Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Ah Rip seems a decent sort, he is a bit irritating though :) I like Twisted420 and the Vaping Bogan the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Have to give a shout out to Bargain Vapours.

I ordered Nic base yesterday morning and it arrived at my office this morning, less than 24 hours later!

Great service. Cheap prices (and the postage charge was less than what An Post charged them!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ah Rip seems a decent sort, he is a bit irritating though :) I like Twisted420 and the Vaping Bogan the most.

He may well be sound as a pound, but I can't get through one of his vids. I just don't like his style at all. It's much like other youtubers, in other categories, who use that stop-start, in your face, overly-enthusiastic-about-every-word style.

I watch the other usuals though, Vaping chronicles, suck my mod etc ... depends, I'm more inclined to watch juice reviews and tank reviews than anything on building or drippers. Maybe Rip is good for that side of things?

Yeah, I watch him only for rebuilding tutorials. I haven't found anyone who gives as clear, detailed and concise instructions. I tend to watch Twisted and Suck My Mod for tanks and mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The vaping chronicles guy is the worst, I don't know why but I can't stand him. I like Grimm green, todd and pbusardo the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah Grimm sounds like a douche if you listen to him long enough. Shíte at building coils too.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I find Rip ok once you get past the first bit of the video where he acts as mad as a bag of cats very clear and easy to follow tutorials. I like Vaping With Vic but just because I think he's funny not because he's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Double post ahoy!!
    Got myself a couple of 50w iSticks today. Just found out how seriously over powered the 20w version is too. Using 2 Kayfuns both 1.3 ohm coils vaping at a respectable 12-12.5 on the 20w sat one on the new mod 12.5 watts got some flavour little bit of cloud thought bugger its a dud. Turned it up to 15w a bit better big sigh of relief tried 20w just on the edge of burning the cotton so now merrily puffing away at 16w and getting the same hit. 4 watts in the difference.

EGriff wrote: »
    The vaping chronicles guy is the worst, I don't know why but I can't stand him. I like Grimm green, todd and pbusardo the best.

Yeah Todd is another I used to watch but he does do mostly builds. I'd watch him when he does a juice review, or a simple device that even i can understand :D Same goes for Grimm's vids. PB is always solid, but man, his videos don't have get long winded!

Actually one of my fav's was JT the juice man, those guys were funny. But they go missing for about 3 months after every few vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I like all those that was mentioned,here is another I like,straight to the point & excellent explanation & builds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0Hf4BrR4k

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

I've been a happy Aspire Nautlius Mini with a Vision Spinner user for a while now. I don't keep up to date with most of the latest developments, but am considering spashing out on a eleaf iStick 50w and an Aspire Atlantis 2.

I presume the 50w iStick will be able to handle the sub ohm coils? Any idea on what wattage you'd need to be using to vape using 0.5 ohm coil? Finally, what is the great advantage of these sub ohm coils? Is it massive vape hits? I tend to be happy with the vaping from a BVC coil and the battery running at around 4w.

Finally, considering I'm not looking for that enormous vape effect, am I overindulging by going with that kit? I want the iStick for the battery life and design, but what does the Atlantis give that the Nautlius doesn't?

Cheers.

Yes, the 50w can handle down to .2 ohms. I wouldn't bother with it for all the reasons you've given. It is made more for big direct lung inhales, not mouth to lung drags like you'd smoke a cigarette. If you are in the mood to try something different but don't want the big lung hfits of the Atlantis then I'd look in to getting a decent rebuildable like a Taifun GT (clone if you prefer, they're almost as good). The vape is much better than a nautilus when you build the coil right. Much cheaper in the long run too. Building coils is easy for me and I can barely put the little toys in a kinder egg together.

The iStick will work just fine with the Nautilus too, and the battery will last for ages using that on it. Just because it goes to 50w, doesn't mean you have to use it that high ... for now ;) but nice to have the option there. The Atlantis is a great tank, I love mine. I have 2 Nautilus and barely touch them now since I got it. I got used to sub ohm vaping pretty fast, and now prefer direct lung inhales to your standard mouth to lung. But I wouldn't suggest to anyone new-ish to vaping to go buy one, not until they have tried one out first. And felt comfortable about lung inhaling.

I can say that I went from 18mg not too long ago, using evods, iClear 30s and the Nautilus, to 6mg in the Atlantis. Only real problem is the thing drinks juice up so fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Yes, the 50w can handle down to .2 ohms. I wouldn't bother with it for all the reasons you've given. It is made more for big direct lung inhales, not mouth to lung drags like you'd smoke a cigarette. If you are in the mood to try something different but don't want the big lung hfits of the Atlantis then I'd look in to getting a decent rebuildable like a Taifun GT (clone if you prefer, they're almost as good). The vape is much better than a nautilus when you build the coil right. Much cheaper in the long run too. Building coils is easy for me and I can barely put the little toys in a kinder egg together.

Agree completely.

Im very near to selling my Atlantis and aspire battery. The lung hits just arent for me. I finally used a Taifun GT i bought 8 months ago last night. Its a really nice tank, super flavour. I prefer the Kayfun lite plus but its not far off.

The Ehpro clones of the Kayfun lite are v well made and available from Irish vendors for around €30.

Really wish some of the new tanks might be aimed at the mouth to lung side of things.

The Aqua v2 is a brilliant option. One coil, normal drip tip, half open airflow. Mouth to lung.

Dual coils, wide bore tip, fully open airflow and you can do full lung hits. Cheap as chips from FT and it comes with a dripper top too if you're so inclined.

Pique wrote: »
    The Aqua v2 is a brilliant option. One coil, normal drip tip, half open airflow. Mouth to lung.

Dual coils, wide bore tip, fully open airflow and you can do full lung hits. Cheap as chips from FT and it comes with a dripper top too if you're so inclined.

Have you used the Lemo Pique? How does it compare to Aqua V2 if so?

Trond wrote: »
    Agree completely.

Im very near to selling my Atlantis and aspire battery. The lung hits just arent for me. I finally used a Taifun GT i bought 8 months ago last night. Its a really nice tank, super flavour. I prefer the Kayfun lite plus but its not far off.

The Ehpro clones of the Kayfun lite are v well made and available from Irish vendors for around €30.

Really wish some of the new tanks might be aimed at the mouth to lung side of things.

Have you used a Genesis? I did my first successful build on a Kraken last night and it vapes well. I haven't used a KFL, onoy a 3.1, the taifun has that beat in pretty much every way. I'm interested in the Aqua V2, the Lemo or the KFV4/L+ for ny next one. I'd rather get it in the swap thread though :/

It's very possible to mouth-to-lung inhale with the Atlantis. Just change the drip tip, and close it down to the smallest hole. It's like a better Nautilus!

If I buy another standard tank though, it'll be the Eleaf gs air. As I've heard they top the nautilus, and are good to 20w

Have you used the Lemo Pique? How does it compare to Aqua V2 if so?

Haven't used it I'm afraid. Came straight from my old reliable KFL/Russian 91%.
    This is the one I have anyway https://www.fasttech.com/products/2022300

I also got lazy and ordered these from FT :ohttps://www.fasttech.com/products/1995003

2 of them = 0.5ohm and that will be just dandy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

0.4mm diameter? That can't be right can it? Good luck getting your cotton in there if it is :pac:

EGriff wrote: »
    0.4mm diameter? That can't be right can it? Good luck getting your cotton in there if it is :pac:

lol I hope not. Someone said they used them for their Lemo, so should be OK. Will find out in 2 months when they get here :P

It's very possible to mouth-to-lung inhale with the Atlantis. Just change the drip tip, and close it down to the smallest hole. It's like a better Nautilus!

If I buy another standard tank though, it'll be the Eleaf gs air. As I've heard they top the nautilus, and are good to 20w

I think its still very harsh compared to the Nautilus even using the smallest hole.

It really wasn't manufactured for the mouth to lung side of things.

Trond wrote: »
    I think its still very harsh compared to the Nautilus even using the smallest hole.

It really wasn't manufactured for the mouth to lung side of things.

Did you try a standard drip tip? I've tried it a few times, just to see how it goes, and could mouth-to-lung pretty easy. it's a little stronger alright. But as I'm on half the nic strength I used to use, it's very vapable to me. The second smallest hole, with a nautilus drip tip, is actually very pleasant for lighter lung inhales. Good way to kind of break into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

MY poor Eleaf is starting to give me hassle, its not treading right with both my mini nautilius and the connection has become very poor. Just waiting for it not to connect at all soon. Anybody come across this issue before. Its only about 4 months old max.:(

Glebee wrote: »
    MY poor Eleaf is starting to give me hassle, its not treading right with both my mini nautilius and the connection has become very poor. Just waiting for it not to connect at all soon. Anybody come across this issue before. Its only about 4 months old max.:(

Is that the 20w? Did it come with an ego adapter? Attach that to the istick now and then you'll only have to remove the tank from the adapter saving the threads. It'll look better with a "beauty ring" around it.

I've heard of people fixing it by taking the top off and replacing the grommet with one from a standard aspire coil. Id say you'd find instructions somewhere.

I lost my 20W before anything went wrong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is that the 20w? Did it come with an ego adapter? Attach that to the istick now and then you'll only have to remove the tank from the adapter saving the threads. It'll look better with a "beauty ring" around it.

Good idea with the ego adaptor, but it just slips in and out of the threaded area. Connecting the nautilius mini directly just about catches the threads.
    Will try and get the ego adapor to fix in permanent some how..

*LOL, if I just hold the ego ring in place it works....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Try a bit of plumbers tape around the Nautilus threads. Should give you a little more purchase on the eleaf threads. :)
    Good idea with the ego adaptor, but it just slips in and out of the threaded area. Connecting the nautilius mini directly just about catches the threads.
    Will try and get the ego adapor to fix in permanent some how..

*LOL, if I just hold the ego ring in place it works....

Advertisement