Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda to address nation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

maddragon wrote: »
    There will be no public disorder except a minor increase on the drunken loutishness we see in our towns on any weekend night. As an earlier poster pointed out, we are the people who almost voted in the unofficial presidential candidate of the party who caused our problems just 6 months after voting them out of power. We let the Hun rape us for 800 years before our gene pool finally produced the cure in Michael Collins. We shot him in the head.

We daily prostitute ourselves to Frau Merkel in case we offend the Germans who had plans to ship the entire male population off to concentration camps if they had successfully invaded the country 70 years ago.

I would sooner listen to the acid filled rumblings of my large intestine than anything that a boy from Mayo would say.

State of the nation address by Kenny. I'm out.
    I wouldnt bet on it sir. Right now people are just about scraping by. Everything has a limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

efb wrote: »
    Who do you want running the country?
    Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

And it has always been the way, it kills me to say it, but bring back the Brits..

Fxxk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yahew wrote: »
    I don't get wanting the Germans in. I think they may just be in favour of us not burning the bondholders.

Of course, the majority of these bondholders are German banks. So it's our duty as good little sheep to pay for their risky gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Anyone but the clowns we have now, my dog would do a better job than End and the gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

And it has always been the way, it kills me to say it, but bring back the Brits..
    the brits are still here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Maybe Constantin Gurdigev would be a start for finance minister. I''d want to suss him out a bit more first though.

Edit: And Ming as a junior minister - purely because Ming would be great to be able to drag out and sick on people when necessary.

Past that don't know. Health is an issue. I'd pick a working social minded consultant I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein.

:eek: Do you accept NI Banknotes Angie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

Yes. Which proves my belief that the electorate in general are a bunch of halfwits.

Ah i am glad to see you voted starbelgrade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

Well at least he is sober enough to address the nation,unlike that unintelligible,obese,pint swilling slob we had previously

very unfair comment about Scofflaw there.

Cordially
    Me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

the brits are still here!!
    Make it the 32, we'd be better off than we are now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Ruu wrote: »
    We've turned a corner!

A roundabout is not a corner, Ruu.

:pac:

i dont give a **** who runs the country or world goverments as long as i get fair play but thats the big problem, 1% controls it all, "WE DONT HAVE A SAY"!!! but they make you think you do! either they are smart or we are the fools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

maddragon wrote: »
    There will be no public disorder except a minor increase on the drunken loutishness we see in our towns on any weekend night. As an earlier poster pointed out, we are the people who almost voted in the unofficial presidential candidate of the party who caused our problems just 6 months after voting them out of power. We let the Hun rape us for 800 years before our gene pool finally produced the cure in Michael Collins. We shot him in the head.

We daily prostitute ourselves to Frau Merkel in case we offend the Germans who had plans to ship the entire male population off to concentration camps if they had successfully invaded the country 70 years ago.

I would sooner listen to the acid filled rumblings of my large intestine than anything that a boy from Mayo would say.

State of the nation address by Kenny. I'm out.

We also do hyperbole better than most.

Make it the 32, we'd be better off than we are now..
    hey just leave ireland go to oz bit more sunny there, i was there for years, brits in the sun you would love it :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I wonder who's speech he is going to plagiarised this time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Well at least he is sober enough to address the nation,unlike that unintelligible,obese,pint swilling slob we had previously

I'd have to agree. I'll reserve judgement the speech rather than condemn him now.

From the start of this crisis to the end of Fianna Fail in power we had a drunken gobsh!te as Taoiseach who was to inebriated to do anything other than stumble from the Dail bar to the chamber and back again (confirmed lately by one of his own party, one mammy o rourke). We had ministers denying everything about the crisis that the press was asking them to confirm up til the point that they had to confirm it due to unprecedented evidence - the arrival of the IMF comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Just another gombeen politician who would promise the Irish public anything to get a whiff of power.

Someone who has never known anything except the state cheque.

Fianna Fail gave us iodine tablets. I trust Fine Gael will issue the citizens with sick bags before the Taoiseach's address.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Debunker

I'm surprised people bought his 5 point plan bull-pats.
    He's more of an actor then a politician. If he's still taoiseach next term, I'll rage quit the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Can't wait to hear it, I bet he blames all of our current problems on Fianna Fail at least - 5 times - if it is a ten minute broadcast.

I know Fianna Fail is responsible for a lot of our problems but weren't his government voted in to do something about that?

So far all they have done is sit around and moan about how it's all Fianna Fail's fault not theirs. It's getting a bit old now, we need new thinking and action not this crap, after all people voted for a change, so far there hasn't been much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I've said it before and I'll say it again......
    BLOW BAG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sinn Fein.

With their non-existent financial policies. Yeah that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear it, I bet he blames all of our current problems on Fianna Fail at least - 5 times - if it is a ten minute broadcast.

I know Fianna Fail is responsible for a lot of our problems but weren't his government voted in to do something about that?

So far all they have done is sit around and moan about how it's all Fianna Fail's fault not theirs. It's getting a bit old now, we need new thinking and action not this crap, after all people voted for a change, so far there hasn't been much.

No, they were just voted in because there was really no-one else to vote for. They're doing exactly what they were expected to do, which is absolutely feck all. We just needed a different bunch of gombeen arseholes to moan about.

The address of the nation is no fixed abode.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    No, they were just voted in because there was really no-one else to vote for. They're doing exactly what they were expected to do, which is absolutely feck all. We just needed a different bunch of gombeen arseholes to moan about.

The address of the nation is no fixed abode.

Exactly so we may as well have voted for Fianna Fail again. Different name, same agenda (by and large) - keep Europe sweet at any cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I bet the recession is all a wind-up to take us down a notch. We'd gotten fierce uppity. This is the moment they'll announce a new EU grant for those who want money. A slush fund of 780 billion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I swear if that ever happens I'll leave the country because then we truely would be a lost cause.

Start planning. I wouldn't the next election but within the decade they'll 'sweep to power'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Start planning. I wouldn't the next election but within the decade they'll 'sweep to power'.

FF have lost half their vote to SF. SF might sweep to power, FF won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    same agenda by and large.

I'm really curious to find out what the agenda is. What is it?

syklops wrote: »
    I'm really curious to find out what the agenda is. What is it?

Keep Europe sweet (at any cost), I believe I wrote that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Address the nation?

Where is he sending us? Greece would be nice. Could do with a bit of sun.

Advertisement