Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everdrive MD \ SNES

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any idea how long these will take to ship?

When did they open for orders?

I saw his post on Twitter about the pre-order about 15 minutes after he posted it and that was Saturday evening. Ordered one straight away.

Coming from KRIKzz himself via Retrogate in the Ukraine usually takes between 1-2 weeks to arrive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That day will be a great great day, like Klingon Opera Epic! Time to to get in the Bloodworm pie and some prune juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Doge

Small update for Everdrive MD,

big update for SD2SNES:

http://www.nightfallcrew.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

This is one of the coolest vids ever.

The best way to do software emulation is using hardware emulation baby :D

Anyone here got one?

• Advertisement

Turbo Everdrive shipped today. Should have it late next week or the week after. Can't wait. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anyone know if the sd2snes can run fx2 games? Mainly starfox2 , cant seem to find a definite answer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Relikk wrote: »
    Turbo Everdrive shipped today. Should have it late next week or the week after. Can't wait. :pac:

I shall be patiently waiting for my email..... damn it's not here yet!

Not yet. Ikari is still working on Super FX but, it should be implemented within the next few months judging from the latest reports and it's in his own best interests to get it done as quick as possible. A lot of people have invested in the SD2SNES for that reason.

Turbo ED arrived this morning. :)

10ekkft.jpg

There were worries that there'd be some problems with region and RGB modded consoles that the card would be trying to draw too much power and wouldn't work. It happened to some people with the Tototek flash card but, I'm happy to report that my Turbo ED has worked flawlessly so far. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Turbo ED arrived this morning. :)

What was your order number ? If you don't mind me asking, just wondering how far back on the queue I am.

Thanks, looks like a while to wait..

My order number is somewhere in the order of 60 odd after you Relikk, fingers crossed that means the wait won't be too long before really cool things start to happen for my TG-16!
    Must order a more traditional pad, I only have the stick.
    Might use this as an opportunity to get the 6 button one.

Well that didn't take too long. Shipped :)

Well that didn't take too long. Shipped :)

Yeah, mine just shipped as well! Awesome Sauce!

I seem to be having issues with my 4gb micro sd in my Turbo Everdrive. It's not reading folders and as lot of the roms are corrupted. What size card are others using and does the device support zipped files?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I seem to be having issues with my 4gb micro sd in my Turbo Everdrive. It's not reading folders and as lot of the roms are corrupted. What size card are others using and does the device support zipped files?

Remember, only 224 roms per folder on the current firmware.
    That might be causing issues if you have more.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My everdrive doesnt read zip files and i remember having issues with certain rom file extensions. throw a load of different types on and see which ones it reads.

No, there is only 210 files to read, so it's not that.
    It won't see folders at all, when I divide them up by letter.
    I just dump them all unzipped onto the stick and it only sees a few consecutive ones, the rest are corrupt.
    I'm going to try a different card reader, try a full format of the sd card and, finally, try a different card if all else fails.
    After that it'll be a sniper rifle on the roof of Tesco, taking shots into the car park.... again...

• Advertisement

Ah, it looks like I have a lot of bad dumps in this batch of legitimately held rom images......

Will... erm.... rip my legally owned Hucards again... or something.....

There was some discussion on assemblergames about a similar problem with bad roms. I think the goodpce romset was recommended.

Collected mine this morning so will try it out this evening.

Master of the Universe

Ah, it looks like I have a lot of bad dumps in this batch of legitimately held rom images......

Will... erm.... rip my legally owned Hucards again... or something.....

Glad to hear it's just the roms and not your cart. Try dumping them all again :D

Turned out the problems were a combination of bad rom dumps, now mostly fixed, and a flaw in the OS that the Turbo Everdrive shipped with.
    We are now into OS version 2, and this will let you see all your files on a SDHC Micro SD that is formatted with FAT32.
    The only way my Turbo Everdrive could see my games was via plain ordinary FAT, so now, with a quick update via .pce file, it's all better.
    Here's a link to the update... linky dink pink

Turned out the problems were a combination of bad rom dumps, now mostly fixed, and a flaw in the OS that the Turbo Everdrive shipped with.
    We are now into OS version 2, and this will let you see all your files on a SDHC Micro SD that is formatted with FAT32.
    The only way my Turbo Everdrive could see my games was via plain ordinary FAT, so now, with a quick update via .pce file, it's all better.
    Here's a link to the update... linky dink pink

Would explain why mine doesn't see anything on the SD card at all and just boots into Street Fighter as I guess that's what is currently flashed.

Cheers :D

Hey, I'm here to help citizen....

Just being watchful....

Puttin' out fires where I see 'em....

All, hero-like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Anyone got any ideas of where to get decent stickers done up for an everdrive cart?
    I've still have half of Arnold Palmer's head to peel off.

Master of the Universe

They did them over on StoneAgeGamer when I got mine. Nothing fancy, just a basic black and white label - I think it suits it though.

Everdrivefinished2.jpg

I'd love some plans to tell me where to dremel the holes for the Everdrive MD, save me banjaxing it!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'd love some plans to tell me where to dremel the holes for the Everdrive MD, save me banjaxing it!

Just line the sd cart slot and reset button thingy up with the cart shell and go from there. Unfortunately I made the SD slot way too wide - don't do that!

Advertisement