Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I see that the iPhone 4S is available to order from apple.ie now.
    16GB for €599
    32GB for €699
    64GB for €799

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone4s

yep, exactly as i predicted : :D
    kceire wrote: »
    Nah, i'd even go as far as saying that Apple will keep their current pricing structure at :

16 GB = €599 (as per current pricing)
    32 GB = €699 (as per current pricing)
    64 GB = €799 (new unit pricing)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Noticed on apple that they are only selling the iphone 4 at 8gb now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Eldoco wrote: »
    Noticed on apple that they are only selling the iphone 4 at 8gb now?
    It will be the same everywhere soon. The 16 and 32GB iPhone 4 are no more.

Anyway I'm surprised that we are getting preorders. Good news. And prices are just as I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Will they ship on release day?
    I thought there was about a 2 week wait worldwide

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Now if only the networks here would release their upgrade prices.....c'mon Meteor, i can almost smell a 64gb iPhone 4s coming my way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

16GB iPhone 4s is only €100 more than an 8GB iPhone 4??? (albeit at €600!!:eek:) Makes the latter incredibly bad value in relative terms imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Guys whats the difference of ordering the phone from Apple instead of getting it from one of the mobile companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Guys whats the difference of ordering the phone from Apple instead of getting it from one of the mobile companies?

Buying from apple means your phone is unlocked to any network, and comes without a SIM

if you buy from the companies it'll only be either as part of a contrct, or on a pay as you go basis, and locked to that network

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Dodge wrote: »
    Buying from apple means your phone is unlocked to any network, and comes without a SIM

if you buy from the companies it'll only be either as part of a contrct, or on a pay as you go basis, and locked to that network

So you'd recommend buying direct from Apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It depends really. Personally, yes I buy direct as I hate contracts, and it is worth the up front premium to me. But, if you are happy with the network you are on, and have no intention of moving, and you aren't likely to want to buy a local PAYG SIM if/when abroad, and the tariff offered suits you, then buying on contract would be much easier on the pocket as far as up front payments go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's all down to your usage.

If you buy an unlocked iPhone - and then spend €40 a month on calls/text/data anyway - you might as well buy one on contract as the phone itself will be much cheaper.

So ask yourself what you'd need to spend with a network anyway if you had an unlocked phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I got my phone as part of a contract. Looka t how much you spend/are likely to spend with the phone and factor it in

For example 3 were giving away the iphone 4 if you went ona €40/ month tarriff.

If you spending that anyway, it'll potentially save you the €600 price of the phone

but you'll be locked into the contract for 12-24 months (depending on it), so if thats an issue and you only spend €20 a month anyway, it'll be cheaper to buy the phone outright from apple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I swore I was sticking with the 4....just ordered the 4S, hope I don't regret it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

carphonewarehouse.ie are taking pre orders on the iphone 4s 16GB white with 02, three and vodafone. It's €100 deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Canyouseemenow

Hey, new here but I was just wondering whether Apple take the money out of your bank account as soon as you pre order the iPhone or when they dispatch it. I want to pre order one now to get in early but I won't be able to get to the bank until monday to put in a bit of dosh into my account. :p

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

leemaree wrote: »
    carphonewarehouse.ie are taking pre orders on the iphone 4s 16GB white with 02, three and vodafone. It's €100 deposit

You can pre order the 4s in any phone shop in the country that stocks them since the 7th of this month. Not just carphone.

The 64GB is a daft price...

Not in ireland. Only from 2day from carphonewarehouse, 16GB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all, am I right in saying that you can only pre-order from Carphone warehouse if you are looking for a new connection? ...can't pre-order an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

How much are the iPhone 4 selling for now? Don't think I'll be upgrading my iPhone 4 to the 4s doesn't seem worth it. They are practically the same arent they

• Advertisement

it says new connection

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Hey, new here but I was just wondering whether Apple take the money out of your bank account as soon as you pre order the iPhone or when they dispatch it. I want to pre order one now to get in early but I won't be able to get to the bank until monday to put in a bit of dosh into my account. :p

Thanks in advance!

You're charged straight away if you use a debit card.
    If it's a credit card, you are charged when the item ships but they hold a certain amount (not sure how much) on your card until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Canyouseemenow

Schummi wrote: »
    If it's a credit card, you are charged when the item ships but they hold a certain amount (not sure how much) on your card until then.

Cheers mate! Looks like i'll have to wait till Monday. Hopefully they haven't stopped taking pre orders by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Schummi wrote: »

I purchased an iPad 2 on Sunday night via debit card and payment was only taken out yesterday. Very odd as I understood it to come out straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Picked up a 32GB White, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully it will arrive on or before Launch day (it says 1 to 2 weeks). Gone mad with checking stock in Belfast so feck it i'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

naasrd wrote: »
    I purchased an iPad 2 on Sunday night via debit card and payment was only taken out yesterday. Very odd as I understood it to come out straight away.

The transaction probably didn't go through until the Monday as it was put through on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

This post has been deleted.

The quantity of Apps in the App Store is the problem not really the space on the device. You'll end up downloading them for the sake of it if they're free and 'handy'.

I'd go 32GB, if your planning on holding onto it for a year or two the extra €100 for the 32GB pays for itself. Give you space for more music and a few videos.
    Also it will be worth more when you eventually part with it, the marked will be flooded with 16GB ones after a year.

Took the plunge and ordered a 16gb black one.
    Let's hope itshould on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Spoke to emobile today as I'll be taking them up on their freinds and family offer and was advised that there in work 15 mins early next friday and will be told about their price plans then. Then at 9am they open the phone lines for orders.

• Advertisement

Picked up a 32GB White, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully it will arrive on or before Launch day (it says 1 to 2 weeks). Gone mad with checking stock in Belfast so feck it i'll wait.

Did u get an email confirmation?
    I haven't received anything after placing the order, hoping I did it right.

edit- just got email confirmation now

Advertisement