Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello IT Tralee people

Options
  • 15-10-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

IT Tralee people say hello :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'd also like to say a HUGE hello to all ITTralee students out there, past and present.

Don't hesitate in getting in touch if you have any ideas for this, your forum, or anything at all folks.

It's great to see the forum up & running.

Wishing it every success now,
    kerry4sam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Hello :)

At last! great to see the IT with its own dedicated forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Hello!
    Good to see this get off the ground, hopefully it will be good forum for all of us at ITT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Finally!

thanks LoLth and anyone else involved in making this happen.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lynk

Yay!

Great to see the college get a section on here. In first year, digging it so far.

• Advertisement

Just a quick note to the mods: I can't see ITTralee in the drop down menu in the EDU section just thought I'd let ye know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Opinicus wrote: »
    Just a quick note to the mods: I can't see ITTralee in the drop down menu in the EDU section just thought I'd let ye know.

Yeah I've noticed that myself, not too sure what it is but I'm working on it! :)

Opinicus wrote: »
    Yeah I've noticed that myself, not too sure what it is but I'm working on it! :)

Yeah I've been told that with all new forums that it takes just a bit for it to appear in the drop downs when the server refreshes the menu lists, and your local cache updates

Thanks Opinicus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah I've been told that with all new forums that it takes just a bit for it to appear in the drop downs when the server refreshes the menu lists, and your local cache updates

Thanks Opinicus.

A ha, that explains that so.

Looks like my PM's were in Vain!

A ha, that explains that so.

Looks like my PM's were in Vain!

not at all Grand_Rajnah. Keep em on their toes eh ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Folie a deux

Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Hi All

Enjoy the Graduation today.

So what courses are you guys doing? doing games dev myself, fun course but certainly keeps you on your toes.

Oh yes, and good luck those graduating today.

Software Dev here TREK! What year you in?

2nd year where the real fun :rolleyes: begins. I think I saw a post of yours saying your 3rd year? fair play to you surviving DB and SAD, you will have to share your secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm 1st year Game Dev, things were going nicely till we started doing Loops in Just Basic. If the first 2 months of first semester are as intense as they are (workload more so than difficulty) god help me as the course progresses.

You will be grand, just keep at it, don't let it snowball on you (if your having trouble be sure to ask someone). It is intense but eventually you will hit a point here everything will fall into place and you will suddenly realise why your doing allot of the things you are doing. I presume you have JB for programming (legend :D ), he wont be long sorting any problems your having.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah JB is a hero, love the way he layouts his lectures in that you end up doing most of the stuff yourself, very approachable too. I'm happy with the course and I don't mind the workload either, its just when you start to do something you don't understand (I found Justbasic to be fairly easy up till we started doing loops) that's when I start to get a bit worried.

Trek: I was actually doing Games Dev for a while til I switched to Software Dev. I take it you have RS for your Graphics and Games modules? He explains things very well. It just wasn't something I was really interested in and I realised I'd prefer Software.
    You'll be doing a lot more C# than I did so. I'm only touching on it again in OOAD. Once you get to grips with Java though they're all much of a muchness.
    DB and SAD can be pretty boring but you'll be surprised at how much of it you'll use later on down the line.
    I found that a lot of the heavy lifting is done in second year and what we're doing in third year now is just building on what we did last year.

Siblers: JB is the man. He teaches and explains things very well. You'll be surprised at how concepts will puzzle you for a while and then just click.
    I barely passed OOP1 cos I just couldn't come to grips with Java and the whole object-oriented approach. I came back in second year and I was flying! I hadn't even done much coding over the summer, it just seemed like the ideas had time to sink into my thick skull:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Glad the forum was passed. Typical H&L student here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hey, former IT Tralee student here!

Advertisement