Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Grandmasters doesn't even exist currently. And yeah, Apollo isn't anywhere near it. And no a player that finishes in the low 20s in Masters last season isn't going to get into GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

You can get grandmasters this season no matter what you finished last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Wait... I'm cconfused.... Can someone clarify something for me because at the moment I am totally perplexed... Why were Apollo and being good at starcraft referred to in the same context?? Even if not directly insinuated.

???

NighTxX wrote: »
    You can get grandmasters this season no matter what you finished last season.

Alright, let me restate my point in a more obvious manner - Gregor isn't getting into GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Arciphel wrote: »
    What is everyone else hoping to get out of the coming season?

Won 3 placement matches (of 5) and got placed in platinum. Hoping to stay there this season. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Orizio wrote: »
    Alright, let me restate my point in a more obvious manner - Gregor isn't getting into GM.

lol platinum leaguer talking about gm.... you guys crack me up. low level players really read a lot into ladder rating, currently have pretty nice % win vs high masters, with a decent no. of games, so it cant really be put down to statistical anomaly.
    My clan has won clan wars vs Gm's (VP) , and im easily one of the best in my clan, tbh, the only thing in my way of getting into gm, if anything, is just the amount of time i can put in at the moment. dont know why orizio would make such an ignorant statement, based off last seasons ladder rating...

Seriously guys, might be hard to see from platinum league, but there's alot more to sc2 skill than ladder rating.

btw, i never said dApollo was amazing, though he's prob better than everyone on this forum, just thought it was pretty cool to be matched v someone famous on ladder. I also never said i was guaranteed to get into grandmaster league this season (though its definitely a possibility i think... )

Nice to see the forum hasnt changed, having a good day on ladder, come to gloat a bit, and all the noobies jump down my throat. now i remember why i stopped visiting this forum....
    also, orizio, just wondering, what gives you the faintest idea you know what it takes to get into gm?

Edit, sorry guys if it sounds like im raging at everyone on boards, for the most part its a great community and you're a sound bunch, but with people like orizio, makes it really hard to want to participate in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Edit, sorry guys if it sounds like im raging at everyone on boards, for the most part its a great community and you're a sound bunch, but with people like orizio, makes it really hard to want to participate in.

Ironically nobody detracts more from this community than you.

It would be great to have an Irish person in gm and best of luck to you. Now if you could stop being a dick and running people down that would be nice too.

Running people down? you mean like telling one of the best players in the community hes not gonna get gm? i see.... I've had enough of this ****, might make a post when i get promoted into grandmaster league, til then guys, enjoy your gold league circlejerk...

If any of you guys get bored of your ''monobattles'' and team games, and want to get good, pm me, i can spare time for a few customs, believe it or not, I have given a bit to the community...

@murphzor, i have over 100 times your number of posts, alot of it bull****, but alot of good stuff in there too, so don't talk about detraction from the community, when you have yourself done nothing for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

u mad bro? You gonna pull a milkis on us? "HEY GUYS I AM UPSET I AM LEAVING THIS PLACE, ALSO PLEASE LOOK AT ME, HEY LOOK AT ME GUYS, GUYS Y U NO LOOK AT ME?!?!"

gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

On a more interesting and meaningful note...spotted this tweet earlier:

Online Qualifier for a $20,000 SC2 event in the UK on Nov. 18th! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=281646 Your last chance to win a free trip! Top 2 win!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

lots of respect Unholy, best of luck getting to GM hope you get there :D Would be nice to see a GM in Ireland! + I would love some lessons if you have the time :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think regardless of whether some people think UnholyGregor will make GM or not this season....

the thread is about your aims for Season 4.....so in that sense his post saying he thinks he is on track for that is perfectly fine.
    (I do see how he was posting to boast about his celebrity encounter)

My aim is to get out of Bronzetown. I may be way off the mark with that aim. But it is still my aim.

So he thinks he will make GM, if he doesn't so what? His ranking/gloating doesn't bother me and more importantly doesn't affect my season.

No need to attack him for aiming high.......but at the same time no need to be so defensive for other posters questioning your ability to reach GM.
    As he says, when/if he does achieve it he can then 'come back to gloat'. Thats a better response than running down others.

My pet hate with online play is the term 'noob' being used constantly. (Usually by immature players)
    I stomped on a guy last week and all I got was a rage quit and was calling me a noob, he was also bronze, he is the same feckin level as me. (And considering that I stomped on him he must have been crap!!)

So while Unholy may feel that Orizio (or other Plats/Diamond) are 'noobs'...lets all be mature here and agree that they aren't, they may be lower ranked than a Master, but they are not 'noobs'.

Deep breaths all round, GG GL HF.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

What my brother said, Best of luck getting GM. It would be a seriously impressive feat. And if you know you are playing well, and GM is around the corner, then don't let anyone stop you :)

p.s Meself and Lacoona had the same ****e from boardies when we played top level quake, ego's wanted to control the scene.

murphzor wrote: »
    u mad bro? You gonna pull a milkis on us? "HEY GUYS I AM UPSET I AM LEAVING THIS PLACE, ALSO PLEASE LOOK AT ME, HEY LOOK AT ME GUYS, GUYS Y U NO LOOK AT ME?!?!"

gtfo

''guys y u no look at me'' he posts in all caps...
    sorry for ****ting on the lower leagues guys, just got a bit caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

man don't worry Gregor. If I got insulted by someone calling someone similar to me "this and that" I would have quit the internet along time ago.
    Could people just avoid slinging **** on boards? Its a grand community otherwise.

lol platinum leaguer talking about gm.... you guys crack me up. low level players really read a lot into ladder rating, currently have pretty nice % win vs high masters, with a decent no. of games, so it cant really be put down to statistical anomaly.
    My clan has won clan wars vs Gm's (VP) , and im easily one of the best in my clan, tbh, the only thing in my way of getting into gm, if anything, is just the amount of time i can put in at the moment. dont know why orizio would make such an ignorant statement, based off last seasons ladder rating...

Seriously guys, might be hard to see from platinum league, but there's alot more to sc2 skill than ladder rating.

btw, i never said dApollo was amazing, though he's prob better than everyone on this forum, just thought it was pretty cool to be matched v someone famous on ladder. I also never said i was guaranteed to get into grandmaster league this season (though its definitely a possibility i think... )

Nice to see the forum hasnt changed, having a good day on ladder, come to gloat a bit, and all the noobies jump down my throat. now i remember why i stopped visiting this forum....
    also, orizio, just wondering, what gives you the faintest idea you know what it takes to get into gm?

I find this post hilarious considering (a) you are by far the most bad mannered member of the Irish SC2 community and (b) its a bit sad to see new members who evidently haven't read your posts on this forum ever defending you. There is a reason the long standing members of the SC2 community in Ireland just out and out dislike Gregors in every way.

Anyway, you aren't getting into GM, I was merely busting your always cocky self, feel free to deal with it and leave the long boring self pitying and whining posts out. And no, being in platinum doesn't mean I don't understand how the promotion system works. And no, I don't care about 'slinging ****' about someone like Gregors who has spent the best part of the last year insulting loads of people on these forums until Khazidhea thought him manners (repeatedly) a while back. In fact, we all thought Khaz chased you off somewhere but alas you've returned arrogant as ever despite your numerous 'apologies' in these forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Running people down? you mean like telling one of the best players in the community hes not gonna get gm? i see.... I've had enough of this ****, might make a post when i get promoted into grandmaster league, til then guys, enjoy your gold league circlejerk...

If any of you guys get bored of your ''monobattles'' and team games, and want to get good, pm me, i can spare time for a few customs, believe it or not, I have given a bit to the community...

@murphzor, i have over 100 times your number of posts, alot of it bull****, but alot of good stuff in there too, so don't talk about detraction from the community, when you have yourself done nothing for it...

Its one thing to be good at a game, its also another thing to have a bit of decoram and level headedness while doing it.

You pretty much apitomise what I consider still to be the main reason we will never see any decent irish players on any scene at a high level.

Yeah you have skills, but you have a rubbish attitude, and that sort of carry on and talk simply alienates you further and detracts any support that you could receive.

And believe me if anyone can give you this advise its me, cause I received nothing but alienation, jealousy and abuse from this website when I was involved in proffessional gaming for a number of years, so stop getting on the defensive all the time.

This is literally the first thread i've seen you post and already I can see you fit into the stereotypical irish gamer category.

Best of luck iwth GM and hope it goes well for you, but if ever you want some lessons in how to not alienate the world while you play well at games, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Well at least the forum is active again:)

I approve of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Well my aim is also Grand master ;o

Edit: Since this is a season 4 thread i guess i mean, to get a high enough mmr in season 4 for GM in season 5.

• Advertisement

2dhg2z6.jpg

30v2kwz.jpg

xgeby8.jpg

My goal for this season is pretty simple: Keep it the way it's going for me.

Was Rank 1 Masters in Season 3 with a pretty high win/loss ratio (Screenshot 1). I'd like to continue this form into Season 4 and continue to play (and, occasionally, beat) GM players.

Oh: And I had $53 on my Playhem account after messing around in a few Tournaments last season ^_^ (now I only have 3 :()

EDIT: Yes, I've been smurfing :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Off topic posts deleted. Any more abuse from ANY users will result in further action taken. There is no place for abuse on any forums.

What my brother said, Best of luck getting GM. It would be a seriously impressive feat. And if you know you are playing well, and GM is around the corner, then don't let anyone stop you :)

p.s Meself and Lacoona had the same ****e from boardies when we played top level quake, ego's wanted to control the scene.

Its not Egos man its just jealousy, simple as..

But it doesnt help when the other party just prods the dog in the cage with a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Enderman wrote: »
    Off topic posts deleted. Any more abuse from ANY users will result in further action taken. There is no place for abuse on any forums.

I hope you are referring to the person who came in and dragged the whole thread off topic to start with there?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

2dhg2z6.jpg

30v2kwz.jpg

xgeby8.jpg

My goal for this season is pretty simple: Keep it the way it's going for me.

Was Rank 1 Masters in Season 3 with a pretty high win/loss ratio (Screenshot 1). I'd like to continue this form into Season 4 and continue to play (and, occasionally, beat) GM players.

Oh: And I had $53 on my Playhem account after messing around in a few Tournaments last season ^_^ (now I only have 3 :()

EDIT: Yes, I've been smurfing :/

Do you do any coaching Sinister?

He does indeed (free obviously) - he is usually on 'starcraft.ie' on quakenet most nights.

RichieD wrote: »
    Do you do any coaching Sinister?

Yes, I do. For free. As Orizio said I'm online in-game at starcraft.ie, IRC #starcraft.ie.

Xfire: godsinister
    BNet: Sinister.947

I'd love to help you out (:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well, my goal for Season 4 is to advance from Gold to Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Got placed into silver as is my tendency. Might be nice to get out of silver, but to do it in a way that doesn't involve me playing more than 2 games in the entire season.

I do want to try streaming some more games though. That could be fun.

• Advertisement

Streaming is fun enough, cause you do get genuinelly helpful people on Twitch that plop onto your channel and point a few things out.

I'm 9 wins shy of my 50 protoss mark. I'd initially said 100, but I think I'm going to jump on Zerg and get the 50 wins out of the way.

Then crack Random for 50 wins

And then sit down and make a decision of who I'm going with and focus on in detail.

Advertisement