Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hope everyone is doing okay though & the work-load isn't too heavy-going?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing okay though & the work-load isn't too heavy-going?! :)

TBH I find it crazy. Semesterisation has major downsides. In the next 4 weeks we have 3 CAs in databases, SAD, Network Fundamentals, Java project, MM project and SAD project and at the same time keep up with all the theory. Am surprised how cool everyone is in class, maybe they don't realise :-).

The 6pm finishes makes it 10 times worse as I have no time in the evening with kids etc. and shattered at night to do anything. The younger ones can stay up till the wee hours of the night.

Other than that it's great! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

AntiRip wrote: »
    TBH I find it crazy. Semesterisation has major downsides. In the next 4 weeks we have 3 CAs in databases, SAD, Network Fundamentals, Java project, MM project and SAD project and at the same time keep up with all the theory. Am surprised how cool everyone is in class, maybe they don't realise :-).

The 6pm finishes makes it 10 times worse as I have no time in the evening with kids etc. and shattered at night to do anything. The younger ones can stay up till the wee hours of the night.

Other than that it's great? Jeez lads that's some going! You'd want to be very committed by the sounds of it.

Hope everything runs smoothly for you all in all other aspects of your life outside of college as this seems fairly heavy-going.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

you just described my life!! not enough hours at moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Im youngish :D but im either wrecked by the time I get home or I have footie training etc. Need to have something to keep my mind off the course. I just try get as much done as possible while in college. Hopefully we'll get the DB assigment tomorrow and can try get it done over the weekend. Multimedia shouldn't be too bad though, should be able to get a good bit done while in class.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Im youngish :D but im either wrecked by the time I get home or I have footie training etc. Need to have something to keep my mind off the course. I just try get as much done as possible while in college. Hopefully we'll get the DB assigment tomorrow and can try get it done over the weekend. Multimedia shouldn't be too bad though, should be able to get a good bit done while in class.

Slightly more than youngish :( we seem to be making no headway just getting more and more to do !! the exams will be good craic ---- ZERO time to study!

JFlah wrote: »
    Slightly more than youngish :( we seem to be making no headway just getting more and more to do !! the exams will be good craic ---- ZERO time to study!

Wonder how many we'll have after christmas, if its more than 2 its gonna be crappy christmas. Studying christmas day i'd say :D

Wonder how many we'll have after christmas, if its more than 2 its gonna be crappy christmas. Studying christmas day i'd say :D
    Good idea that ... waste no day :))

Good idea that ... waste no day :))

Take an hour off for dinner anyway sure, but no more than that. No drink either :D

Take an hour off for dinner anyway sure, but no more than that. No drink either :D
    ah no need for an hour I'll knock dinner back in 15 minutes!!!!

• Advertisement

ah no need for an hour I'll knock dinner back in 15 minutes!!!!

haha :D

In all seriousness though, I'll be taking 2-3 days off for definite. Xmas day for sure & maybe St.Stephens Day. Those couple days downtime as important as study. All work and no play....and all that :)

haha :D

In all seriousness though, I'll be taking 2-3 days off for definite. Xmas day for sure & maybe St.Stephens Day. Those couple days downtime as important as study. All work and no play....and all that :)
    ah yeah at least that hopefully more , it'd be great if DB and SAD exams were split up 1 before 1 after

ah yeah at least that hopefully more , it'd be great if DB and SAD exams were split up 1 before 1 after

For sure, that would be great to split up the 2 biggest theory subjects. Less headaches anyway

Id like to have Java and DB done before christmas, SAD is slightly easier and NF shouldn't be too bad.

Id like to have Java and DB done before christmas, SAD is slightly easier and NF shouldn't be too bad.

I dunno lots of bits of theory in SAD too , hopefully project will get a decent mark take the pressure off a bit .. it,ll all work out ok fingers crossed

For SAD do we just need screenshots from Visual Studio? I had a couple taken but I fecked up when saving my file. Don't wanna waste time re-doing them.

For SAD do we just need screenshots from Visual Studio? I had a couple taken but I fecked up when saving my file. Don't wanna waste time re-doing them.

I'm praying thats all ... have no idea how to program them I had 5 screens done but saving is a ba**s and i lost them :(

Yeah, save mine to desktop and then transferred to X Drive but Visual Studio wasn't having any of it. Easy enough to make the sample screens though

Yeah, save mine to desktop and then transferred to X Drive but Visual Studio wasn't having any of it. Easy enough to make the sample screens though

Yeah not so bad I think just add them to your document as you go hopefully will stop the saving issues. Not liking the DB assignment at all :( it's a tricky one

Superb timetable, can't wait for it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

1 before, 2 after so not too bad. Just glad we are nearly done with the group work, what a ****ing nightmare.

Quite simply OMG !!!!

Yeah, next 2 weeks or so are going to be absolutley insane.

God I hate Visual Studio, anytime I open an existing project I fully expect it to throw up about a 100 errors. Spent 5 hours on it today doing the buttons etc and closed it and re-opened it and the stupid thing wouldnt open. Eventually got it to work after a pretty horrendous few minutes

God I hate Visual Studio, anytime I open an existing project I fully expect it to throw up about a 100 errors. Spent 5 hours on it today doing the buttons etc and closed it and re-opened it and the stupid thing wouldnt open. Eventually got it to work after a pretty horrendous few minutes

Could'nt agree more it's possibly the WORST bit of software ever

Have you much code done for it? I can navigate around the various screens and I have a clear function that clears fields, but I couldn't figure out how trying to remove something from the system. The DVDSYS code didn't make much sense.

Have you much code done for it? I can navigate around the various screens and I have a clear function that clears fields, but I couldn't figure out how trying to remove something from the system. The DVDSYS code didn't make much sense.

have 4 screens with code added all good code as far as I can see but when i run it it freezes on the first screen!!!! making me want to scream at the moment.
    to clear something do whateveritscalled.Text = ""

i think that clears the text

I can use the clear function and no entry made functions but on the dvdsys the way you can register a dvd then remove it, I wasn't able to do that for mine

So happy to have the java done with, found it tough aul going. Finishing line getting ever closer.

• Advertisement

So happy to have the java done with, found it tough aul going. Finishing line getting ever closer.

Yes I,m having a much needed night off tonight , it's beginning to come together at last
    Great to have the Java done parked and forgotten

Advertisement