Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Guys you should have able to post multiple times. I have just edited mine to check and I did not have any problems

Yeah just voted there, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

See there is a comment on it....why was Saturday left out>?

BKWDR wrote: »
    See there is a comment on it....why was Saturday left out>?

Presumably doesn't suit the commissioner. In fairness there's not many perks to being commish, the least would be to make sure that whenever the draft is, it suits him? To be honest, none of the times suit me, but them's the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Presumably doesn't suit the commissioner. In fairness there's not many perks to being commish, the least would be to make sure that whenever the draft is, it suits him? To be honest, none of the times suit me, but them's the breaks.

Fair enough, do the three who voted for friday know that the multi vote is now available (it had been just single vote) or is that the only time they can make?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

gufc21 wrote: »
    Fair enough, do the three who voted for friday know that the multi vote is now available (it had been just single vote) or is that the only time they can make?

yeah thanks just edited mine there.

It may or may not matter to some of you but Ireland v Serbia is on that Monday night.

• Advertisement

setanta74 wrote: »
    yeah thanks just edited mine there.

It may or may not matter to some of you but Ireland v Serbia is on that Monday night.

It does, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had voted on the nfl poll, just recast my votes there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Guys I excluded Saturday for same reason I did not add options of 6pm & 8pm, I did not want to many options and winning draft date/time option was with 2/3 votes. If I recall from past few years we typically go with Tuesday Evening before Thursday KO.

Saturday 3-Sept is also the Collage Football game in Dublin, Boston Collage vs Georgia Tech

10 of the 16 Managers hav evoted in Draft Pool, http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid

Currently, Tuesday @ 9pm, Monday @ 9pm and Sunday @ 7pm are leanding the way

Reminding the remianing managers to please vote as we will close the Pool early next week

Cheers

• Advertisement

Guys I excluded Saturday for same reason I did not add options of 6pm & 8pm, I did not want to many options and winning draft date/time option was with 2/3 votes. If I recall from past few years we typically go with Tuesday Evening before Thursday KO.

I'd have preferred if you came back with ,

"I'm the commish, fcuk all ya'll...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Voted, sorry I took a while was waiting to see when my other drafts were set for. Yeah I'm also going to the college football next Saturday so happy thats out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just voted there. Sorry about the delay.

12 of the 16 Managers hav evoted in Draft Pool, http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid

Currently, Tuesday 6-Sept @ 9pm, is leanding the way

Reminding the remianing managers to please vote as we will close the Pool tomorrow
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm on holidays so I didn't vote.

Question.

Just as there is a high chance that possibly a good chunk of the 16 will be set to auto draft. Can we make the pick time less than 2 minutes

I drafted a 8 man league and it was 1 minute picks and it was done in 40 mins. As opposed to half the night...

Just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The draft pick time is defaulted to 90 seconds as far as I know on NFL.com. But the thing is if there is a lot of autos the 1st round will be slow but every other round will move a lot quicker as the auto picks either right away or after 10 seconds.

I will probably go auto after midnight so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I will probably go auto after midnight so...

It has never taken 3 hours though?

Like TO said, if anyone doesn't show their first round pick will last the full time but after that it will be auto-pick for them.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It has never taken 3 hours though?

Like TO said, if anyone doesn't show their first round pick will last the full time but after that it will be auto-pick for them.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't read well....

Yah, be grand, the 16 person draft just goes on an age is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't read well....

Yah, be grand, the 16 person draft just goes on an age is all

Yeah I know it's basically an all evening affair but personally I like the longer time, at least for the first few rounds, gives you an idea of how it's progressing............until someone picks a kicker in the 5th round and sends it haywire :p

Draft Day, Pool closed. Tuesday @ 9pm was the winner (12/16) managers had voted.

Draft Day, Pool closed. Tuesday @ 9pm was the winner (12/16) managers had voted.

Got the email Keith ðŸ‘

Yah first to draft a kicker gets the wooden spoon..

Unfortunatley I wont be able to attend as at Nick Offerman that night. I have never draft via Auto Pick before, I bet I end up with 5 WR and no QB :-(

I am not going to lie... GUTTED...and takes away a little of the excitment for fantasy football this season.

Unfortunatley I wont be able to attend as at Nick Offerman that night. I have never draft via Auto Pick before, I bet I end up with 5 WR and no QB :-(

I am not going to lie... GUTTED...and takes away a little of the excitment for fantasy football this season.

Hopefully we get a few trades and such going this year...was quiet enough on that front but this is only my 4th season now

Hopefully we get a few trades and such going this year...was quiet enough on that front but this is only my 4th season now

I fibd it generally seems to be in redraft. Little interest in the small trades

gufc21 wrote: »
    I fibd it generally seems to be in redraft. Little interest in the small trades

Yah gonna make an extra effort now to be more willing to trade players.

16 player league there really should be more of it

Yah gonna make an extra effort now to be more willing to trade players.

16 player league there really should be more of it

There should be but in my experience most trade offers last year were just attempts rip the other player off. We has a discussion about it on the thread where some lads actually seemed to think that was the point of trading! I mean, with that approach obviously nobody is going to trade at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

There should be but in my experience most trade offers last year were just attempts rip the other player off. We has a discussion about it on the thread where some lads actually seemed to think that was the point of trading! I mean, with that approach obviously nobody is going to trade at all.

I've made a few trades requests the last few years and most have been rejected I think. Honestly I dont think I'm great a quantifying what is a decent trade request versus a rip off attempt.
    For this year for any potential trades I think I'll post in here first stating I have X player to trade and see what others think would be a fair request. This should help me get a better idea of what would be a fair trade.

• Advertisement

I've made a few trades requests the last few years and most have been rejected I think. Honestly I dont think I'm great a quantifying what is a decent trade request versus a rip off attempt.
    For this year for any potential trades I think I'll post in here first stating I have X player to trade and see what others think would be a fair request. This should help me get a better idea of what would be a fair trade.

Ah, I don't have a problem with any trade that someone thinks is fair, that's an honest attempt to offer a good deal. But I had things like an offer of someone's backup QB and a crappy D, and asking for my starting QB and good D. I mean it's not rocket science to turn it down, but it makes you suspicious of deals...

Advertisement