Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick or treat!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Ran out last year and had to dole out my decent chocolate so made sure I was well prepared this year. Got halloween mix bags from the 2euro shop,twixes,lollipops,malteasers,carddbury's mix bag,mars mix bag and pumpkin chocolates. Just a few lollipops left (horrible they are too, had one earlier :(). All the kids were very polite with some great costumes but also some not so great...but then again I used to wear a black bag and a witches hat. I put a pumpkin out last night with a wolf howling at the moon carved into it. Fecking crows were at it when I got up this morning so I only had half a pumpkin left :( Sad times...

No fireworks going on though, must be the recession!

fancy pants with your witches hat..was lucky if I had a bit of coal to rub on me face to go with my black bag..

RichieC wrote: »
    fancy pants with your witches hat..was lucky if I had a bit of coal to rub on me face to go with my black bag..

witches hat made out of a cornflakes box rolled into a cone and sellotaped together! Bit of black paint, and hey presto! A witches hat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I think if you don't have any of the decorations up they tend to avoid your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

im cautious of mistreating callers as when i was young arrived at a door and said trick or treat, guy said trick, then stood there looking at me, i had no trick i said so he closed the door.

bad form i thought...

shat...yes i said shat, into a paper bag and set it on fire at his door!

knock knock....... he stamped it out

hows that for a trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Had five or six visits so far, asked them all for treats but only one was willing to share :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

maxfresh wrote: »
    I think if you don't have any of the decorations up they tend to avoid your place.

they knocked on my door, but only I think because I was dead generous with their sponsored walk thingy last week..and they know we have dragons in the sitting room...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

phobia2011 wrote: »
    im cautious of mistreating callers as when i was young arrived at a door and said trick or treat, guy said trick, then stood there looking at me, i had no trick i said so he closed the door.

bad form i thought...

shat...yes i said shat, into a paper bag and set it on fire at his door!

knock knock....... he stamped it out

hows that for a trick!

You should've called back a few minutes later and asked him how he liked his trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Tell me that's not true.

I wish I could, I was young, seem like a great idea at the time.

Had plenty of kids knock around tonight,all looked great and manners seem to be improving.
    I had one little 5 year old who didn't want her goody bag until she sang me a song, had actions and all. That was the highlight of the night.She had her poor mammy in tears, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ceez

Had two, asking me for money instead of sweets. I said I didn't have any, so they asked me could they have my car. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

longshanks wrote: »
    I had a good variety of kids knocking on my door (and my 28 yr old brother who took all the crunchies), costumes were pretty good too, some of the kids were giving it the whole 'raarrrr, woooooo' spiel. Pretty funny from someone about two and a half foot tall.
    They all got packets o jellies, mini bars and smarties etc. and the foreign kids were once again the most polite. But there is still a heap of jellies and smarties left and I'm naked and wearing a gimp mask.
    did you day smarties left?

oh wait, naked and gimp mask. hmmmm.

i do like smarites but...

hmmmm. give me a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ceez wrote: »
    Had two, asking me for money instead of sweets. I said I didn't have any, so they asked me could they have my car. :eek:
    Ah Limerick, you're a lady

:D i'm kiddin. honest

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Ah Limerick, you're a lady

:D i'm kiddin. honest

Wexford actually. And I had so much pride for the place :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

ceez wrote: »
    Wexford actually. And I had so much pride for the place :p
    Should of gave the little fecker rotten strawberrys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Had a Fcuking banger thrown in my letterbox 2nyt because i wudnt answer !!!

My fault though i didnt block off the letterbox earlier lol

Should of gave the little fecker rotten strawberrys

Classic as always :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

lights out im upstairs with a barrett snipers rifle pointing out the window iv taken out about a dozen allready little blighters feed em to the pigs later hahaahaha harrrrrrrrrrrr

heard a story earlyer from a mate that a few kids called to his house when he gave them swets an stuff they said they wanted cans of beer some hash and a bottle of vodka and red bull to mix or they would burn his house as a bonfire

I live in a decent area of Arklow, and you can just see all the scummer parents from the bad parts of the town coming to our area in order to get the good sweets. It's blatantly obvious too, it's the sort of parent that isn't fit to have kids.

Regardless, I have two large bags of sweets at the door; One with good sweets for the kids/parents I recognise as being from around here, another with the cheapest Lidl crap (and fruit) I could find for opportunistic bastards.
    go on out a that ya snobby gee bag and where would ya find a decent area in arklow it's a fcuking kip snobby git ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

RichieC wrote: »
    they knocked on my door, but only I think because I was dead generous with their sponsored walk thingy last week..and they know we have dragons in the sitting room...

Dragon's in your living room?? I'm surprised they didn't storm your house!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I live in a decent area of Arklow, and you can just see all the scummer parents from the bad parts of the town coming to our area in order to get the good sweets. It's blatantly obvious too, it's the sort of parent that isn't fit to have kids.

Regardless, I have two large bags of sweets at the door; One with good sweets for the kids/parents I recognise as being from around here, another with the cheapest Lidl crap (and fruit) I could find for opportunistic bastards.

likewise. i saw kids being dropped off from cars then the parents speeding off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

when i was a kid youd say 'help the halowe'en party' when did it change to trick or treat over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ran out of sweets last night, So went around with the young fella again got home and put all the sweets we got back in our bowl. Problem sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

My Halloween Project 2011 of injecting industrial strenght laxatives into the fun size Mars Bars went according to plan.

I originally was to head for the pub for the evening to avoid the ankle biters but a dose of the flu at the weekend left me housebound.

If I can't have fun, no one can.

Happy mid term break ye feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

In our estate there were always certain houses that were guaranteed to run out of treats early. ''sorry - we've nothing left'' 10 mins after dark...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Strangest Halloween ever.

Fire off our bonfire tradition is in the summer, so we don't have bonfire. The brigade were silent, no fireworks, no callers, no children on the street even, the quietest Halloween ever ~ now that was spooky! :eek:

Oh and no eggs,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Tesco Market Value - thank you! Got sandwich bars, caramel bars and something else at about €0.60 per pack, so stocked up on them. Bought about six packs of bars, some fairy cakes and had some regular Tesco multi-pack bars as well. I think we spent about €6 or €7 and it was enough for the amount of kids that called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Bad weather kept the kids away so I have stocked up on sweeties and have a load left. I may have to take them into work and let the riff raff dive in for munchies.

Advertisement