological safety cabinet. And a 'write-up' area. No personal belongings allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I thwart my ma's victorian ornaments with miniature injuns, totem poles n the like

big chief presides over the bog, with a big spear cos I have no plunger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

bullets wrote: »
    See people who never even have so much as a photo hanging up until they
    get married or have kids then all of a sudden theres framed photos in the cubicles :rolleyes: as if they dont remember what the Mrs or Kiddie looks like after being away from them for less than a day.

I've a self confessed Cubicle decorator and look like King Nerd inside in work.
    Its not as bad as it used to be as I recently moved cubicles so a lot of stuff is
    still in cardboard boxes.

I've shooting trophies, a Hand Grenade (inert), Spent smoke grenade and flare cartridge,
    Miniature model guns,
    a Predator Sculpture made from nuts and bolts wielded together,
    I've about 100 25mm Lord of the rings models all hand painted (like the warhammer rubbish) on my cubicle shelf, I've some model castle tower and bridge made from Dental Plaster, a vibration driver unit to turn any surface into a speaker, DVD box sets of old retro stuff like Buck Rogers and Battle star galactica, Books on guns, and dueling with swords, printouts of artwork, photos from my goth days, photos of shooting days out, used to have targets up where I had shot well, fencing photo and airsoft photo, the mandatory argos catalog sits proud on the top shelf, PC, Linux Box, 3 screens an Ipad and sometimes an 18.4inch Laptop, I've a 40mm Anti-Aircraft ammo box down by my feet, Robotech/Macross model, had a
    load of wooden and metal puzzles as well as 2 Rubix Cubes and Rubix magic, spare paint for the models in the drawer, a squash racket, some old media such as reel to reel tapes, 8" floppies, old magneto/optical discs etc,
    a few spare pairs of socks and jeans in case I get wet cycling to work.

~B

A lot of ammo and machine gun/militaria bits and bobs there. Do your coworkers maintain a respectful distance?

I don't have a cubicle, I have a desk. No decorations, other than a doodle on a post-it that scarcely lasts a day stuck to my computer monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I drew a picture of my desk last week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I did have a cuddly thing alright only on view once in a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

we have cubicle style dividers but they're pretty low, so you can easily see everyone around you

anyway no, no photos or decorations or any of that rubbish for me

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

I have my own swingline stapler. It doesn't bind up as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

get married or have kids then all of a sudden theres framed photos in the cubicles :rolleyes: as if they dont remember what the Mrs or Kiddie looks like after being away from them for less than a day.

Its not as bad as it used to be as I recently moved cubicles so a lot of stuff is

I've shooting trophies, a Hand Grenade (inert), Spent smoke grenade and flare cartridge,
    Miniature model guns,
    I've about 100 25mm Lord of the rings models all hand painted (like the warhammer rubbish) on my cubicle shelf, I've some model castle tower and bridge made from Dental Plaster, a vibration driver unit to turn any surface into a speaker, DVD box sets of old retro stuff like Buck Rogers and Battle star galactica, Books on guns, and dueling with swords, printouts of artwork, photos from my goth days, photos of shooting days out, used to have targets up where I had shot well, fencing photo and airsoft photo, the mandatory argos catalog sits proud on the top shelf, PC, Linux Box, 3 screens an Ipad and sometimes an 18.4inch Laptop, I've a 40mm Anti-Aircraft ammo box down by my feet, Robotech/Macross model, had a
    load of wooden and metal puzzles as well as 2 Rubix Cubes and Rubix magic, spare paint for the models in the drawer, a squash racket, some old media such as reel to reel tapes, 8" floppies, old magneto/optical discs etc,

~B
    Where the F#CK do you work??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Johro wrote: »
    Where the F#CK do you work??

Department of Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I have my own swingline stapler. It doesn't bind up as much.
    F#ckin A. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

~B

Fair play bullets, first name that popped into my head when I saw the thread title - but have to say, decorating your cube with socks is a new departure, even for you - hope they're inert as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I guess my desk is like most normal office workers, decorated with a stained coffee mug and a mountain of paperwork.

The only things I have pinned up are a reference chart, a list of useful phone numbers and a Dublin bikes station map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

iam an embalmer and when i worked full time for an undertaker i used to have a few pics on the wall of the office and little ornements and other bits an pieces but ya wouldent have things like that around an embalming theatre i think to much clutter in a small area is a bit overboard though a few bits an pieces is enough

I haven't even got a cubicle ;_; just a desk and chair.there's a wall behind my desk,i could try decorate that.i should put up a picture of my boss and throw things at it.
    hang your boss on the wall and throw things at him/her for real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Don't have a cubicle but if I did......this is the first thing I would put up.

• Advertisement

Miniature model guns,

~B
    jesus i was nine yrs in the army and you have more ordenence around your desk then i ever seen when i was serving in finner cmp donegal are you planing starting a war ill give give ya a hand shhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement