Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunphy quits Newstalk due to 'Interference'...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Andrew33 wrote: »
    TODAY FM should be renamed to YESTERDAY FM, seriously in decline. with the exception of Paul McClune's show I have pretty much completely stopped listening to the station.

I'd imagine they are gutted at your loss !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

s8n wrote: »
    I'd imagine they are gutted at your loss !

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.
    If you're going to take a cheap pop at someone at least get it right:rolleyes:

And as I'm the average joe radio listener you can be sure I'm not alone in no longer listening to YESTERDAY FM. Trust me, radio stations pay close attention to listener figures. It's all about listener figures and advertising revenue. Very hard to sell airtime if your listener figures are dropping.

Have you anything useful to bring to the party?

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.
    If you're going to take a cheap pop at someone at least get it right:rolleyes:

And as I'm the average joe radio listener you can be sure I'm not alone in no longer listening to YESTERDAY FM. Trust me, radio stations pay close attention to listener figures. It's all about listener figures and advertising revenue. Very hard to sell airtime if your listener figures are dropping.

Have you anything useful to bring to the party?

sensitive fellow.....

I was sarcastically referring to how gutted they will be at losing you as a listener, considering you cant even get the stations name correct (it's TODAY FM)

Back on topic - Dunphy will be missed - but it's Newstalks loss.

sensitive fellow.....

I was sarcastically referring to how gutted they will be at losing you as a listener, considering you cant even get the stations name correct (it's TODAY FM)

Back on topic - Dunphy will be missed - but it's Newstalks loss.

Then why did you write your loss?
    Your comment should have read "gutted at their loss but I'm not going to give you a lesson on the correct use of the English language.
    Sarcasm is obviously not your strongest subject (nor punctuation, nor spelling) so you should just quit while you're ahead.
    I think I may have mentioned that the station should be renamed as YESTERDAY FM (it's that old sarcasm thing again you see?)

'bye now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I think I may have mentioned that the station should be renamed as YESTERDAY FM (it's that old sarcasm thing again you see?)

'bye now;)

I don't mind calling a spade a vertically inserted excavation device and YESTERDAY FM would do for the said radio station. But in truth the best name for this particular outlet is OBRIAN'S FM. With Eamon and Smyth gone the self editing will be rampant. I think Ray D'Arcy will go next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Dunphy has walked out on every show hes ever done, I dont think he'll get another job as quick as he thinks, but you never know he might go to 2fm next...Tubs replacement maybe:P

His last show hasnt been podcasted, did he say anything contoversial before he left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Translated into: Newstalk tell Dunphy to stop acting like the over opinionated drunk guy at the bar.

Dunphy, true to his drunk guy at the bar persona. Throws his toys out of the pram when put in his place.

Not heard of Sam Smyth or Denis O'Brien then...

Then why did you write your loss?
    Your comment should have read "gutted at their loss but I'm not going to give you a lesson on the correct use of the English language.
    Sarcasm is obviously not your strongest subject (nor punctuation, nor spelling) so you should just quit while you're ahead.

'bye now;)

......hello again.

Today fm's loss of a listener is surely boards gain as we have found yet another keyboard warrior fighting the good fight at the weekend. I'd imagine the management at Today HQ are having a sleepless night over the loss of you as a listener.

Well done on passing leaving cert ordinary level English by the way, how many attempts did it take in the end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Yahew wrote: »
    I agree. Any other ideas how we stop this.

Activate competition law. It's on the books already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

......hello again.

Today fm's loss of a listener is surely boards gain as we have found yet another keyboard warrior fighting the good fight at the weekend. I'd imagine the management at Today HQ are having a sleepless night over the loss of you as a listener.

Well done on passing leaving cert ordinary level English by the way, how many attempts did it take in the end ?

sarcasm goes so far over your head.
    anyway, the phoenix were calling this 'yesterday fm' from the time it changed from radio ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

where will dunphy go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

jimmynokia wrote: »
    where will dunphy go now?

He'll lay low for a while and probably next autumn RTE will give him a Saturday morning slot again.

......hello again.

It only took you six hours to come up with this pathetic response? And a personal attack on the level of my education added for good measure? :rolleyes:

anyway, the phoenix were calling this 'yesterday fm' from the time it changed from radio ireland.

Damn, I'm not even original!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Badabing wrote: »
    He'll lay low for a while and probably next autumn RTE will give him a Saturday morning slot again.

better again fire tubs if he does not leave beforehand and give him a morning slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I had a feeling this was coming, I remember when he endorsed MMG on air he said something along the lines of "this might cost me my job" which was a rather strange thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok folks knock it off or I'll close the thread. Back to the discussion please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Newstalk, a pretty awful station, can only be better without that gobsh1te Dunphy. Any chance of that other tosser Hookie flouncing out as well?:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

does anyone know if the podcasts of yesterday's show will be uploaded? Would be good to hear the last show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

does anyone know if the podcasts of yesterday's show will be uploaded? Would be good to hear the last show.

It was repeated overnight last night so maybe they will put it up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It was repeated overnight last night so maybe they will put it up.

Newstalk's Listen Back doesn't include weekends... pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Newstalk's Listen Back doesn't include weekends... pity.

I was wondering why the podcast wasnt up until I read the article about what Dunphy said... Still not up now.. I guess they are not putting it up.. Has anybody uploaded Dunphy's tirade to youtube or anything?

edit: found it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

....who invited you to the conversation ?

In any case, what does the Phoenix have to do with this ?

...try and be relevant if your going to trash talk me :confused:

It only took you six hours to come up with this pathetic response? And a personal attack on the level of my education added for good measure? :rolleyes:

...we don't all hang around Internet chat rooms on a bank holiday weekend waiting for someone to reply.

I'd imagine this thread is going to get closed so drop me a pm as you seem to have an issue with me questioning you and your also pulling your mates into this.

........that is, if you can figure out how to send me a pm ?

Damn, I'm not even original!:)

Surprise surprise !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok s8n banned for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Sundays show is in the archive (not the podcast list) on the iphone app

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

minikin wrote: »
    Sundays show is in the archive (not the podcast list) on the iphone app

Thanks for the tip. It's also on Android. Would like to get it on PC if possible though, don't really like streaming audio on my phone cos of cost. :\

Advertisement