Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The week coming is probably gonna be the most horrendous week of college yet. Although it will probably be a stroll in the park compared to some of the weeks down the line :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

most of the assignment deadlines will be gone after these 2ks, we can concentrate more on the project then, the last couple of weeks might be the worst, finishing the project design plus a couple of big assignments around the same time

What a week, today was an awful struggle trying to do research. Had to give up at around 7pm and just gonna relax for the night now. Back to the grindstone again tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

siblers wrote: »
    What a week, today was an awful struggle trying to do research. Had to give up at around 7pm and just gonna relax for the night now. Back to the grindstone again tomorrow :pac:

I actually managed some practical work on project for the 1st time in ages.... then I looked at databases and gave up ... very very depressing .

JFlah wrote: »
    I actually managed some practical work on project for the 1st time in ages.... then I looked at databases and gave up ... very very depressing .

Yeah, I'm just trying to understand how to read data from accelerometers, never mind how to put in on a cloud database. Struggling to wonder if it's worth all this :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm just trying to understand how to read data from accelerometers, never mind how to put in on a cloud database. Struggling to wonder if it's worth all this :confused:

Yeah I'm thinking having a life might be better

Is there a teeny tiny glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLHboTJHAgntSa21yEJ61snThl5hx0NTNM4xdJ5xnpNAqF5Ga4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Stay Positive. Almost there now :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV04aM9wNactpm69j-wT0PxGdisqQZXVERek-6o5q89rJm49tD

Nice sense of relief after today. There is hope!

That's been some tough week... might manage to take a few minutes off now

• Advertisement

Oh how naive we were!

No light, No light ..........

The only light we'll get to see is the light effect we need to add in to After Effects project, haha

And I foolishly thought some of the weeks before Christmas were tough.....:eek:

They were :D Don't like exam study. would rather being doing stuff instead of reading over theory

gbro800 wrote: »
    They were :D Don't like exam study. would rather being doing stuff instead of reading over theory

Tis hard going

It's been all **** really, a non stop flow of absolute **** although today's exam was a bit of a dream to be fair.

It's been all **** really, a non stop flow of absolute **** although today's exam was a bit of a dream to be fair.
    Yeah today was as good as it gets really besides that ...... HORROR

It's been all **** really, a non stop flow of absolute ****

:pac: this made me laugh

no where to hide this year, after studing thru xams we've just a few days off second half of next week before Sem2 starts... definitely will have to rest the brain those few days before we start cracking at our project Monday week

:pac: this made me laugh

no where to hide this year, after studing thru xams we've just a few days off second half of next week before Sem2 starts... definitely will have to rest the brain those few days before we start cracking at our project Monday week

:eek: maybe Tuesday .... Monday to settle back in !
    Roll on Tuesday though desperately need a break... how to join a Multicast group is not the most enjoyable at this time on a Saturday night.

• Advertisement

:eek: maybe Tuesday .... Monday to settle back in !
    Roll on Tuesday though desperately need a break... how to join a Multicast group is not the most enjoyable at this time on a Saturday night.

I'm having a wild Saturday night comparing the Message Passing Paradigm to the Distributed Object Paradigm... think I'll save the rest of RMI till the morning before it gets completely crazy altogether :rolleyes:

I'm having a wild Saturday night comparing the Message Passing Paradigm to the Distributed Object Paradigm... think I'll save the rest of RMI till the morning before it gets completely crazy altogether :rolleyes:

Did he say NO RPC I,m not 100% sure

Did he say NO RPC I,m not 100% sure

True, I was referring to Sockets for message passing paradigm as they pass messages, RMI passes objects. He said no RPC but later mentioned RPC just for comparison? Not sure, main focus is on Sockets, RMI, CORBA, SOAP, REST, I think code is only needed for first two?

I've not started yet as I was finishing AA but having read the above few posts, I can't fecking wait to get stuck in.

I've not started yet as I was finishing AA but having read the above few posts, I can't fecking wait to get stuck in.

there is plenty of it there, didn't realize there was so much to RMI, seems like the biggest exam so far

there is plenty of it there, didn't realize there was so much to RMI, seems like the biggest exam so far

Picking 3 things and that's it !!
    No time for anything else

Picking 3 things and that's it !!
    No time for anything else

Not a hope to prepare for all 4 q's, even with 3 things there will be prioritizing

Not a hope to prepare for all 4 q's, even with 3 things there will be prioritizing

Q 1 & 2 and see how 1 other goes

Q1 should be handy enough ..

Best of luck with results everyone.

• Advertisement

WHY CAN'T THEY BE OUT NOW DAMN IT

Advertisement