Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IT Tralee 'off-topic' thread

Options
  • 27-10-2011 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

kerry4sam: Hey everyone,

Just thought y'all might might a general off-topic thread in here. You can post anything you want (within reason of course), post pics, slag each other off etc etc. You get the idea anyway.

Right so lets start coming together and see who is the real comedians of the forum :)

Just a quick note to the mods: I can't see ITTralee in the drop down menu in the EDU section just thought I'd let ye know.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Opinicus wrote: »
    Just a quick note to the mods: I can't see ITTralee in the drop down menu in the EDU section just thought I'd let ye know.

Yeah I've noticed that myself, not too sure what it is but I'm working on it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah I've noticed that myself, not too sure what it is but I'm working on it! :)

Yeah I've been told that with all new forums that it takes just a bit for it to appear in the drop downs when the server refreshes the menu lists, and your local cache updates

Thanks Opinicus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah I've been told that with all new forums that it takes just a bit for it to appear in the drop downs when the server refreshes the menu lists, and your local cache updates

Thanks Opinicus.

A ha, that explains that so.

Looks like my PM's were in Vain!

A ha, that explains that so.

Looks like my PM's were in Vain!

not at all Grand_Rajnah. Keep em on their toes eh ;):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Not going to the ITT (or my fave TIT) until next year or year after. Been their loads of times tho, Nice college and people. (From Listowel myself.)

Mod's may I ask if theirs any singers attending the college? And that if their is to pm me as my band are currently looking for a singer. Played for the music society (Or what ever it was called) a few times and for rag week! Great laugh.

If its inappropriate, delete away :)

• Advertisement

Yakult wrote: »
    Not going to the ITT (or my fave TIT) until next year or year after. Been their loads of times tho, Nice college and people. (From Listowel myself.)

Mod's may I ask if theirs any singers attending the college? And that if their is to pm me as my band are currently looking for a singer. Played for the music society (Or what ever it was called) a few times and for rag week! Great laugh.

If its inappropriate, delete away :)

Yeah they have a music society alright. I'm sure their are singers attending the college but I don't yet know of any. I would suggest you
    - call the societies office on their direct line: 066 7191782 (North Campus)
    - call into the college and maybe out a notice up on one of the notice-boards
    I know that they organise open-mic nights throughout the year so maybe contact them & find out when they will be held and you might be able to arrange some-thing there?*
    *just a suggestion

If anyone has any info, I'm sure they will contact you direct via pm after reading this ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

^Thanks for that! Good info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I'm a singer. I wont be going til next year, though.

Also, the open day is on soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

I think they usually have their open night mics in Turner's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I think they usually have their open night mics in Turner's

That would be Baileys Corner!

• Advertisement

I wonder if many past-ITTralee students miss the college; miss the tralee night-life; miss Tralee town itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Alright lads, not in IT Tralee, but have a number of links with the place. Just want to wish ye luck with the forum and hopefully it will be a great resource to you all. I know you've worked hard to get it approved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I wonder if many past-ITTralee students miss the college; miss the tralee night-life; miss Tralee town itself smile.gif

Yes, I do miss it, had a ball there, from Sept 95-98, but its really changed since then.....I my day:D:D, we just had original campus, and various rooms dotted about the town.... The new science block I would love to see.
    The night life was great craic, the haven rocked .

enjoy it all guys

Lisha wrote: »
    we just had original campus, and various rooms dotted about the town....

Never knew that. Did the college rent houses or hotel meeting rooms or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Never knew that. Did the college rent houses or hotel meeting rooms or something like that?

I think they used some of the rooms in the secondary school next to the south campus. The North Campus is only 6 years old and I think the original plans haven't even been fully met yet. They're still building.

Hi OPinicus

(Obviously i did not do computers, I still cant bloody figure how to quote on this:pac::D)

I did scienc e course, we had our french class in the kerryman offices.

I remember biz students going to place near the brogue for classes.

I did some exams in secondary school gym out listowel ( i think ) road

(Obviously i did not do computers, I still cant bloody figure how to quote on this:pac::D)

Just hit the quote button on the bottom of whatever post you want to reply to.

If you want to quote multiple posts then hit the multi-quote button next to that, do the same for any other posts you want to quote and then hit reply at the bottom of the page. It will list all the quotes you added by the multi-quote button.
    I did science course, we had our french class in the kerryman offices.

I remember biz students going to place near the brogue for classes.

I did some exams in secondary school gym out listowel ( i think ) road

Did Applied Biology in the south campus back in 04/05 when I thought that was the area I would like to work in. Loved the subject and the science (still do!), not the jobs we got on work experience unfortunately.

Most of the exams now are held in the Business and Nurses buildings along with the Sports Complex hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Anyone hear rumours about next weeks protest, is their local strike happening too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Be surprised if anything local is happening as they seem to be trying to get as many go to Dublin as possible, just hope our classes on that day get cancelled, good few of my class are going.

I think they are trying to come to an agreement that no CA's would be scheduled for that day (don't quote me on that :p)

Fees are set to rise to €3000 next year, and €5000 the year after and the grant is to be cut by a further 30%

This was doing the rounds today, don't know how true it is, but if it is a lot of people could be in a spot of bother next year.

• Advertisement

Just hit the quote button on the bottom of whatever post you want to reply to.

If you want to quote multiple posts then hit the multi-quote button next to that, do the same for any other posts you want to quote and then hit reply at the bottom of the page. It will list all the quotes you added by the multi-quote button.

Did Applied Biology in the south campus back in 04/05 when I thought that was the area I would like to work in. Loved the subject and the science (still do!), not the jobs we got on work experience unfortunately.

Most of the exams now are held in the Business and Nurses buildings along with the Sports Complex hall.

Thanks or that OPinicus,

-Trek- wrote: »
    I think they are trying to come to an agreement that no CA's would be scheduled for that day (don't quote me on that :p)

This was doing the rounds today, don't know how true it is, but if it is a lot of people could be in a spot of bother next year.

Plus an extra Grand for me for already having attended third level. Good times indeed.

siblers wrote: »
    Plus an extra Grand for me for already having attended third level. Good times indeed.
    me too :(

siblers wrote: »

Had to pay 3000 (1500 'registration' and 1500 tuition) a year for the last two years cos I had done a cert in Biology before. Was delighted to not have to pay it this year. Also qualified for a grant! OOOOhhhhh YEAH!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Would anyone be interested in a Morton's List society?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9T4MI5g8k

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

-Trek- wrote: »
    Anyone hear rumours about next weeks protest, is their local strike happening too?

The protest was postponed and there will be discussions about local action at tomorrow's class reps meeting.

I don't expect striking will be on the agenda at all, but I think a 24 hour strike on budget day is essential at this stage, and that should just be the beginning.

The Union are calling this next action the "last phase" of the campaign, which is ridiculous. There is no "last phase". The campaign should continue until they succeed. I think its obvious there wasn't really a campaign to begin with, just the usual lobbying, letter writing and the march. That's it.

No imagination, no leadership and no chance of success whatsoever as long we keep allowing right wing careerists into the union.

Yeah, wasn't overly impressed with the whole approach, when I was in college back in the good times in 2003, the approach back then seemed exactly the same as now.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Just a quick question, is there somewhere for posting about events that may interest ITT students ?

kingdumb wrote: »
    Just a quick question, is there somewhere for posting about events that may interest ITT students ?

You're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic. That's a really good idea by-the-way :)

• Advertisement

Hope the semester is going well for all in IT Tralee :)

Keep up the hard-work guys; it will all be worth it once the year is over!

kerry4sam

Advertisement