Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert "What are you listening to?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

Arcade Fire :D
    and the XX :)

Mika has become my Leaving cert moodlifting music, I used to think he was cheesey but now he is my favourite :P
    His new song is in french!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHWwKC8WjU

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I used to listen to a bit of Mika. Good moodlifting stuff indeed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cian A wrote: »
    French music is deadly!

Daft Punk
    Justice
    David Guetta

Anyone?:)
    Yes.
    Can't decide if I like Justice's new album or not though. On the other hand M83's (also French, should be way more popular) new album is shweeet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Yes.
    Can't decide if I like Justice's new album or not though. On the other hand M83's (also French, should be way more popular) new album is shweeet...

I'll check them out now, I'm not sure about Guetta either I haven't got his album but a few good singles and I'm going to have to listen to Justices 2nd album again too to decide if I like it, 1st was class though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxtgS2lU94

love it so much, shes so weird :D:D

fralez1 wrote: »

Do you seriously like that type of music:eek:?

I'm loving Irish Indie bands right now,

Coronas, Delorentos, two door cinema club anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

indie = my favourite type of music! :D
    then alternative.
    then everything else. :D:D and I mean everything. xD
    And Two Door Cinema Club are my FAVOURITE band! :D Apart from Florence and the Machine.. but that not really a band. S: Love Florence. (:
    p.s. if you like The Coronas listen to this if your haven't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oee29f36XI
    my favourite. (: Especially since it's as gaeilge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

leaveiton wrote: »

Wow, thanks so much for posting that. I've never heard of her, I really really like that song! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Just got a hold of 2011 cuid A. Blastin it out LOWD. Excellent production and sound engineering, tutes to all involved over at the SEC.

pajero12 wrote: »
    Foster the People's album,
    Ed Sheeran's Album <3
    Houdini by Foster The People = bestest ever. :D

Bubbleope wrote: »
    indie = my favourite type of music! :D
    then alternative.
    then everything else. :D:D and I mean everything. xD
    And Two Door Cinema Club are my FAVOURITE band! :D Apart from Florence and the Machine.. but that not really a band. S: Love Florence. (:
    p.s. if you like The Coronas listen to this if your haven't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oee29f36XI
    my favourite. (: Especially since it's as gaeilge. :)

My favorite too, not only that but I know all the lyrics to Taibhse nó laoch, éist a ghrá and Chomh saor also.:o

Indie and alternative really dominates all (that and electronic of course:D), florence is amazing as well.

My favorite too, not only that but I know all the lyrics to Taibhse nó laoch, éist a ghrá and Chomh saor also.:o

Indie and alternative really dominates all (that and electronic of course:D), florence is amazing as well.

I know it too! xD Actually put it on a cd when I first found it and started singing along to it whilst in the car and my mother was like wtf. Ah well. xD
    And electronic. Actually used to hate it! Only recently started to actually like it. (: Although I'm unsure what exactly the electronic genre is. I call everything that sounds dance type music dance. XD

Loving that right now. (: Dunno what genre ya'd call it but I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I agree... Feckin' hell, my ears are bleeding :/

Btw, anyone ag lorg amhráin as gaeilge:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg90B-FMhZQ&feature=channel_video_title
    Love that one! Most of the songs on the channel are cringey but there are a few gems!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

any other jazz heads around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkMFLhcKJg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

-.- Edith Piaf is a legend

I know it too! xD Actually put it on a cd when I first found it and started singing along to it whilst in the car and my mother was like wtf. Ah well. xD
    And electronic. Actually used to hate it! Only recently started to actually like it. (: Although I'm unsure what exactly the electronic genre is. I call everything that sounds dance type music dance. XD

Loving that right now. (: Dunno what genre ya'd call it but I love it.
    You actually must have stolen my music collection, that's a class relaxin' song.

Btw, anyone ag lorg amhráin as gaeilge:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg90B-FMhZQ&feature=channel_video_title
    Love that one! Most of the songs on the channel are cringey but there are a few gems!
    Agreed, I've listened to a good fee of TG Lurgans stuff and while most of it gets an A for effort only a few are actually good.

Irish songs yeh? Some good ones are
    Roisin, Ba mhaith liom bruion le d'athair
    Cailin na Gaillimhe
    Gra na dtochaí

You actually must have stolen my music collection, that's a class relaxin' song.

Agreed, I've listened to a good fee of TG Lurgans stuff and while most of it gets an A for effort only a few are actually good.

Irish songs yeh? Some good ones are
    Roisin, Ba mhaith liom bruion le d'athair
    Cailin na Gaillimhe
    Gra na dtochaí

Unless you stole mine! :pac:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ5zcNUROk
    ^typical gaeltacht song. classic. xD Thought I'd add that to the list of irish songs. xD

^typical gaeltacht song. classic. xD Thought I'd add that to the list of irish songs. xD

Gan dabht:cool:

• Advertisement

had to post this. :D doesn't have enough views... :eek:

had to post this. :D doesn't have enough views... :eek:

Speaking of not enough views here's a song I thought was class reccomended by another Boardsie.

Speaking of not enough views here's a song I thought was class reccomended by another Boardsie.
    oh.my.dear.lord.
    DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH VIEWS! my heart was like woah as soon as the music started. :D So good! :D thanks for that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Love Delorentos! :D
    Wow, thanks so much for posting that. I've never heard of her, I really really like that song! :D

No problem, happy to spread the word! You should listen to some of her other stuff, I love her :) Plus she's Irish!

Namlub wrote: »
    M83 Midnight City
    That.is.brilliant.
    Is the rest of their stuff as good? They've released loads so I'm too lazy to check it for myself:D
    pajero12 wrote: »
    Foster the People's album,
    Ed Sheeran's Album <3

Wow I had never heard of them before but Foster the people are deadly! Getting their album now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Arctic Monkeys,Foster the People and The Killers.

Arctic Monkeys are on repeat over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Chavways wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys,Foster the People and The Killers.

Arctic Monkeys are on repeat over and over and over.

Have Hellcat Spangled Shalala, Rope (Foo Fighters) and No One Knows (QOTSA) on repeat on my mp3 to drum along to. Serious drumming choons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Don't laugh, but the group that's getting me through the leaving is... S Club 7 :P
    People have already started talking about our graduation song... People want 'Fix You', (nooooooo) but I think 'Bring it all back' would be more suitable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

cringe:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Don't laugh, but the group that's getting me through the leaving is... S Club 7 :P
    People have already started talking about our graduation song... People want 'Fix You', (nooooooo) but I think 'Bring it all back' would be more suitable :P

Fix You doesn't even make sense as a graduation song. At all.

Advertisement