Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda to address nation

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    Keep Europe sweet (at any cost), I believe I wrote that. :)

Considering mainland Europe was torn apart with war twice within thirty years, and millions died, its not really an awful agenda is it?

I was expecting a sort of "lining their own pckets, keeping the rich rich" kind of agenda from you.

Edit: Also Brussels has money which we might need sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

syklops wrote: »
    Considering mainland Europe was torn apart with war twice within thirty years, and millions died, its not really an awful agenda is it?

I was expecting a sort of "lining their own pckets, keeping the rich rich" kind of agenda from you.

Edit: Also Brussels has money which we might need sometime.

What has a war got to do with our current economic situation? Are you saying that if we don't give Europe everything they would like from us and if we think about Irish citizens (and the burden being placed on their shoulders) - it would in some way trigger a war?

I've no doubt that we could use some of the money Brussels has but does that mean that we should impose huge taxes and levies on own our people to secure some of it for now?

You shouldn't really expect a certain kind of agenda from me, you really don't know me well enough for that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ejmaztec wrote: »
    No, they were just voted in because there was really no-one else to vote for. They're doing exactly what they were expected to do, which is absolutely feck all. We just needed a different bunch of gombeen arseholes to moan about.

The address of the nation is no fixed abode.
    I dont condone or support FG in their actions since taking power, but, whoever got in to power was going to have one hell of a mess to clean up either way. FF, FG, Labour, SF. It didnt matter who won, they were going to get massacred if they didnt turn the country around by magic. FF were probably delighted to leave it for someone else to fix then in a few years time they can swan back in and turn it so that it looks like the country was great under them and rubbish under FG.

Again, I dont support FG (or any of the parties really) in much of anything but I do think they are being given an awfully hard time for trying to do a nearly impossible job. There is only so much they can do due to the mess FF left us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'Enda to address nation'

I wish he'd tell us when so we know when to switch off.
    Anyway, I'll be washing my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There is only so much they can do due to the mess FF left us in.
    That's the same excuse the Tories are using in regards to Labour in the UK, ad nauseum, and it just doesn't fly.
    The truth is, they're all as bad as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The speech has been leaked:eek:

Enda (Bigger than Obama) Kenny: "We will stand in solidarity with the irish nation as the horrible news of the demise of westlife has reached us"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I was expecting another Shinner dominated thread.

Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Pal wrote: »

Give it time.

You are a fianna fail supporter?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pal wrote: »

Give it time.

Sein Fein in the membrane....Sinn Fein in the brain...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,580 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sein Fein in the membrane....Sinn Fein in the brain...

Sinn Fein.... a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Enda's address.... ''Well i'll start off by saying Enda loves ya baby ''

Advertisement