Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacked Boards.ie Moderator Tells All

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Kasabian wrote: »
    Seconded, Bellmullet is the land that time forgot.

it can stay that way
    charlemont wrote: »
    Bring back Mickey Dolenz, Good craic off him and he was fair..

No he is ginger

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ejmaztec wrote: »
    That's okay, I'm glad you haven't been wasting valuable drinking time.
    Just cracked my 9th and have a nice buzz going.
    Also just took my diabetes pill.
    Turns out that drinking 2 litres of Coke to cure your hangover does some damage. Luckily enough I suffer more from low blood sugar levels than high. This means I can still drink Coke. I'm Charlie Sheen winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Terry wrote: »
    Don't mess with Jedward.
    My god-daughter is going to be dancing as part of their opening act later this month.
    As odd as they are, I'm now happy they exist because of the opportunity they have given to her.

To answer your question, I've been drunk for just over 2 years now.
    It was an interesting experiment, and, while I did do a lot of damage to my body, I feel that it was well worth it.
    The experiment ends in 2 weeks or thereabouts. There will be a week or so of withdrawal drinking.

Eh i've known you 6 yrs now and you've been drunk all that time!

*mumbles* 2 yrs my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Blimey, Terry's back, welcome back! :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Eh i've known you 6 yrs now and you've been drunk all that time!

*mumbles* 2 yrs my arse
    No. I used to only get drunk 2 or 3 nights a week.
    When I'm sober, I'm really unsociable, so the only time we would talk is when I was drunk.

Yes, there may have been nights when I had 3 or 4 cans, but it's been a long time since that amount has made me drunk.

In September 2009 I began drinking every night at 6pm. I've drank at least 10 cans every night since then. 12 for the last year.

I ****ing hate talking to people when I'm sober.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »
    Blimey, Terry's back, welcome back! :)
    Comebacks are too mainstream.
    Just visiting.

In saying that, I have missed the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Terry wrote: »
    No. I used to only get drunk 2 or 3 nights a week.
    When I'm sober, I'm really unsociable, so the only time we would talk is when I was drunk.

Yes, there may have been nights when I had 3 or 4 cans, but it's been a long time since that amount has made me drunk.

In September 2009 I began drinking every night at 6pm. I've drank at least 10 cans every night since then. 12 for the last year.

I ****ing hate talking to people when I'm sober.

Yeah people kinda do need to be drunk to talk to me tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

super-rush wrote: »
    Do not mess with the Carlow mods.

Fact.

Carlow sure does sound like an awesome place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

TheZohan wrote: »

Its a quare good place lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The mods in AH don't ban anyone. Too busy locking threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Once upon a time I was also dizzy with the power of the boards.ie mod position. At the time, my doctor prescribed me Heroin to ween me off the initial addiction. He thought a period of Methadone afterwards would get me off my relieving drug but he ended up signing up to boards himself, posting daily on After Hours and forgot to write up my prescription as a result.

It's not easy banning your GP but it had to be done at the time.....there were too many 'titty' references!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I smell bull****

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

LighterGuy wrote: »
    hahahahahahah :pac:
    this is priceless.... love the way "job" is mentioned loads of times too :pac: ...

That whole story is just brilliant. A great laugh :pac:

Onion rip-off.
    Albeit a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Thats the thing about mods...
    They get used because they dont get paid.
    Take boards.ie ... its a very big message board. But in order to function correctly it needs mods. People who help to maintain the site. But yet they still dont get paid.

Which you got to laugh at the internship threads on here. People slagging them for being one big con (and rightfully so) ... But is being a mod on here not getting used aswell? I know one could say its "unpaid help to support the site" - But someone is making money from this site.

What if I created, say ... a dating site. I too would need mods to scan for bogus profiles, to accept and decline images, to handle complaints etc. I too could spin their help as "supporting the site" but yet, i keep the money to myself ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

TheZohan wrote: »

I drove through there once. It looked...interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Think that's bad?

I used to be a ****ing admin, back when it was just DeVore and Cloud running the gaff.

I'd a great time, I'd put random word like "really" and "like" and "lovely" into the word filter.

I'd site ban all the AH mods and let the kids run wild on the forum for a few hours.

I added DeVore to the Registered User user lists for a day or so...

Thems were the days.

Now look at me, I can't even fart in some forums with out getting infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Take boards.ie ... its a very big message board. But in order to function correctly it needs mods. People who help to maintain the site. But yet they still dont get paid.

Which you got to laugh at the internship threads on here. People slagging them for being one big con (and rightfully so) ... But is being a mod on here not getting used aswell? I know one could say its "unpaid help to support the site" - But someone is making money from this site.

What if I created, say ... a dating site. I too would need mods to scan for bogus profiles, to accept and decline images, to handle complaints etc. I too could spin their help as "supporting the site" but yet, i keep the money to myself ;)
    Yeah but even if they weren't mods, chances are they'd be on Boards fairly regularly anyway whereas with a job or internship, you probably not going to spend more time there than you have to. I'm sure also it's not without its benefits which I would assume are comparable to those offered to subscribers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seaneh wrote: »
    Think that's bad?

I used to be a ****ing admin, back when it was just DeVore and Cloud running the gaff.

I'd a great time, I'd put random word like "really" and "like" and "lovely" into the word filter.

I'd site ban all the AH mods and let the kids run wild on the forum for a few hours.

I added DeVore to the Registered User user lists for a day or so...

Thems were the days.

Now look at me, I can't even fart in some forums with out getting infracted.
    But you have to admit, your farts ARE especially noxious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Story's fake, no coke or hookers mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

People who have never been mods seem to think you get some kind of special powers or something. Only thing being a mod is good for is testing the limits of your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

super-rush wrote: »
    Its a quare good place lad.

Hah! Funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Boards is essentially a space that people can rent (for free) to cater for their tastes. The Mods are the people with the greatest vested interest in that space. They are free to leave and they will be replaced by others whose interest in keeping that space for their needs open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I hear the Mods Xmas do with free drink all night is the only reason to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Panrich

I see that the OP has been banned.

Advertisement