Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everdrive MD \ SNES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

If you manage to get your hands on one of those elusive sd2snes carts, you can now play a laserdisc game "Road Blaster" on the SNES (source http://dforce3000.de/). Quite an achievement.

Coming in at a hefty 800 MB, this is technical a showcase for what a SNES CD add-on "could have been" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Doge

If you manage to get your hands on one of those elusive sd2snes carts, you can now play a laserdisc game "Road Blaster" on the SNES (source http://dforce3000.de/). Quite an achievement.

Coming in at a hefty 800 MB, this is technical a showcase for what a SNES CD add-on "could have been" :eek:

Ah that's feckin brilliant! Thanks for posting it.

Was only watching videos of Road Blaster the other day, after they appeared in the related videos while watching a gameplay of "RoadBlasters".

That Road Blaster laserdisc game is renowned for having such real life physics! ;)

The SD2SNES (seen as the "ultimate" SNES flash cart) will be available soon to the general public http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556170&postcount=36 Looks like the SD2SNES guy is partnering with the Everdrive guys :D

The SD2SNES (seen as the "ultimate" SNES flash cart) will be available soon to the general public http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556170&postcount=36 Looks like the SD2SNES guy is partnering with the Everdrive guys :D

That is the best news you could hope for with SD2Snes really! :D

Now every retro enthusiast will be able to get their hands on it......
    eventually.

If the price will be lower due to volume, I might just have to buy one along with a SNES!
    Edit: will probably be the opposite actually! The creator is probably making the first batch close to cost.

God damn this forum it has me wanting to buy a vectrex now and everything! :p

Really hope the postman brings my everdrive MD this week.

However there is a new revised hardware "Mega Everdrive" coming soon with a lot of new features. So again, hold off if you can.

Completely forgot about this until today, when I bumped across this thread of features planned for the Everdrive:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36123

The save states, instant loads and firmware update sraight from SD will probably be the most useful features.
    Netplay would be amazing too if he can pull it off, but would be quite difficult to implement.

There's a video of Krizzz demonstrating the save states here, he's using Start + Up / Down to save and load them in-game!

I'm not sure if I'd part with my Everdrive MD to upgrade to this when it comes out.

I think I'll try and beat the games the old fashioned way rather than relying on save states for now.

I'm having an absolute blast with Everdrive MD all week, must take pictures of the finisihed cart soon, and what tools I used.

And after playing Sega emulators for years, I now realize how essential the 60Hz mod is!

Everything feels like it's in slow motion on the real thing.

• Advertisement

megaed_red_cart_front01.png

The new Mega Everdrive Cartridge was released by Krikzz on the 22nd of March.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/krikzzs-mega-everdrive-mega-drive-flash-card-now-available.html

You can buy the PCB on its from Retrogate for $143.

Stone Age Gamer are doing a Deluxe version with a choice of coloured carts and case for $209.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've not got an everdrive so this new version seems to be the one to get.
    It's a bit on the pricey side but I guess its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Roms writing in a couple of seconds?
    Exiting to the ROM menu in game and changing games without resetting?
    Save states???

Ah man, now my Everdrive feels like a piece of junk!

I may convince myself I need this. Leave the old everdrive with the Nomad and use the new one with a console (I hate having to get up off the chair to reset and change game - especially when the write went wrong and the game wont boot)

Looks like KrikZzZZZzzzZz has been taking pre-orders for the SD2SNES since April 19th:

http://shop.retrogate.com/SD2SNES-SD2SNES.htm

dsc0038vf%20(1).jpg

It can be yours for just 190 MILLION DOLLARS!

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Coming soon to gp2x.de and Stone Gamer also:

"This side to BACK of SNES!"

It's almost like staring at a claymore mine as it blows you away with it's ultimate POWER!

IMG_1218.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So many SD Slots...
    I'm all a'quiver...

Looks like the SD2SNES shipped to people already, and some of those have already received theirs:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?37008-sd2snes-comming-soon/page12

Also here's a video showing the latest firmware compared to the last release:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

saw this the other day, top comment sums everything up!

PC Engine /Turbo Graphics Everdrive coming soon - "Turbo Everdrive"

scaled.php?server=268&filename=dsc0368ln.jpg&res=landing

I wonder will this drive up the price of the PC Engine consoles too. Glad I have a nice Duo-RX waiting for this :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That Turbo Everdrive is going to be a stone cold insta-buy for all pc engine and TG16 owners.
    Given the incredible star line up of games on the format you'd be mad not to get it, Bomberman, R-Type, BC Kid, Alien and Devil Crush, just to name a few.
    The console really should replace the NES as the console you must own to be considered a true Retro gamer, all non owners are just plastic, phoney, casual retro gamers, wannabe types, gods bless them... ;)

Emulators tbh........
    :p

Emulation is the methadone, consoles are pure heroin man....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I find emulation to be quite far removed from the experience of sitting playing the real thing. It's all so, 'fake'

Well, it is the act of running a model on a computer, and models, by their very nature are generally hot and wear small bikinis...
    Oh wait...

...models are ultimately always a marked by their respective of compromises, even the mature systems that are emulated, the Nes, Snes, MD, have issues that mark them as not quite the real thing.

If you are doomed to never own a Nes that actually works, emulation may well be the way to go, official on a VC of course, but nothing replaces the actual hardware, this is not a recommendation, it's not a suggestion by an enthusiast, it's as true as gravity, it's a law!

Now that's a classic quote right there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

I predicted this drug pandemic nearly a month ago, but you all laughed at me.

"Ha ha ha!" you said.

Right, I think I need to ask for my PS1 back off the person I'm not talking to at the moment....

or just buy another one as they're so cheap:

www.psion.com.au

Placed an order for the Turbo Everdrive this morning
    Shipping in 5 days :D

Just logged in and bought one, says it's back ordered so I may have sometime to wait.....
    We'll have to see!
    Thanks 80s Synth Pop, for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just logged in and bought one, says it's back ordered so I may have sometime to wait.....
    We'll have to see!
    Thanks 80s Synth Pop, for the heads up!

They're all backordered, first batch shipping late July I believe. Definitely a must buy I reckon.

I can't wait, I will obtain a batch of "files" to try out on it asap!

I can't wait, I will obtain a batch of "files" to try out on it asap!

goodpce + google = :D

By sheer coincidence I won a PC engine Shuttle on ebay last night, bit of luck both will arrive together :D

Got a file already, has everything I will need, except the time to play them all!

The only problem I see with this Turbo Everdrive is the open nature of the PCB, no HuCard can cover that.
    I wonder if someone will produce a custom cover that we can buy?

Still, should be a blast!

Any idea how long these will take to ship?

When did they open for orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got a file already, has everything I will need, except the time to play them all!

The only problem I see with this Turbo Everdrive is the open nature of the PCB, no HuCard can cover that.
    I wonder if someone will produce a custom cover that we can buy?

Still, should be a blast!

Any idea how long these will take to ship?

When did they open for orders?

I was thinking of maybe using some Sugru to make a cover for it. It would be fairly permanent so I'm a bit hesitant to do it.

• Advertisement

Stoneagegamer say they'll be looking into a deluxe version which may use some sort of cover.
    I'm not too bothered as the Shuttle has a cover for the card slot built-in.

Advertisement