Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with your arms when you're asleep?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I have no idea what I do with my arms when I'm asleep, 'cos, eh, I'm asleep at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I stop my arms from lolling aimlessly around by shoving my hands down my Y-fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I put them in the drawer before going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ElleEm wrote: »
    Recently I've found my arms to be a hindrance when I'm trying to go asleep- I just don't know what to do with them.
    I had a similar sounding thing a few nights a few months ago. It was like the arms and moreso the hands were full of energy or something, hard to explain, just very concious of them.

So I exhausted them by doing exercise, this was pushups & chinups as I have a bar handy. If you think it is similar to what I describe you could try the pushups or just in bed do isometrics, i.e. pushing one hand against the other, or just squeeze the hell out of a tennis ball or a bunched up pair of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

ElleEm wrote: »
    Like a corpse?

Exactly. Hate having my head raised. I got a special pillow there in Ikea thats flat. It's made for people who lie on their stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I don't know - I'm asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

When sleeping on my right side I put my left arm behind my head and my right arm behind my back, so that my mouth is in the crook of my left arm and my nose is under my right arm.

When sleeping on my back I have my arms folded behind my back. On my front I have my arms folded across my front and then wrapped under the opposite underarm, finally clamping my hands between my knees to stop them flapping about and keeping me awake.

Having sex is a little more complicated, especially if the victim is myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Pillow, Arms,Pillow,Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

both hands wrapped around the Gf :) awwwwwww how romantic lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

first-world problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I lie on them, which has created a weird indent on the side of my ribs

Pick your arse with one and your nose with the other, don't swap though or the snots will taste funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I put them down my trousers and make them choke mr happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

I hide my arms under the bed, just in case I get burgled.
    Its ok though I've got a license for them and its all perfectly legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Captain Limerick

I put my arms flat down on the bed,
    Or sometimes under my head.
    OP if you need to relax,
    try putting them down your cacks,
    - I think enough has been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I disarm myself before hitting the hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

People sleeping on their tummies? didn't realise it was such an epidemic at this point,

Well I sleep on my side like a normal person, but unlike a normal person I always bend my knees and my left arm resting on my side and the other is on the bed straight going towards my knee.

That really is stranger than the tummy thing isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

pudzey101 wrote: »
    both hands wrapped around the Gf :) awwwwwww how romantic lol

Not if it's her throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

woke up with a dog curled up under my right armpit, I think she lifts them about when I'm asleep so she can find the comfy spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I sleep on my back and cross them over my chest.

Sometimes I like to wear a Tutankamun costume and pretend I am an ancient Egyptian mummy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Usually just throw them over the chair. Too lazy to hang them up in the wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When I was younger I had to share a room with my brother, he would cross his arms and put his hands on his shoulders like a vampire. He was afraid of getting stabbed...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭HenryChinaski

Try sleeping in a single bed with your girlfriend. It's a pain in the hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I cup the wife's baps while sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

One on my crotch ala black rapper stylee to protect 'them' during the night and i hold a machette in the other...just in case.
    Try sleeping in a single bed with your girlfriend. It's a pain in the hole.

Are you sure your girlfriend is really a girl...sounds like you have trouble recognising genders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I use them to collect my slobbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm told I conduct Mozart's first concerto in D minor althoughI I don't remember anything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

WindSock wrote: »
    I sleep on my back and cross them over my chest.

Sometimes I like to wear a Tutankamun costume and pretend I am an ancient Egyptian mummy lol

I sleep with my arms crossed over my chest too, but I wear a vampire costume.

Advertisement