Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange question asked to me before voting...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Gergiev wrote: »
    The reference to marking the register (not the ballot as you stated - if that was the case the vote would be traceable which cause uproar) is later in the manual in the event of a voter (voluntarily) declining any ballot paper.

Maybe I phrased it wrong - we marked on the register which ballots the voter took.
    Were you acting as Presiding Officer or Poll Clerk?

Poll clerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Maybe I phrased it wrong - we marked on the register which ballots the voter took.

Poll clerk.

RN, if this was your first outing as an electoral officer then it was a good one from the point of view of gaining experience with dealing with a presidential election and 2 referenda on the one day.

Plus the debate here has raised some other issues that give us all back-up perspective for future elections.

Thanks for the input and best of luck with all...

Advertisement