Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The spirit world

Options
  • 01-11-2011 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

Just watching a replay of the Late Late show. They have a 'spiritual healer' on now.

Not surprised they have given her the stage to spout her nonsense. She reckons John Lennon visits her. FFS If she had any fuc*ing heart at all she'd be out stealing for a living.

I remember when Dawkin's was on the Late Late, you would swear he was the lunatic with the reception they gave him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Crazy isnt it... it takes a real psychopath to lie to the bereaved in such an awful manner for monitory gain.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Pander to idiots and chancers. Take clever people down a peg or two. Irish culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I remember when Dawkin's was on the Late Late, you would swear he was the lunatic with the reception they gave him.

It's the clever editing and camera angles. A lot of perfectly reasonable people with entirely sensible pov's come on the LLS end up looking like nutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Kadongy wrote: »
    Pander to idiots and chancers. Take clever people down a peg or two. Irish culture.

I wouldn't say it's an Irish thing. Sure isn't the biggest douche in the universe American!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

When they lay me to rest, I'm gonna go to the place that's the best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll have a double vodka please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I thought this was going to be about alcohol, not about having an auld pray....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Money, Love, Happiness... The secret is in the tarot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Kadongy wrote: »

What a gloomy outlook to have.

Shazzo99 wrote: »
    Ara Ireland the only country in the world were a 15year old can buy a pint and have the crack in a pub where in America every 15year old is fat and stuck on ps3 or an xbox

Yeah 'fo sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What a gloomy outlook to have.

Well there's a lot of truth in it.

If you saw the edition of The Late Late Show where they were talking about secular teachings in schools you'd know what it's like.

I never understood the hate for Ryan Tubirdy (i'd avoided him beforehand) until then. What an idiot. Every chance he had he was interrupting to get his own personal views in.

"If you join the club you have to play by the rules"

The little rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MrStuffins wrote: »

If you saw the edition of The Late Late Show where they were talking about secular teachings in schools you'd know what it's like.

I never understood the hate for Ryan Tubirdy (i'd avoided him beforehand) until then. What an idiot. Every chance he had he was interrupting to get his own personal views in.

The little rat!

Wouldn't mind a look at that, any idea when it was aired or who the guests were? Or a link even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The little rat!

TLLS and what happens on it aren't the sum total of Irish culture though.

kowloon wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a look at that, any idea when it was aired or who the guests were? Or a link even better.

I watched it on the RTE Player a few days after it aired. Doubt it's still there but it might be up on You Tube.
    TLLS and what happens on it aren't the sum total of Irish culture though.

I never said they were. But it's a decent sample.

There's also another one with Pat Kenny, who didn't make such an arse out of himself

EDIT: Just realised you wanted the secular school one. Don't have the link for that..

You Tube Links............

There's also another one with Pat Kenny, who didn't make such an arse out of himself

Not the ones I was talking about but i'llw atch these as I missed Dawkins when he was on.

Although maybe I shouldn't. I suspect he was dealt with the same way as a witch would've been had one been on the show.

Whereas Joe Coleman goes on the show and gets treated like he's a sane human being.......... never mind one telling the truth!

Not the ones I was talking about but i'llw atch these as I missed Dawkins when he was on.

Although maybe I shouldn't. I suspect he was dealt with the same way as a witch would've been had one been on the show.

Whereas Joe Coleman goes on the show and gets treated like he's a sane human being.......... never mind one telling the truth!

Look at the one with Pat Kenny. Some of the comments from the audience and the messages scrolling across the screen are mind boggling.

I never knew Joe Coleman was on the LL, just shows you the standard of guest they have on.

Look at the one with Pat Kenny. Some of the comments from the audience and the messages scrolling across the screen are mind boggling.

I never knew Joe Coleman was on the LL, just shows you the standard of guest they have on.

I was in the missus' house one night and couldnt sleep, So i switched the TV on and there was old Joe. he was treated like he was telling the truth, like what he was saying was believable. I felt sorry for him because when you see him it's very clear he has mental issues.

EDIT: Just realised you wanted the secular school one. Don't have the link for that..

That one was an education in itself.

Definitely. Poor Richard was pretty much arguing against the whole studio.
    I was in the missus' house one night and couldnt sleep, So i switched the TV on and there was old Joe. he was treated like he was telling the truth, like what he was saying was believable. I felt sorry for him because when you see him it's very clear he has mental issues.

Just watching now.

Either he's a con artist like the majority or indeed he does have mental health issues. Either way he shouldn't be anywhere near RTE, I saw his documentary too, another nice earner for him.

• Advertisement

Indeed. it was about a couple who didn't want their child being taught Christianity as truth alongside Science and Maths etc.

they found it hard to find a school to accomodate them but once they did the school went back on their word.

Indeed. it was about a couple who didn't want their child being taught Christianity as truth alongside Science and Maths etc.

they found it hard to find a school to accomodate them but once they did the school went back on their word.

I remember a girl in my primary school whose parents asked if she could be opted out of religion; she was made sit at the back facing the wall.
    The teacher went out of her way to make the girl feel different. One of the few things I actually remember from primary school.

I wonder if that would be allowed fly now.

I remember a girl in my primary school whose parents asked if she could be opted out of religion; she was made sit at the back facing the wall.
    The teacher went out of her way to make the girl feel different. One of the few things I actually remember from primary school.

I wonder if that would be allowed fly now.

Crazy!! It just shows the attitude doesn't it?

My brother went to special schools as a young kid. When he finally went to mainstream schools (at the begining of secondary school) the teachers were more than able to see his "Learning Difficulties" (for want of a better term) without prejudice. But once it became apparent that as part of this special school he was not taught Christianity he was seen as an unusual kid.

It wasn't that my parents kept him away from it, it was just a consequence of the school he was in (he didn't learn irish either).

Thanks for the videos man, just finished watching the Tubirdy interview. Tubirty is a rat, putting words into Dawkin's mouth at every corner. But I though Dawkins came across well and the priest they had speaking to him was an articulate and educated individual, exactly what you need for this kind of "debate".

Tubirdy really shows himself to be a really bad mediator. He's shocking!

Thanks for the videos man, just finished watching the Tubirdy interview. Tubirty is a rat, putting words into Dawkin's mouth at every corner. But I though Dawkins came across well and the priest they had speaking to him was an articulate and educated individual, exactly what you need for this kind of "debate".

Tubirdy really shows himself to be a really bad mediator. He's shocking!

Yeah he was terrible.

I had no problem with the priest either, came across very well. Much better than the philosopher that Kenny had on debating Dawkins - A former atheist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Her spirit guide is called Sam. He must be doing the double, he works for Derek Acorah too!

Yeah he was terrible.

I had no problem with the priest either, came across very well. Much better than the philosopher that Kenny had on debating Dawkins - A former atheist :D

I've just started watching it. I'm 5 mins in.

Dawkins spends ages saying "Normal Christians are great. No problem with them. But the fanatics are bad. Normal religious people good, but there are fanatics out there. Normal good, fanatics bad............."

then yer man starts off with

"Well there are fanatics but for Richard to take them as the norm is wrong............"

Holy mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

TLL sh1t i hate it with a vengence and that little skinny neard tubbers why doesent he go off and live on some seclueded island somewhere he fcuking does my head in:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

That episode with Dawkins on it made me ashamed to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Just watched the Dawkins interviews...
    Thought it was really interesting when it was put to him about a part of his book that he seemes excited about, where he was speculating about 'super human' aliens, which require a leap of faith, thought the look on his face was priceless when he was pulled up on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

Staying away from the whole religious/philosophical/science thing.

According to Joe he didn't leave the house for a year, hasn't worked for 31 years and lost a child at one point. Not proof in itself of him being unstable but to be considered.

Add to this Joe's possibility of being chosen by a divine deity/entity which is surely 1 in billions, not only billions but likely billions of more deserving people.

Was there a divine visit for the innocent child who starved or the drafted uneducated young soldier who died choking on nerve gas in ww1, or the executed activist standing up the the tyrant for basic human rights. Surely they deserve it more.

No, visits from a deity which happens to be identical to a main religious symbol of his culture are reserved to people from ballyfermot (perhaps a burden worthy of a divine visit) who offer no kind of proof.

The divine being also saw fit to offer no great knowledge or wisdom or philosophical insight.

Whoever brought the guy onto the show has some explaining to do.

Advertisement