Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

wingback05 wrote: »
    chinese v's european

I take your point and as I am new to this i will learn as i go along. It is a personal decision to go for juice made in UK and the stuff I got I am very happy with. will i try the chinese juice ? Yes probably. I just have a comfort factor using juice manufactured in the west and the amount of money I am saving being off the cigs easily makes up for the extra i pay for my juice.

The irony here is that the Chinese guys have this thing down to a tee. I've seen pictures of their factories and they are state of the art. It's a pity really to see vendors charging premium prices to supply something based on people's xenophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

To say they are all the exact same isn't accurate, as each company will use different flavours and that's what will ultimately decide how the product tastes (some flavourings will be of higher quality than others, i.e closer to the real thing), otherwise the chemicals used are the same (PG/VG).

At the end of the day, you generally get what you pay for, disregarding price differences for all EU/US juices for a moment...

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-381.html

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-381.html

Both of these are made by Dekang, however I'm assuming the more expensive one (joyetech) is using better quality flavours, some of the price difference is most likely due to better quality flavours, and the rest is for the bells and whistles (fancy packaging)

The same applies for the HG liquids on Heaven Gifts, you get 10ml for the price of 30ml of standard Dekang, I've personally tried these and their flavours were much closer to the real thing and far superior to any other standard Dekang brand I've tried.

Double edit!

I'm not saying that EU/US manufactured juices can reasonably justify their RRP, but it's worth noting, there's a considerable price difference between certain juices in China also, I can't conclusively tell you why tbh, but from my experience they've tasted much better, each and every continent can produce quality e-liquid, but what they retail for, all depends on local production costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

@ Townie1 - nice site , lousy prices :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have updated the vendors sticky. While I welcome a direct line to owners/suppliers it's not my decision to make. All owners should email [email protected] and arrange to become part of the program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wingback05

Hi Can someone give me a link to the suppliers sticky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Here you go:
    Where to buy & other links

A sticky will always be at the top of the first page of threads in a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

My first e-cig was a Screwdriver Mk11 which I loved, but then I switched to the Tornado Tank(same as ego tank) and I loved it so much the SD Mk11 was left in it's box for considerable lengths of time.
    But I recently purchased a conversion kit (which allows me to attach tank attomizers to SD) for the Screwdriver which turned my Screwdriver into a tank, I would really recommend it to anyone, the battery life is fantastic and it's definitely the way to go if you are on a night out.

The silicon caps for the cartridges is a must also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thumbs up to Declan at ezsmoke.ie - very helpful by email, and quick shipping on the stuff I ordered from him.

I just lost yet another battery and broke two chargers, so decided to splash out on a new kit. I got his Ego DCC starter kit for 49.50 delivered. It consists of:

2 - 3.7V (900mah) rechargeable batteries
    1 - atomizer cones
    1 - USB wall adapter (with Irish /UK Plug / Adapter)
    1 - USB eGo battery charger
    1 - pouch
    1 - Instruction manual
    1 - Derlin Drip Tip
    1 - 10ml Dekang Marlboro eLiquid
    5 - Dual Coil Cartomizers (1 pack of 5)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are they normal dcc's or are they the clears pictured?
    i've held off on reccomending that kit to people because of the clears..

They're the ones pictured.

I didn't give them a great review earlier, but have gotten a bit more used to them. Like the Boge ones, you just can't put as much juice in them. The vapour production off them is nice, but a bit cooler than you'd be used to with the regular DCCs. It's not leaking now I've gotten used to just filling it up more often with less.

Still definitely going back to the stainless ones once TBS has them back in stock though. The Boge ones gave off a really burnt taste quite quickly.

• Advertisement

yeah i did notice the dcc's held theirjuice a little longer than the boges, but I preferred the flavour of the boges enough that refilling a bit more often wasn't a deal breaker

got one of the biansi high voltage atomisers from irishvapers today

i remember someone on the forum said they got one a while ago but can't find the post to quote it, anyway im impressed
    it holds quite a few drops and changes flavours well. I vaped some of my diy coconut until slight burnt taste (diy coconut btw is not reccomended) and after that i dripped 7 drops of my new irishvapers cullan juice.. no leaking
    7 drops!

draw is a little tighter than I prefer, but i find that tends to be the way with dripping atomisers. decent atties at any rate, and i think 4 euro a pop atm

-edit

hah, maybe i was wrong. not even a days use and already its giving me weird performance. flavour is very muted, and i only get 2-3 drags before a burnt taste comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I see some of the chemists are stocking Greensmoke kits. Thought they weren't supposed to stock them anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Greensmoke are in the shop down our side. Was having a chat with our local chemist some months ago, and he had never even heard about e cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I received my Throathit Twin 18650 variable mod this morning from Throathit on UKvapers http://ukvapers.com/topic/4828-throathit-twin-18650-variable-mod/

I knew it was good from researching it and looking at reviews but seriously this is an unbelievable piece of kit and I would recommend it to anyone. It feels so solid to hold and you can tell it was made with a lot of love.

It gives between 3V and 5.8V using the dial knob on top. The performance is excellent and it gives the voltage reading under load while vaping with the button pushed in, you just need to look down on the meter as you are vaping to see the indicator.

I've already tried it with a 1.5 ohm dual coil carto with tank at 4v with tobacco flavoured e-liquid and the throathit vapour and flavour are all great. I also tried it with a 3.0hm boge and a nice vanila/chocolate e-liquid at 4.5V with tank and it just performs brilliantly, the most satisfaction I've got since I started vaping.:D

It comes with 2 AW IMR 18650 batterys inside the bombproof case and just needs to be plugged in like a mobile phone to be charged. Going on other reviews I'm sure it will only need to be charged every 2 or 3 days and it can be used while in charging mode also.

I'm not going to say anything about the safety features as its all in the link above if anyone wants to know other than it does have a lot of protection built into it.

Here's a picture of it, I asked Throathit to change the usual red button to black and I also got him to relocate the 510 connection so I'd be able to use a tank on it.

[img][/img]93cc8_thumb.jpg

having to physically restrain myself from pm'ing throathit right now.. it looks pretty great
    and not having to change batteries two or three times a day.. dear god, it sounds like heaven

--edit

just pm'd him. christ I hope it isn't ready the same week as my RTA or i'm screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Great buy newmark, very rarely see them for sale on UKVapers.

I'd say it's a beast :)

having to physically restrain myself from pm'ing throathit right now.. it looks pretty great
    and not having to change batteries two or three times a day.. dear god, it sounds like heaven

--edit

just pm'd him. christ I hope it isn't ready the same week as my RTA or i'm screwed.

Lol.. I knew you would order one, what can I say only you wont regret it and you will see what I mean when it arrives. ;)

derra wrote: »
    Great buy newmark, very rarely see them for sale on UKVapers.

I'd say it's a beast :)

It is, it just needs a nice shiny RTA on it now :)

yeah, i pretty much constantly have 1 battery on charge for the LT and while it's not that big an issue it is kind of annoying. although now that I have the rda and i'm making low ohm coils, I can drop the LT voltage down to under 4v and the battery life is improving. vaping boge 3ohm's at 5v I'd have just about reached the point where I want to change batteries when the green light on my charger would pop on, since I have the rda and am dropping voltages a bit I've been able to just unplug the charger when it goes green and leave it there for a few hours before I need to change.

also, i asked for a gunmetal finish on the throathit.. someone on the ukvapers thread put up a pic of theirs done gunmetal and it looks the ****ing business

• Advertisement

yeah, i pretty much constantly have 1 battery on charge for the LT and while it's not that big an issue it is kind of annoying. although now that I have the rda and i'm making low ohm coils, I can drop the LT voltage down to under 4v and the battery life is improving. vaping boge 3ohm's at 5v I'd have just about reached the point where I want to change batteries when the green light on my charger would pop on, since I have the rda and am dropping voltages a bit I've been able to just unplug the charger when it goes green and leave it there for a few hours before I need to change.

also, i asked for a gunmetal finish on the throathit.. someone on the ukvapers thread put up a pic of theirs done gunmetal and it looks the ****ing business

I seen that gunmetal one alright its a beauty it will be the business with your rta/rda. He also gives the option of posting him the spray of any colour u like and he will spray it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

newmark wrote: »
    It is, it just needs a nice shiny RTA on it now :)

:D
    No messing around with you anyway.

Bulli a2 is well worth considering too, plenty of sites to read up on both of them.
    pros and cons to each of them.

jesus, i was expecting a big backlog.. he said he could have mine finished by the end of the week and shipped out to be by monday at the latest

105 sterling inc fast shipping to Ireland (a tenner extra for the gunmetal point job). it means I'll have to skip one of my dentist appointments in the coming weeks but new toys are always awesome.

Same price as me so ur going for car charger as well then its 12 sterling less without that. Well ur teeth are probably all the better for not smoking anyway so it will be grand lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Lol.. I knew you would order one, what can I say only you wont regret it and you will see what I mean when it arrives. ;)

Guys, for years now new technology has usually meant devices getting smaller, but not in this case. It may work very well, but looks ridiculous IMO It's like one of old brick mobile phones :)

nah, no car charger but the gunmetal paint is an extra tenner so it all works out the same as yours that way I guess

guess Ill have to get some 1.5ohm dual coils to try them out properly at a high voltage :)

achieve wrote: »
    Guys, for years now new technology has usually meant devices getting smaller, but not in this case. It may work very well, but looks ridiculous IMO It's like one of old brick mobile phones :)

yeah but the lavatube/provaris are also pretty damn big to be taking out and about

this at least, while being pretty big looking will last for 1.5-2 days on a charge with heavy use which is just incredible when you're used to recharging the lavatube batts every 5-6 hours

achieve wrote: »

Personally i go for performance and safety before looks and this performs and is extremely safe, its probably one of the safest mods built. It is also only the same size as a 20 box of cigarettes so couldnt look any more ridiculous than we all did for years with ciggies. But honestly I love the look of this mod as well and at least it doesn,t look like a vibrator like some other shiny mods, its like eliquid everyone has different taste :-)

that was always my fear about getting a provari.. the obvious dildo jokes that were sure to come in the pub

at least now that I have a multimeter and will soon have the throathit, I wont need to get a provari :)

so in a very important way, I'm saving money

• Advertisement

that was always my fear about getting a provari.. the obvious dildo jokes that were sure to come in the pub

at least now that I have a multimeter and will soon have the throathit, I wont need to get a provari :)

so in a very important way, I'm saving money

I was the same, was thinking of getting the provari v2 but it was the battery capabilities that swung it for me in the end. I just wanted something that performs properly and was convenient to use battery wise.
    The throathit is ideal for travelling with, camping/fishing trips etc and to be able to charge in the car as well and vape while charging it just works for me.

Advertisement