Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

AntiRip wrote: »
    Any problems with 3 of you doing fitness apps? I suppose if you are all using different technologies it shouldn't be a problem.

Thinking of an algorithm I suppose is the key issue?

They want the 3 of us to meet up to make sure we go in different directions. I'll either end up using shimmer sensors to record a person's activities or else come up with a new idea. The lecturers made a big deal about the algorithms alright, seems to be one of the most important elements of the project

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

siblers wrote: »
    They want the 3 of us to meet up to make sure we go in different directions. I'll either end up using shimmer sensors to record a person's activities or else come up with a new idea. The lecturers made a big deal about the algorithms alright, seems to be one of the most important elements of the project

some sort of a running feature included - measure speed using accelerometer or some such ?

We should have all pitched fitness apps for the craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Something like this for Android would be cool.
    http://www.behance.net/gallery/MeterMe-Fitness-Application/6244843

Not sure about the scope of it, it may not be 'complicated enough' or too advanced altogether. Beautiful and very clean UI though.

Something like this for Android would be cool.
    http://www.behance.net/gallery/MeterMe-Fitness-Application/6244843

Not sure about the scope of it, it may not be 'complicated enough' or too advanced altogether. Beautiful and very clean UI though.

Oohhhh that's nice !

JFlah wrote: »
    some sort of a running feature included - measure speed using accelerometer or some such ?

We should have all pitched fitness apps for the craic

Yeah I was thinking of someting like that, use GPS etc to log where they ran as well. Think there's libraries availble for a lot of that stuff so it might not be crazy hard to do. There's a few different directions I can take it in at least which is pretty good.

That Meter.Me App is pure filth

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking of someting like that, use GPS etc to log where they ran as well. Think there's libraries availble for a lot of that stuff so it might not be crazy hard to do. There's a few different directions I can take it in at least which is pretty good.

That Meter.Me App is pure filth

Yeah I think ye all have plenty of scope to produce 3 totally different projects.

Cross platform/hybrid app built on html5 is an option too - build once available on multiple platforms is a great angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Cross platform/hybrid app built on html5 is an option too - build once available on multiple platforms is a great angle.

That's a great idea with the HTML5. Also I think C++ is a cross platform language.

Also have a look at this
    http://phonegap.com

Really really cool stuff.

That's a great idea with the HTML5. Also I think C++ is a cross platform language.

Also have a look at this
    http://phonegap.com

Really really cool stuff.

phonegap is unreal LOADS of tutorials available on it too

Sweet. I'm gonna try make a basic app over the summer just to give me an idea of what to do. I kinda like the idea that we get to implement the project straight away instead of having to start in semester 2. Gives more time to focus on the code etc

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

Sweet. I'm gonna try make a basic app over the summer just to give me an idea of what to do. I kinda like the idea that we get to implement the project straight away instead of having to start in semester 2. Gives more time to focus on the code etc

Yeah, they were saying it'll be more agile compared to just all research first and coding after. Good to have a head start too over the summer. I heard last years crowd started September not even having a project idea. Adding a few unique twists to those gym app ideas is the next step :D

• Advertisement

Can any of ye see what actual marks ye got for work experience? I got 30 credits but can't see the breakdown of marks.

Can any of ye see what actual marks ye got for work experience? I got 30 credits but can't see the breakdown of marks.
    Yeah I can see mine now but previously I couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

2vxf8n5.gif

2vxf8n5.gif

Ditto.....:D

Any progress on 4thprojects over the summer guys??

Not a single thought about it yet !

I'm working full time over the summer so hoping that'll stand to me but on the flip side, I've had very little time to think about the project. It could be a hectic semester ahead!
    I've noticed the new module list for 4th year is on ITT website. At least we have a better idea of what to expect now.

gbro800 wrote: »
    I'm working full time over the summer so hoping that'll stand to me but on the flip side, I've had very little time to think about the project. It could be a hectic semester ahead!
    I've noticed the new module list for 4th year is on ITT website. At least we have a better idea of what to expect now.

Great I must have a look .

Same as you been working over the summer so no time to think about project.
    Hopefully I have learned enough useful stuff that I can incorporate though.

Been focusing on my java repeat so didn't do anything with it. Are ye going to that video bridging thing we have?

Been focusing on my java repeat so didn't do anything with it. Are ye going to that video bridging thing we have?

If we had got more notice it would have helped .. I am only available for 2 days but I'll go to those.

Same as timetables 3/4 months to sort things out and then it ends up last minute

How was Java hope it went well.

If we had got more notice it would have helped .. I am only available for 2 days but I'll go to those.

Same as timetables 3/4 months to sort things out and then it ends up last minute

How was Java hope it went well.

Have it Thursday, every extra day helps :pac:

• Advertisement

Have it Thursday, every extra day helps :pac:

Best of luck with it I thought they were over.

Software was last week from what I gathered and OOAD isn't till next week, i've no idea when the results are out though.

Software was last week from what I gathered and OOAD isn't till next week, i've no idea when the results are out though.
    Very late to be getting results before 4th Year.

OOAD ........ shiver!!

Just had it there, if we had that paper back in Christmas i'd definitley have passed. I hope I did enough as we had a very handy question on BST but I thought the same back in Christmas so **** knows :pac:

Just had it there, if we had that paper back in Christmas i'd definitley have passed. I hope I did enough as we had a very handy question on BST but I thought the same back in Christmas so **** knows :pac:

I'm sure you'll be grand you sound happy enough with it.

Hopefully ye get grades back fairly quickly now.

I'm sure you'll be grand you sound happy enough with it.

Hopefully ye get grades back fairly quickly now.

Tuesday week. I'll feel kinda daft going to the video bridging without knowing my results!

Tuesday week. I'll feel kinda daft going to the video bridging without knowing my results!

That's 2 that are going :)

I assumed it was compulsory to do the Video Bridge course? I'm going anyway, might be interesting in the TV studio, I'll be a complete noob to that kind of stuff :D

gbro800 wrote: »
    I assumed it was compulsory to do the Video Bridge course? I'm going anyway, might be interesting in the TV studio, I'll be a complete noob to that kind of stuff :D

It is compulsory I think but they left it so late to tell people that I'm not sure if everyone is available ... I can only do 2 maybe 3 days as it is.

• Advertisement

It is compulsory I think but they left it so late to tell people that I'm not sure if everyone is available ... I can only do 2 maybe 3 days as it is.

Yeah, pity it can't be organized in advance. I know a UCC student, he got his 4th year timetable weeks ago. We'll probably get ours the day before we start:pac:

Advertisement