Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Snow socks deal on groupon €44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Has anyone actually received their Snow Socks?

I ordered on 29th October and I note there was a 28 day delivery period but with over 1400 subscribers on this Irish offer alone (I see the offer was also duplicated in various UK voucher schemes) I wonder how long it will be before the socks actually turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

has anyone received their snow shoes yet, I ordered mine on the 29 Oct and still no sign of them

CiniO wrote: »
    I'm still looking for any reasonable offer for snow chains, but nothing available really at good prices.

Lidl are selling snow chains next week it on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

skyguy19 wrote: »
    Lidl are selling snow chains next week it on their site

Thanks.
    I've seen that already posted here, and will be the first one next Monday queuing in Lidl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

is it easy to fit the snow chains,or do you have to take off the wheel first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

horse7 wrote: »
    is it easy to fit the snow chains,or do you have to take off the wheel first.

You don't have to take wheels off, but it's not easy.
    If you never done it before, I'd reckon 30 minutes would be minimum to fit them just to learn how to do it in front of your house on sunny day.

In bad conditions (and that's usually the case when you need them) you might not be able to fit them at all if you never trained doing it before.

After few times fitting them, probably 10 minutes would be average time, even in bad condition (dark, snowing, etc).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

has anyone received their snow shoes yet, I ordered mine on the 29 Oct and still no sign of them

Nope, not yet

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

can i get snow socks that will fit more than 1 car.(like adjustable)

Snow socks would only fit more than one car if the cars involved had the exact same tyre size. Snow socks are a close fit hence the trouble some people experience putting them on and taking them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jkeane234

The ones from http://www.motorsock.ie/ are adjustable. I bought 2 sets just to have them in the boot of each car, they fit most cars. Theres a size chart on the website Plus I got mine the same week I paid for them.
    The snow chains are probably excellent for somebody living somewhere like the Conor pass but I'd be worried it I put them on incorrectly or drove on a road where the snow wasn't quite deep enough that they'd come off & wreck the bodywork, brakes etc.
    Paddy Power giving odds of 7/2 on snowfall in Dublin on Christmas Day alone. The chance of snow other days must be pretty odds on.

• Advertisement

Please can you explain more on how this snow sock is adjustable as I cannot see any details on that aspect on the website?

I see the claim now on the Home Page......hmmm very good but does that mean that this snow sock fits every tyre from R13 to R18?

Do you know how is that level off adjustment achieved and maintained at 50KPH?

When I bought Weiss socks in the past they were very particular about the size ordered being aligned to tyre size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

You are all wasting your money, there will be no snow this year.

Please do not spoil this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

The last prediction you made was that Dublin wouldn't win the All Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

An ambitious statement to make

Never say never but would be handy to have a set in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I don't know how well you are up with how a calendar works but there has been snow already this year.If you've nothing constructive to post in this thread, please don't post at all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So if we are looking at 28 days for delivery we should have had them already I would have thought.
    So do we give it to the end of the week before we start to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

whitefoot wrote: »
    I see the claim now on the Home Page......hmmm very good but does that mean that this snow sock fits every tyre from R13 to R18?

Do you know how is that level off adjustment achieved and maintained at 50KPH?

When I bought Weiss socks in the past they were very particular about the size ordered being aligned to tyre size.

Who is going to be driving at 50kph with snow socks on. If you are driving at that speed you do not need them and are more than likely a danger to yourself or other road users. I think people miss the point. They are for emergencies ie stuck..not for an inch of slush.

yop wrote: »
    So if we are looking at 28 days for delivery we should have had them already I would have thought.
    So do we give it to the end of the week before we start to do something?
    I had a look at the website off what I assume is the despatching company http://www.buysnowsocks.com and they state "Attention Groupon customers! Redeem your voucher as soon as possible. Please allow 28 days for delivery. This delivery time begins upon redeeming your voucher on our website. Redeem your voucher now!!"

The entity that took payment for the shipping cost via PayPal was Boomclick Limited
    13 Upper Baggot Street, 2nd Floor, Dublin , Ireland.

I guess we need to wait for the 28 days to elapse which will be on Saturday 26/11 and then try to expedite using the emails to both companies, info@buysnowsocks.com and niall@boomclick.org

It's curious that not one person on this thread has received a delivery but given how wide spread this promotion was across the UK I guess their warehouse are "snowed" under.

• Advertisement

I have sent two email queries to each off the three email accounts that I had: support@citydeal.ie, info@buysnowsocks.com and niall@boomclick.org.

No reply from any of these accounts.

I checked the Groupon Facebook page and nothing is mentioned there about delivery problems with the Snow Socks nor on the buysnowsocks.com website.

I called Groupon just now on 1800 936927 and the Customer Care guy was very unhelpful with not a hint of empathy. He said the the delivery time was 28 days (and not up to 28 days) and therefore Monday 28/11 is the first day that delivery can be expected. He would not really comment on why there is no customer information on these deliveries on their Facebook site apart from "Why would we".

At this stage I do not care for the selling model at all and thought I did not want to support it any longer, so I asked if I could cancel my order. He said the refund process was that I had to wait until Monday 28/11, then another week to pass to check it was not held up in the post which takes me to Monday 5/12. After that then log the problem with Groupon who would only then contact the supplier. If the supplier was still unable to give an assurance of imminent delivery then a refund would be given after 5-7 days. That would all take until 19/12, which leaves a very sour taste on my first Groupon purchase.

So fingers crossed the delivery does happen but Groupon and their Customer Care have little interest once you have paid so I avoid these deals in the future.

As another poster mentioned I think PayPal should be used for Groupon as this would give some control/assurance back to the purchaser when dealing with a poor service company such Groupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

has anyone received these yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

woodseb wrote: »
    has anyone received these yet?

as it happens, just got a mail saying they are dealing with orders as they were redeemed and hope to have them all shipped by December 16th

not really good enough if it snows by then:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

I just got that too...and also note that it refers to a "pair" when the original order states "four" (and I still have the .pdf voucher to prove it despite all the changes to the site since the order was placed)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭yelselseivad

I think the UK site was offering 4 and the irish site was only offering 2. I did take screenshots of the pages when I placed my original order - which I had to get them to do manually as the payment wouldn't go through on my PC - and I too haven't received anything yet. When I googled the address it looked like it was only a PO box type of thing. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they're just 'snowed under' with orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jackbetal

Anyone get these things yet?? I ordered 2 sets (so that is 2x4) and after e-mailing and ringing I still haven't heard a thing. I will give them another couple of days and after that I might just make a personal call to their premises if I get the chance. I am down €103 at the moment after paying for these.

I had the following email directly back from the supplier:

"Unfortunately due to the high volume of sales we are running behind schedule on the delivery of your order. Your order size is currently out of stock and we are waiting for delivery from our supplier. We are doing everything in our power to make sure we can complete your order as soon as possible.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we ask kindly for your patience in this matter. We will send you an order update next week when we have delivery date confirmed for your order.
    --
    Kind Regards

Kate
    Boomclick

I feel we have all been taken for a ride here as this offer was so extensive that no supplier could despatch all the orders in a reasonable time frame. I also suspect the UK orders are being fulfilled first as no one on this or any other forum posting site I have visited, have received a delivery to Ireland.

Groupon do not want to know about the delay being encountered (they have their cut of the money) and say they do not have access to the suppliers systems and refer enquiries to Boomclick who for their part (are assured our money) can supply when they get around to it. At 40+ Days delivery and still counting these two companies have stitched us up.

A big excess snow sock inventory can now be depleted at their leisure by the per-paid orders we have placed. If we had snow already we would all be more vocal but have no reasonable choice now but to roll over for this cute practise by Groupon and Boomclick.

In the future I will pay the 10Euro extra and buy from Micks Garage to secure a reliable delivery the next day and a customer service response that actually listens and reacts..............I am really not happy but I will not make the mistake of ordering through Groupon or City Deal ever again.

I just put in a paypal claim against groupon, remember if it goes oiver 6 weeks you cannot put in a claim with paypal, so Im covering myself

I received my show socks this morning, for people who think they are getting 4 theres only 2 per pack,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I received my show socks this morning, for people who think they are getting 4 theres only 2 per pack,

So the offer was for 4 and you only got 2???

I have the PDF here with it stating "Set of Four Atli KB Heavy Duty Tyre Snow Socks".

So what do we do if we only get 2?

Thanks

Advertisement