Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert "What are you listening to?" Thread

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

recommended albums for 2013

Villagers - {Awayland}
    The National - Trouble Will Find Me
    Enemies - Embark, Embrace
    Young Wonder - Show Your Teeth EP (the greatest thing to ever come out of Cork)
    Jai Paul - Jai Paul (that isn't technically an album release but whatever)
    James Blake - Overgrown
    And So I Watch You From Afar - All Hail Bright Futures
    Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (no seriously)
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (overrated, sure, but great moments)

MS MR dropped an album this week, I ain't heard it yet

That new Kanye album is going to be the greatest thing to ever happen to humanity btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Joy Division have been keeping me sane over the last few days. :P

oh and thanks to Slow Show for not killing me for momentarily forgetting Daughter's fantastic If you Leave in the 2013 list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Have the iPod on shuffle so everything from thin lizzy and ac dc to kodaline to 2pac to rudamental to bob marley! Bit of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

And can't forget spiller-groovejet to get in the summer mood :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Really getting into irish hip hop, been listening to plenty of Alt J and The XX too

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Daft punk - get lucky .

How relevant .

Really getting into irish hip hop, been listening to plenty of Alt J and The XX too

Who's on the rise in Irish Hip-Hop? It's not something I've been keeping on top of altogether too well. I know Rejjie Snow and Lethal Dialect but that's like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Youth Lagoon's album "The Year of Hibernation" is like a lullaby album for me, its calms my nerves before I go to sleep after a long day of study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Colm! wrote: »
    Who's on the rise in Irish Hip-Hop? It's not something I've been keeping on top of altogether too well. I know Rejjie Snow and Lethal Dialect but that's like it.

So far I've only really listened to LD and Genesis, Genesis is quite popular in Cork but still like on the downlow nationally which I like, kinda looking forward to exploring it a bit more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Seeing him on Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CNR94

Anyone here who listens to hip hop into Action Bronson? I can't stop listening to him the past week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Alt-J, lads. Alt-J in a big way

The entire album's really good

Advertisement