Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You need to prioritise what you actually NEED from Rep.

If you are raiding, and have a regular raid, you dont need dailies for gear.
    There is no reputation required to buy JC gear(to gear you for raids, even though Heroics are higher ilvl) and you most probably wont need Valor items unless its BIS.

If you are not raiding, and dont have a regular raid, then yeah, you need to do the dailies to get good gear.

If your interested in gold making, you need to the dailies to get the patterns

If your self sufficent, you need to do the dailies to get the patterns

And the list goes on

Prio what you need and want, then go do them. I'm fine with it, I love how people ( mostly on the WoW official forums) you hear people crying about rep, yet look at their post count and you see its the same people calling WoW too easy last expansion.

Its fine, its something to do, it seperates and rewards those willing to put the effort in, against those who dont.

I got some fast rep and some early patterns, made a fortune from selling the crafted items. Now people have caught up, I'm already ahead in making tens of thousands of gold from the next big receipe that people havnt got yet.

I do Golden Lotus and will start shado pan shortly. I'm just 200 rep short from exalted with Lotus..the game is out two weeks.

Lets keep it in perspective ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TheDoc wrote: »
    If you are raiding, and have a regular raid, you dont need dailies for gear.
    There is no reputation required to buy JC gear(to gear you for raids, even though Heroics are higher ilvl) and you most probably wont need Valor items unless its BIS.
    Celestial Bracers are BIS for me. Helm from Shao-Pan comes out about 150ish DPS behind the Heroic from Emperors. Valor cloak is about 140 behind Heroic Kings. As Galleoin is such a crap spawn rate, the Valor boots are next best. So thats pretty much farming them all :(

Add to that 5 leather AG wearers in our 25m [2 ferals, 2 rogues, 1 monk] and 3 hunters in there for the trinkets..... :P

If your interested in gold making, you need to the dailies to get the patterns
    Still making a fair bit of gold from leg armors @ about 2k each
    you hear people crying about rep, yet look at their post count and you see its the same people calling WoW too easy last expansion.
    Its fine, its something to do, it seperates and rewards those willing to put the effort in, against those who dont.
    Im not complaining about having something to do, I take issue with the boringness of it really. We have just decided to go in grps of 3+ at this stage and each person concentrates on one part of the dailies, others get the kills also.
    I got some fast rep and some early patterns, made a fortune from selling the crafted items. Now people have caught up, I'm already ahead in making tens of thousands of gold from the next big receipe that people havnt got yet.
    I do Golden Lotus and will start shado pan shortly. I'm just 200 rep short from exalted with Lotus..the game is out two weeks.

Lets keep it in perspective ;)

Yeah made some quick gold, and then went and blew 35k on the Darkmoon Trinket :P
    TBH none of the LW gear is worth selling, unless it is 496, and then you need Blood Spirits, which obviously will go to raiders for gear, so a bit annoying, but c'est la vie.

Still having loadsa fun though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I was never the richest man in WoW and never had the patience to learn the AH system to make gold or grind dailies, but always had enough to have the best gems/enchants in my main and my alts respectably geared.

My tailoring/alchemy main tailored his own robes and gloves, along with selling multiple robes, gloves and leg enchants. My inscription/herb (86) alt made the 476 offhand for my main and sold a darkmoon card for 7k. More recently, my mining/engi alt (88) has been supplying my main with ghost iron bars for transmute and has his own 476 helm equipped. My JC/enchanting alt has been sitting in SW, DEing everything sent his way and supplying my main with everything needed (except certain gems), and has enough enchanting mats left over to survive a war.

I started MoP with 22k and am currently sitting on 68k. I put that down to starting the rep grind early. If I had known what to expect, i.e. if I knew that Tillers rep = more spirit of harmony and if I knew how useful all cooking mats were instead of vendoring themwhile leveling, I could be up to 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

Loving the expansion IF I had time to play it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

and sold a darkmoon card for 7k.

its kinda hilarious how much people were paying for these in the first week made 120k that week alone :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have no internets for three weeks but when I come back I'm thinking of dropping jewelcrafting. The whole market has been poisoned on my server. Too many JCers for server with not a large raiding community.

I'm thinking of going engineering for fun as I assume every other crafting professions is screwed to make money (except cards as scribe)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I am still level 86.... I just can't push myself playing it :(. I do 3-4 quests and I am ****lessly bored after.
    I really want to give it a go and people say its best expansion so far, but I just cba playing it... :(

Eve online not helping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Come to outland and roll alliance and i will periodically come and kill you to add some excitement to the leveling process (j/k). I know what you mean the profession leveling process nearly killed me i wanted to delete my char :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have no internets for three weeks but when I come back I'm thinking of dropping jewelcrafting. The whole market has been poisoned on my server. Too many JCers for server with not a large raiding community.

I'm thinking of going engineering for fun as I assume every other crafting professions is screwed to make money (except cards as scribe)

Money is where you make it, with effort.

Wotlk was the last expansion you will ever see where you can just " make money" without any effort. As gold making has become more mainstream, with blogs, sites, podcasts and forum, along with the likes of TSM becoming a staple addon for EVERY player, no proffession is going to make money without effort.

Gold making is so accessible, there is alot more competition

I remember when me and Witless(posts here) decided to get into Gold Making. We did some research, pooled our resources and off we went. We were meticulous and it was like a jon (I was unemployed at the time :P )

But we got our rewards, making money hand over fist. In Cataclysm it turned into a solo project and I was making thousands of gold a day, and I blew it all, on mounts, gear etc.

Now come MOP, I have the advantage of two expansions of experience, and how to analyse the market etc. Jewelcrafting, has alot of money to be made. But the problem is.

People always assumed you just got a red gem , cut it, sold it. That is not the case. So many people have this thought, that the prices crash, the demand outweighs supply. I'd hold onto JC and do the following.

Go to www.theunderminejournal.com and select your realm, proffessions and JC.

What you should note is the table with the costs for gems and you should see, like most servers, perfect cut uncommon gems are selling for the same as blue gems. On my server it costs about 1g to pickup a green gem, with a vendor sell price of 85s if cut. But, a perfect cut sells for 150g+
    • Buy a stack of 20 uncommon gems.
    • See which perfect cut sells most commonly, and for good profit
    • Cut 20 of this pattern
    • Vendor the green cuts
    • Sell the blue perfect cuts

And your in the profit. There is a very, very, simple method for profit. I get what you mean though, JC isnt raking in the tens of thousands it did for me in CAta.

But remember that patches are going to come thick and fast. Stockpile some good gems ( view pve sites to see what gems classes use most) and then come patch day go wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

YEAH BUT WHAT IF YOU STOCKPILE GEMS AND THEN THEY CHANGE ALL YOUR ARPEN GEMS TO ****ING CRIT AND **** YOU BLIZZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i'm just kidding. i lost the roll on hc deathbringers like 15 times anyway. ****ing warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wotlk was the last expansion you will ever see where you can just " make money" without any effort. As gold making has become more mainstream, with blogs, sites, podcasts and forum, along with the likes of TSM becoming a staple addon for EVERY player, no proffession is going to make money without effort.

I remember when me and Witless(posts here) decided to get into Gold Making. We did some research, pooled our resources and off we went. We were meticulous and it was like a jon (I was unemployed at the time :P )

But we got our rewards, making money hand over fist. In Cataclysm it turned into a solo project and I was making thousands of gold a day, and I blew it all, on mounts, gear etc.

Now come MOP, I have the advantage of two expansions of experience, and how to analyse the market etc. Jewelcrafting, has alot of money to be made. But the problem is.

People always assumed you just got a red gem , cut it, sold it. That is not the case. So many people have this thought, that the prices crash, the demand outweighs supply. I'd hold onto JC and do the following.

What you should note is the table with the costs for gems and you should see, like most servers, perfect cut uncommon gems are selling for the same as blue gems. On my server it costs about 1g to pickup a green gem, with a vendor sell price of 85s if cut. But, a perfect cut sells for 150g+
    • Cut 20 of this pattern
    • Vendor the green cuts

And your in the profit. There is a very, very, simple method for profit. I get what you mean though, JC isnt raking in the tens of thousands it did for me in CAta.

But remember that patches are going to come thick and fast. Stockpile some good gems ( view pve sites to see what gems classes use most) and then come patch day go wild.

On my server the blue gems sell for 30 - 70g with a lot of competition. The perfect cuts don't general sell fast as most on the server don't realise they are an option. Now in fairness my server is medium pop with small raiding community and RP realm (I don't RP but I followed friends here to raid).

Even during wotlk the jc shuffle wasn't as profitable as other servers like Emerald Dream. Everyone who has transferred to The Sha'tar thinks it has a weird AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

• Cut 20 of this pattern
    • Vendor the green cuts

have to say i have always made money with JC it was overshadowed in WOTLK as i had a friend and my wife transmute mass amounts of saronite ore for me to make cheap titansteel maybe 130g a bar and only cost 70-80 to make with transmute available. but in cata i only had my jc and i used it as much as possible but never got into the raids to get the epic gems glad i now have a new resource to plunder for my toons monetary benifit,

thanks doc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Any active guilds out there with a few Irish heads in em?

Or at least a guild that like to completely rip the piss out of each other and not give a **** and not take things too seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What realm ya on buddy?

two on Bloodscalp who never made it past 80. Mains are on Quel'Thalas.

Makes no odds though. Transfer is always an option or if not, re-roll.

I'm half thinking or rolling a rogue and just going out open world ganking while leveling. Might be a bit of craic..

Hadn't logged in for about 2 weeks. Logged in tonight, logged off 10 min later. The thoughts of continuing with rep grinding just annoyed me. I guess it's a little easier now with the 8 year buff.

Still, I've never been much in the way of a ganker out in open world. I think it might be time for a little change. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent logged in in about 2 weeks also, i leveled my monk and mage,done lots of heroics,couldnt stand the daily quests to unlock factions.
    Seems unless i get my finger out and dedicate myself to raiding ive no interest in playing.

Alt is live on Outland. McStabith is here to gank j00 all while he levels. HARRRRR!!

alli or horde?

Horde.

Just leveling slowly. Not been on much over the last week so not even in the ganking zones yet. But I believe I'll be getting close over the next day or two if I get online :)

• Advertisement

let me know if you need some help on the horde side (gold, bags ect ect), you are going to get the beat down as the server population is like 70:30. The recent FCM was not good for the horde as we lost lots of numbers, am actually thinking of going stormscale myself.

Still though outland is a good server to play and is probably one of the reasons i still play.

In Honor capped on alliance myself, we beat on the horde! ? Alot.. ;)

nix wrote: »
    In Honor capped on alliance myself, we beat on the horde! ? Alot.. ;)

Also exploit allot :) old destinite got really stung out of it with the ban and losing his T2 weapon :).

Problem with WPvP at the moment is their is no horde guild that really can do anything and destinite has some of the GM's of the horde side in his pocket.

haha yeah it was funny, the whole guilds a clown house, but good craic.

What ya mean he has them in his pocket?

Well its a numbers game on the server, alliance has them horde does not so sometimes agreements are made behind the scene to ensure there are elements of wPvP that goes on in a fair basis, rather than all out zerg.

There is one alliance guild leader who thinks and in ways is right (due to numbers) that he controls wPvP on the server. So what you have are some horde guilds who get to exists unmolested (the GM's regularly talk on battle.net ect) to an extent and some who are disliked allot.

Not that it matters, the larger horde guilds are dying and guild wPvP will eventually be gone without new players to the ranks.

I'm not worried about taking a pounding. In fact, I am expecting it due to the asshole that I intend to be.

I've not had to face it yet. When I was looking for a server, I couldn't find one with a 50:50 ratio and I got pissed off looking so I just jumped on this. I knew of plenty of servers with 80:20 / 70:30 but figured, whats the point in that?

I don't want to be running around without any red showing on my screen for hours on end. That's not what I'm looking for and will only end up boring the crap out of me. I'm looking to jump peoples back and be a complete a$$. If they decide I'm being too much of an a$$ and log their mains to kick the crap out of me for a while, so be it. That's the pleasure of being a rogue. You always have a slightly better chance of escaping the gank if quick enough. And that is my plan.

I hit 19 yesterday and forgot that I wanted my few pvp rewards from WSG. So I put a lock on my leveling and joined the queue. 45 minutes later I was still in the queue. :( not a happy camper. Maybe it was just bad timing. Or maybe there is no pvp at this level. I'll try it again tonight and see how it goes.

Once I have these two rewards (a whole 40 honor needed) I'll continue 20-28 and again get the upgraded WSG rewards and add the AB rewards to the list.

Leveling takes no time at all at the moment. However I was a bit disappointed to realise that the current 8th Anni buff is not a perma thing.
    I was enjoying that. But not to worry. I have plenty of heirlooms to keep me happy.

To the Ally on here, throw me a /wave if you see me about. But even if I am lvl 20 and you are 90, my itchy finger might kick in and I might try to attack you. Futile as it may be... I was doing it around level 10 outside UC constantly. Most just laughed. Some decided swat me like the fly I am :D

I assume your in a level 25 guild for the leveling perks?

Yea I'm in some guild called Winging It.

Seem like an ok bunch. Not chatted with them too much though as I've not had a whole lot of time to be online over the past week.

Most people level via dungeon finder these days i found when leveling my monk/lock from level 1, which would make alot less likely to have alot of fun ganking :(

• Advertisement

Dungeon finder can be fun but gets old, i find the cross realm zones have really breath some life back into zone leveling. So now rather than getting ganked by oultand folks, the scrubs from Kazzak my get you.

What did you guys think of the dungeons from 85-90, they really nerfed the exp you get and it can take ages. However as i have leveled 2 healers (druid/shammy) i did most of it in dungeons, in ways i hate them now.

Advertisement