Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

I can see who people are keeping and edit the order they have them in. I.e if someone is slecting one keeper they can't just put it in slot number 4 - I will move it to the first slot.

Not sure about draft order. What was done last year?

I think the winner should be first.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

I think the winner should graciously accept last pick, newbies should get first picks :o)

billr67 wrote: »
    I think the winner should graciously accept last pick, newbies should get first picks :o)

I don't know what way it went last year. But newbies definitely should just get last pick cos they are newbies ha (nice try though). My keepers are awful, so a newbie could have a huge advantage on me next year if they were to get first pick.

Then don't keep them, as I understand it if you keep no one you get a first round pick whereas I'll be picking in round two as I'm keeping one player.

Then don't keep them, as I understand it if you keep no one you get a first round pick whereas I'll be picking in round two as I'm keeping one player.

Yeah I know, I prob won't keep them but my point was that it isn't like you are starting off with a fresh slate. If you were a newb but your team finished second last year, it wouldn't be fair for you to pick 1st.

I presumed you were joking with the newbs pick first. :)

• Advertisement

No bother I was joking all right, draft order should be like any other league i.e. worst team last year goes first, best team goes last but of course in a keeper league it's complicated by whether you keep anyone or not and therefore you could be the best team from last year but if you keep nobody and everyone else keeps at least one player then you're going first no matter what.

Looking at my squad I'm guessing I was middle of the pack but I'd love someone to post last years standings or this years draft order as it's difficult to mock otherwise.

No bother I was joking all right, draft order should be like any other league i.e. worst team last year goes first, best team goes last but of course in a keeper league it's complicated by whether you keep anyone or not and therefore you could be the best team from last year but if you keep nobody and everyone else keeps at least one player then you're going first no matter what.

Looking at my squad I'm guessing I was middle of the pack but I'd love someone to post last years standings or this years draft order as it's difficult to mock otherwise.

https://snag.gy/25jm8v.jpg

There you go. As you can see I was far from the best team. Just managed the playoffs well tbh with some "dodgy" trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Never done a keeper league so bare with me gents...

I inherited the team that finished 16th, so they're extremely poor to say the least. So if that team has an average player who I might want to keep, do I lose my 1st round selection? And if I wanted to keep 2, i'd lose my 1st and 2nd rounder etc?

Cheers

Yep that's how I understand it. Anyone know which team was taighbaby's? I've changed the team name but the one I changed it from isn't on the list. Cheers for posting that by the way Raoul

Yep that's how I understand it. Anyone know which team was taighbaby's? I've changed the team name but the one I changed it from isn't on the list. Cheers for posting that by the way Raoul

Ah OK, thanks. Definitely nobody on my team worth keeping so. So if you were lets say 5th pick in the 1st round and your only keeper was Todd Gurley, Gurley would just populate into that slot?

Also, if you want to check the previous seasons rosters, results etc... open up the league... Then click League > History > 2015 season... and you'll be able to have a nose ;)

• Advertisement

Yep exactly, that's how it was explained to me. Cheers for the link I'll have a look at that.

Looks like my team came 6th last year, so if nobody kept any players I'd be picking 11th in the first round, ok time to do some mocks!

Looks like my team came 6th last year, so if nobody kept any players I'd be picking 11th in the first round, ok time to do some mocks!

Will a mock draft help you much though? Like..you have no idea who is left in the draft in the first 4 rounds.

I can assign the keepers based on what I can see online, most people have already assigned the ones they are keeping and others I can take a punt based on what's in their squad. Anyway mocks are just for fun they only stand up if you don't get someone who values a kicker over a TE in round 5 and blows all your assumptions away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looks like draft will be Sunday at 9. I'll close off voting at 11 this morning if anyone wants to cast their vote. Only 9 voted so far (10 Inc me)

Okay draft is set for Sunday (4th) at 9pm. That was the most popular choice so we'll roll with it.

We will do the same as prior year and set the draft order as the reverse of the prior year.

Standings last year here. http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/485946/history/2015/standings

Bill took over the team that came 6th as far as I know. The other two new guys took the two bottom teams from last year so I'll randomly assign their draft order.

The draft is set for 2pm PDT.... I think that's 10pm in Dublin, not 9pm. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Also, i took over one of those bottom two teams... so i'm a chosing either 15th or 16th, or anywhere between 1 and 16?

Cheers

10 suits me better actually so if that is the time I'm happy.

9pm got the most votes bro!

No bother it's just showing as 10 online and in the app.

• Advertisement

Fixed that to 9pm Irish time, mixed up my time zones first time around. Draft order is below...Going to the All Ireland later, if Tipperary win it'll probably be auto draft for me!

Pick 1
    2 Gurleys 1 Cup
    Pick 2
    Warfield's Warriors
    Pick 3
    Limpar's Legends
    Pick 4
    Cookie's Cowboys
    Pick 5
    P-Town Pier Sixers
    Pick 6
    Fluffy Crocodiles
    Pick 7
    Prestige Worldwide
    Pick 8
    Eagle Eye Patriots
    Pick 9
    Pick Sixes
    Pick 10
    Desert Bluff Vultures
    Pick 11
    Steel City Celtic
    Pick 12
    Oh Look An Eagle
    Pick 13
    Boccys Jockeys
    Pick 14
    The Fear Boners
    Pick 15
    Westbest
    Pick 16
    Dundalk Oriels

Good stuff. Are all the keepers filled in now so?

gerryfed wrote: »
    Good stuff. Are all the keepers filled in now so?

Yep keepers appear to be filled in correctly for each team as of this morning so any changes will have been made after that. Very much a mixed bag in terms of taking keepers and taking none at all. I'm taking none myself.

Just to clarify that means you've a first round pick and I won't pick till round 3 (keeping 2) correct?

Just to clarify that means you've a first round pick and I won't pick till round 3 (keeping 2) correct?

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

my draft has completely stopped working. draft button and auto queue stopped working earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Oh dear looks like I missed the draft...for some reason I thought the draft was at 10 so I'm only online now...oh well will have to see if the drafting gods were kind to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There were major problems with that. As said by another poster already, could not draft anybody and even the autopicks were not taking them from my list.

It worked fine for me for the first couple of rounds but then it stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

The draft seemed to get out of sync somehow and was working 2-3 picks ahead of what was displayed in the queue.
    It's now completely frozen up with 2 picks left in the final round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Total farce, looks like the draft stopped working for everyone, set us all to autopick around round 10.

I actually worked it out, and started putting guys in my draft queue, which were then drafted automatically. That way I actually got who I wanted, apart from Witten in round 10, but it messed things up big time in general.

Advertisement