Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

jaykay2 wrote: »
    antodeco wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Did you get any other emails? I just got the one confirming they received my paperwork, that's it.

No, haven't received any more mails since. Really hoping it arrives Tuesday now!

I got one after the order requesting I sent in my ID's on Wednesday. Got a reply Thursday morning saying they have recieved my IDs. Nothing else so far. Hopefully there's no additional stage I need to go through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Any one have any news from e mobile yet ?

They have getting my stuff i sent them anyway when i got onto them yesterday

Just wondering how much longer will i have to wait to get it in my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Does anyone know if Three is delivering today the same as they did for the 4 launch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

time42play wrote: »

Have to say the iPad screen is looking really crappy to me now! It's so much easier to read books on the phone despite the smaller size.

Screen is very good on the iPhone 4, but nowhere near a better experience reading books on the iPhone. Screen size is just too small for prolonged reading of books or papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stephen P wrote: »
    Anyone order from Meteor on Tuesday morning and received their contracts by email yet?

Ordered as soon as the pre-orders went live. Got the contract on Wednesday and the phone yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

What's the price of the phone on an 12 month contract with Meteor?

Don't mind having to pay more upfront initially. Hate the idea of being stuck for 24 months.

If not I'll just buy it off Apple and go for a a decent data plan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Le King wrote: »
    What's the price of the phone on an 12 month contract with Meteor?

Don't mind having to pay more upfront initially. Hate the idea of being stuck for 24 months.

If not I'll just buy it off Apple and go for a a decent data plan.

www.meteor.ie

should get the most up to date info there.

kceire wrote: »
    www.meteor.ie

should get the most up to date info there.

Yeah thanks but they don't have any offers for any other plans bat the 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Yeah thanks but they don't have any offers for any other plans bat the 24 month contract./QUOTE]

I felt the same mate so went with eMobile.
    12 month contract, phone 399 (white 32gb)
    49 a month with 300 texts, 300 mins and 2gb data (I think)
    Happy enough with that.
    Oh and you get 3 months rental free...

That's not bad.

It's much cheaper to buy it yourself:

€799.00(64 GB) + (€29.99(€15 Bill Pay Lite + €14.99 10GB add-on) x 24 months[for comparison])=€1,518.76

So what you get is: 200 mins, 200 texts and 10 GB of data on a 30 day contract, so you can move when you like.

Whereas if you go the Meteor iPhone Bill Pay options it's:
    €99.00 (64 GB) + (€65 x 24 months)=€1659

For this you get 400 mins, 400 texts and 5 GB of data on a 24 month contract.

The reason I picked the €65 p/m plan was for the Free Calls and Texts.

For me buying it yourself is much better value because you're not tied to a contract and it's actually cheaper overall.

Can anyone pick a hole in this? Or are all my figures correct?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Le King wrote: »
    Yeah thanks but they don't have any offers for any other plans bat the 24 month contract.

yeah fair enough, but you wont get the answer from an internet forum that has no connection Meteor :D

Ring Customer Care and ask for the sales team, although i think they only work mon-fri, but no harm trying and see wht they can offer.

you can get them on 12 month contracts or 18 month contracts but then the unit price depends on the plan etc

kceire wrote: »
    yeah fair enough, but you wont get the answer from an internet forum that has no connection Meteor :D

Ring Customer Care and ask for the sales team, although i think they only work mon-fri, but no harm trying and see wht they can offer.

you can get them on 12 month contracts or 18 month contracts but then the unit price depends on the plan etc

Sales team aren't open!

I went into the shop today and a member of staff told me that wasn't possible. Although, she really didn't seem to have a clue tbh.

Just got an email today advising me that my application was rejected. This is despite the fact in already an eMobile bill customer, and have three bill accounts with Meteor. I guess the cost of my already 4 accounts, which have never missed a payment using good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Nope, no reason. You do generally have to write in. There's another thing that makes me much more annoyed they rejected me, but im not going into that online!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

You can pay Meteor €299 for a 16gb or €399 for a 32gb and then choose one of their Bill Pay Smart or Bill Pay Connect plans on 12 or 18 month contract .
    For €30 on a 18 month contract you get 200 mins and 200 texts , free Meteor calls and texts and 1gb of data .

After deciding to go with eMobile, I sent the documents on Thursday.
    Got an email back on Friday at 11:30am to tell me they couldnt accept my bank statement as it was from June.
    I shred all my bills and the rest our paperless bills.
    Anyway finally got another bill, scanned it in, emailed it and recieved a reply to say they got it (automated)
    I have heard nothing since but it seems the money was taken from my laser card when I oiriginally ordered?
    I sent an email on Friday afternoon and one this morning to find out if my order has gone ahead and no reply.
    I sent a PM to the emobile guy on here and no reply either.
    Has anyone got an update from eMobile regarding a new connection?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

for everyone considering emobile, bear in mind the 3 months free line rental offer ended yesterday.

for everyone considering emobile, bear in mind the 3 months free line rental offer ended yesterday.

But I assume if the order was made last week the deal was still active so it will be honored?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

As long as the order wasn't cancelled i'd assume that too

• Advertisement

Just rang them to be sure.
    Its grand, they will honour it.
    Looks like my order went through aswell, guy reckon another day or 2 and I should have it.

Thanks for the reply 120_minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

antodeco wrote: »
    Nope, no reason. You do generally have to write in. There's another thing that makes me much more annoyed they rejected me, but im not going into that online!

Completely unrelated but antodeco is one post away from 100,000 posts, that's some serious sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Completely unrelated but antodeco is one post away from 100,000 posts, that's some serious sh1t!

Methinks your eyes are deceiving you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Just received my 4s from eMobile in the last half hour in case anyone is waiting on theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

My 4S is on its way, to be delivered on or before the 4th November - that's either Friday or tomorrow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

So did anyone else get an 18 month contract from Meteor instead of 24 months or was it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

I got an 18 month contract with o2 and got to keep my old price plan. Can't remember t exact minutes and texts but I never go over anyway,but best of all-unlimited data. Phone was E199 on silver upgrade. Just for less hassle I used CPW's trade in-125 for 3GS. So basically went in Sunday morn and walked out 10 mins later with 4S...my old price plan @ E40 a month wit unlimited data all for 75 euro! I was well chuffed :-)

jcrowbar wrote: »
    So did anyone else get an 18 month contract from Meteor instead of 24 months or was it just me?

How much did you pay for the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

My girlfriend went to get one on meteor today free 16gb on €60 tarriff went through the whole thing , man said come back in an hour for it and when she did then they asked her for a €190 deposit . Stupid if they had of told her that when she went in first she could have gone and got the money .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

My girlfriend went to get one on meteor today free 16gb on €60 tarriff went through the whole thing , man said come back in an hour for it and when she did then they asked her for a €190 deposit . Stupid if they had of told her that when she went in first she could have gone and got the money .

I've heard people talking about that. First time contract?

She should have also been told the deposit gets "refunded" after 6 months, what they actually do is credit your account. Still... Comes in handy at the same time!

Advertisement