Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a log with no name

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Hey Benny
    You still training?? been pretty quiet here over last few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Hey Trig, nice to know someone cares and missed me :P

training is "going"; currently up to my eyes in work putting in 15+ hours a day and really struggling to get any time to train. all these is getting to me and stress levels rising. have missed 2 bike races and even pulled up on a Turbo session last week, midway through an interval session I stopped and got off the bike, first time ever and while I was soo p1ssed with myself I actually didnt care.

So at the moment I have pulled out of the GLR, just not getting the miles in to run a marathon, and really thinking of dropping out of Joey. I know I will get around but not sure if I just want to get around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Hey Benny, I know the feeling my friend. Maybe you are tired mentally. Work as always has to come first unless you turn pro of course and based on your first attempt at the IM distance that could be a possibility ;)

Seriously, its a bummer when things go like they are for you at the minute but I would suggest that you don't do an event that is going to put you under more pressure mentally and only do what you are going to enjoy. Perhaps after all you did up until now you might need a few weeks off completely. Put your feet up, chill, put up a half stone and switch off. There will be plenty of days for training and racing in the future.

I really dont understand why work has to get in the way of my entertainment. not fair is it.

At the moment I am not entering any races, if I get time to train may look for a canceled entry.

and you how is the training for the marathon going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Hi Benny, my training is not all that I wanted it to be. A few bouts of manflu and some dental work has had me not doing a whole lot to be honest. At this stage I have resorted to just doing the half on the day. I feel a lot better and more content and under less pressure having made this decision. Although, I believe that they have changed the course for Waterford this year and it is mostly flat, you never know what might happen on the day. :rolleyes:

I will now concentrate on Dublin for the full distance so I should be ready for that.

• Advertisement

loads of time for DCM, just enjoy Waterford and you will be sorted.

A busy as hell week, over 70 hours in work so this left little time for anything else but I did manage to sneak in a few sessions.

Sunday
    A nice handy cold very cold 20k run

Monday
    Simply 90min on the turbo catching up on MSR. 1hour @80% ftp, 4*5min @ FTP same recovery, felt ok considering the lack of saddle time.

Tuesday
    2.5 K swim, 1.6K of this was drills; deciding it was all wrong so going to try and put in time to doing these.
    Apart from that still slow :(

Wed:
    Simply run with the marathon firmly out of my mind, had no idea what session to do, did see a fartleg speed session so gave that a whirl, although once I started messed it up, plan was simple 4*80sec,60,40 same recovery
    but once I was on the road it became 3*60,45,30,15 with 2min in between each
    I have never done anything under 800m sessions before so this was new and feck it hurt, my legs didnt know what hit them, but enjoyed it I think.

Thurs.
    2.6K swim, 600 wu, 6*50 fast (44,50,52,53 not so fast in the end) 800 straight then some drills.

Friday
    working from 6am to 12:30am a looooooooooooog day and got noting in,

Saturday:
    the Family went up home so I was going to follow them simple 130k spin,
    set the alarm for 7, it went off I didnt dragged my arse out of the bed an hour later and another hour on top of that before I left the house, and it was cold, and straight in to a headwind and as I was heading over the country it was going to be there allllllll the way

I was feeling ok the speed was not there but it was very cold and a nice headwind the first 3 hours had avg speed 25kph but power was 202 and np 212 so I was not taking it too easy. after this the wheel started to come off.
    not sure if it was down to a lack of food or fitness but I began to die. To make things worse I still had 50+K to go. finally got there and was fecked mentally more than physically, the final 2.5 hours was an avg power of 160 np 180, shocking
    total 129k
    Tiome 5:30

Sunday nothing.

Monday planned to get up early for a run, but didnt set the alarm and if I woke I would run, I didnt wake and actually slept for 12 hours,
    I believe the week is catching up on me. only to start again.

Not sure what I will get in this week, on top of the normal 60 hours, I now have a daily call with a partner in Aussie, starting at 11pm for a few hours
    ohhhhh the joy.

Planning to keep the previous training up and maybe increase it slightly. but alas work had other ideas, From Monday night to Sunday over 80hours of looking into a screen or on calls, I was asked last Wednesday to fly to Sydney for Tuesday morning for a meeting, cool :D; so how long am I there for, 4 days then fly home Friday so more meeting this week, :eek: so I said no and as a result had calls from 11 ever night for 4 hours on top of normal day to day crap truly living the dream.
    the sooner them pesky lotto numbers come in the better.

So I had only a few hours for the family so training was canned.

Saturday:
    dragged my arse out of the bed and went for an easy spin, just rode and after an hour noticed I left the bottle on the wall outside the house. blaming tiredness.
    Sunday:
    an easy hour run, was dang windy and cold but had to get out and clear the head.
    Monday:
    an easy 50min on the bike. watching the Manchester derby and comparing them soft yokes to the pros yesterday in Roubaix,

Advertisement