Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

Didn't get a confirmation email yet, but they have taken the money and under my account is says Processing Items Ships: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 04 Nov, 2011 - 10 Nov, 2011. Doesn't look like i'll have mine on launch day :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Apple's shipping estimates. They almost always ship sooner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Spoke to emobile today as I'll be taking them up on their freinds and family offer and was advised that there in work 15 mins early next friday and will be told about their price plans then. Then at 9am they open the phone lines for orders.

Just be careful as the Family and Friends offer for eMobile ends the 30th October IIRC. (My mate works in Eircom), also i signed my dad up to the eMobile unlimited plan this week and i was assured that th 4S wont be on the offer, but it could be BS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Jesus, what a horrendously overpriced product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Just ordered the 32GB black... Super excited since i distroyed my 3G around 2 months ago!! So whats everyones expected delivery time?? Mines 3rd to the 9th of November!! Anyone get the 28th for expected delivery??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

fat__tony wrote: »

Ye i have recently purchased a Samsung Europa on Android for €39, unlocked it for €10, 16GB memory card for €8, so a total of €57 and i think it does almost as much as an Iphone 4s except it doesn't ahve the cool image :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Ye i have recently purchased a Samsung Europa on Android for €39, unlocked it for €10, 16GB memory card for €8, so a total of €57 and i think it does almost as much as an Iphone 4s except it doesn't ahve the cool image :o

Wait till the internal memory runs out and you can't do anything, its the only reason I'm getting rid of my HTC Desire, driving me insane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Wait till the internal memory runs out and you can't do anything, its the only reason I'm getting rid of my HTC Desire, driving me insane

Ah ye i have an ipad 2 and recently i can't get near it as the Mrs. is hooked on it.

Now i just have to figure out how to get an iphone 4s without her kicking me out of the house :confused:, she goes mental she doesn't understand why i like gadgets so much i wish women were on same wavelength :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Ah ye i have an ipad 2 and recently i can't get near it as the Mrs. is hooked on it.

Now i just have to figure out how to get an iphone 4s without her kicking me out of the house :confused:, she goes mental she doesn't understand why i like gadgets so much i wish women were on same wavelength :(

Tell her you want to trade in your IPad 2 for the 4s;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

fat__tony wrote: »

Would you consider the SGSII horrendously overpriced? Quite similar pricewise to the iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oreon

I called 02 this morning and the agent told me there will be no change in the price plans.
    My contract was up last month and I was wondering whether to renew now or wait till launch day, looks like I can renew now and still (hopefully) get the phone itself next Friday in an 02 store
    Anyone foresee any problems there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all- I preordered at 5ish yesterday evening,but still haven't got a confirmation email.

Is there usually this long of a delay?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple don't send confirmation emails immediately. If you are unsure if you ordered correctly check your order status.

oreon wrote: »
    I called 02 this morning and the agent told me there will be no change in the price plans.
    My contract was up last month and I was wondering whether to renew now or wait till launch day, looks like I can renew now and still (hopefully) get the phone itself next Friday in an 02 store
    Anyone foresee any problems there?
    What did they mean by "no change in priceplans"? If it meant you could upgrade and remain on your current price plan, I'm pretty sure that is no longer possible. You will be forced to sign to their new "All in" priceplans which come with vastly reduced data allowances, as little as 150MB in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

Surely since its a world phone now you could just order one from american apple.com site instead of irish one and save yourself over a hundred euro with difference in price we get charged??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I've mine ordered...delivering between the 4th and the 11th! Looking forward to it now!! I had considered using my upgrade with Vodafone but I didn't like some of the changes to the PCA contracts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The American site doesn't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Surely since its a world phone now you could just order one from american apple.com site instead of irish one and save yourself over a hundred euro with difference in price we get charged??

You can't order on the American store with an Irish address or credit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

OK say you have a friend in america, Friend buys it and ships it to you. Still surely making a big save.

OK say you have a friend in america, Friend buys it and ships it to you. Still surely making a big save.

yes, just get your friend to buy a sim free one. they have been availabe in the USA sim free for months now.

Its 649 US Dollars plus taxes for the 16gb version, then add shipping to Ireland, and the big risk that you will be hit for customs makes it easier/better to buy in Ireland tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oreon

Kensington wrote: »
    What did they mean by "no change in priceplans"? If it meant you could upgrade and remain on your current price plan, I'm pretty sure that is no longer possible. You will be forced to sign to their new "All in" priceplans which come with vastly reduced data allowances, as little as 150MB in some cases.

My understanding is that they are happy with the new priceplans they released a month or two ago, and won't be changing them for the 4s.
    So I'm already due an upgrade meaning I can sign up to the existing priceplan and use my upgrade on Friday (hopefully)
    The add on data packages are pretty good, E20 for 15G being the highest

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I really wish the networks would release some pricing for the 4s already.

Only 4 days until it drops, and still nothing, bit of a joke that they are all holding off for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

eeloe wrote: »
    Only 4 days until it drops, and still nothing, bit of a joke that they are all holding off for so long.

Probably want to see what the competition is doing first.

At the rate they are going, no one will know a price until the shops open for business @ 9am

eeloe wrote: »
    At the rate they are going, no one will know a price until the shops open for business @ 9am
    Think that's what happened with the iPhone 4 if I remember correctly? Prices weren't announced until the day prior to release.

I imagine it's the networks not wanting the competition to know what they'll be offering as it would give them a chance to adapt their priceplans/marketing in defence.

No, I remember Three, Vodafone and O2 released their pricing a week maybe two before the release of the phone.

I'm going to be getting the phone on Meteor regardless of the price as that's the network I'm with, and my father is also with them so that's how I'm getting the phone, I just wanna know the price of the handset so I can see which size I'll get.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The fact that they are all holding off doesn't bode well. I can't see any major competition this time around. Mind you 3 were €319 for the 32GB last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement