Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

So SNF to decide my playoff prospects.

I have a 35 point lead over pillow fighters with hilton to go... grand you say, in the bag you say... he has big ben, moncreif and williams (dal) to go. This matchup is still on a knife edge. Moncreif is Hasslebeck's favourite target, can easily get 100 yards the question is will he get in the end zone? Big ben can throw for 5 and 400 easily enough and williams... well god knows what will happen in Dallas. I think hilton needs a td if I'm too hold on to the advantage so here's hoping.

On another note, what do people think of the new rule where you play each team in the division twice? I love it tbh. Especially when your rivals have the exact same schedule more or less. If they get a team who dropped out, you do too. I think it has made the league a lot closer which can be seen by the records imo.

Just wow... i jinxed myself. 364 for 4. I guess it will roll on to monday night with me hoping williams gets less than 16 yards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Incredibly tight going into the last game of the season tonight.

Infacteh Indians has locked up the no.1 seed at 10-3. The highest scoring team in the league have been very impressive.
    Barring Jordan Reed outscoring Desean Jackson by 24.90 points, Blacque Power will lock up the no.2 spot with 9-4

As for the other division winners. Yippie Kae A Justin Tucker are losing to Disco Ninjas this week. Unless Dan Bailey scores 39 points (which is unlikely), Disco Ninjas will win the division by virtue of more points scored.

In Division 4, its all up for grabs as above. Pillow Fighters are looking to break up the party and need 17 yards from Terrence Williams to spoil Allie Cows year. So it looks like the division winner will come from Wont Come Last or Boccys Jockeys. WCL lead by ten points with Jason Witten to play. Boccys Jockeys has Darren McFadden and Dez Bryant. Incredibly tight. Wouldnt want to call it.

As for the wildcard seeds, its look like Greystones Mariners (who went up against a team with a number of inactives and won by single digits) on 8-5 and Big Game Bottlers also on 8-5 will lock those places up.

So best of luck tonight all.

actually its not tight actually, its just tight in division 4 of our league.....:rolleyes:

Has Donobate Dragons been inactive since week 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Yeah, I like the new division structure. I may have benefitted from playing Donabate Dragons twice, but I also had to play Infacteh Indians twice, and had to beat them once to get into the playoffs. My overall points look terrible compared to the other playoff teams, but they didn't lose LeVeon Bell halfway through the season after waiting a few weeks for the #1 pick to play in the first place.

I think the new division structure is a big improvement.

Wow, last line-up change for Donobate Dragons was November 4 (Wk 9). If that had been noticed and the team taken over and line-up set according to projections Donobate Dragons would have be leading Greystone Mariners in their current match-up and favoured to win. A victory would move Donobate Dragons to 1-12 for the season, Greystone Mariners to 7-6 and a likely tie with The Expendables. Not sure how their divisional records shape-up but wonder would it have changed who made the play-offs :eek:

Instead of crapping on me, can we also take a look at his week 11 matchup where infacteh won with 54 points? Just saying...

And that's me done... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Wow, after a terrible run this year with injuries I've snuck into the playoffs by 0.12 points....

Thats interesting with Donabate Dragons. I hadnt seen it last few weeks, I had looked at who was active in Mid November but obviously not for a few weeks. Surely people in their division had noticed he was inactive and something should have been said.

Also, in Division 1 of our league, there was a three way tie (missed that last night too) and Yippie Kae came out as divisional winner on what must have been more divisional wins. Well done.

So the net results are the wildcards are as follows:
    Yippie Kae a vs big game bottlers
    Wont come last vs Greystone mariners

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Also, in Division 1 of our league, there was a three way tie (missed that last night too) and Yippie Kae came out as divisional winner on what must have been more divisional wins. Well done.

So the net results are the wildcards are as follows:
    Yippie Kae a vs big game bottlers
    Wont come last vs Greystone mariners

Best of luck to all.

Fantasy football in a nutshell - I'd rather be lucky than good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Is that what decided the tie? I was always under the impression it was done on head to head or more points scored.

Anyway, well done everyone. Was a seriously competitive league this year. Best of luck to those in playoffs

The Bogman wrote: »
    Is that what decided the tie? I was always under the impression it was done on head to head or more points scored.

Anyway, well done everyone. Was a seriously competitive league this year. Best of luck to those in playoffs

I think it's head to head, but in a 3 way tie it gets complicated.
    A few weeks ago I dropped from 4th overall to 8th following a win due to the results flipping around my head-to-head weightings vs the other teams.

I think these are the divisional breakdowns if anyone is interested:

Division 1
    Yippe Kie 5-1 (7-6)
    Disco Ninjas 4-2 (7-6)
    Barney's Dinosaurs 3-3 (7-6)
    The Islanders 0-6 (7-6)

Division 2
    Blaque Power 5-1 (9-4)
    Big Game Bottlers 3-3 (9-4)
    Swords Sharks 4-2 (7-6)
    Touchdown Patriots 0-6 (0-13)

Division 3*
    Infacteh Indians 4-2 10-3
    Greystone Mariners 4-2 8-5
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 0-6 0-13

*Division 3 if rules had been followed
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Greystone Mariners 3-3 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 1-5 1-12

Division 4
    Wont Come Last 3-3 8-5
    Boccys Jockeys 3-3 7-6
    Pillow Fighters 3-3 7-6
    Aile Cows 2-4 7-6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

divisional breakdown is way down the list of tiebreakers *and as tiebreakers given we use decimals will never go past points scored it basically is an irrelevance) just in case you guys think it is how things work which I assume you do based on the last few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

BizzyC wrote: »
    I think it's head to head, but in a 3 way tie it gets complicated.

A 3 way tie isn't complicated at all. Its as simple as winning percentage in your games v those other 2 teams, then points for as the second tiebreaker.

so if team A beats team B and lose to team C they have a head to head of 1-1 or .500

it team B and C don't play each other team B finished with .0% and team C with 1.000%

in which case Team C wins the tiebreaker, followed by A followed by C.

you do not have to play every team in the tiebreaker as it works on percentages.

If however they all played each other

Team A beat team B but lost to team C
    Team B beat team C

They all finish on .500% so the tiebreaker will be decided by points for for the whole season.

its not complex at all guys.

Tristram wrote: »
    I think these are the divisional breakdowns if anyone is interested:

*Division 3 if rules had been followed
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Greystone Mariners 3-3 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 1-5 1-12

What rules weren't followed?

Bad wording on my part. We didn't notice an inactive.

• Advertisement

I cant say I'm at all confident...the only starting RB on my roster goes on IR.

At this stage I've lost all of my first 5 draft picks to injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BizzyC wrote: »
    I cant say I'm at all confident...the only starting RB on my roster goes on IR.

At this stage I've lost all of my first 5 draft picks to injuries.

It seems like the worst year ever for injuries, plenty of backups starting these last few weeks.

Ah well, done and dusted...
    I'm surprised I got as far as I did, good luck to everyone left in it.

All down to Hightower who needs 75 yards tonight against Detroit for my team to advance.

I remember drafting him in the first round, years back with the broncos and he was a bone fide bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Well Yippie Kai A Justin Tucker will bow out limply in the semi finals – good luck to infecteh in the final and thanks to Johnny_Fontane for stepping up and doing GM – see you both in Div 2 next year! :)

Ugh, gutted. I was up by 0.72 points until the very last play of the game (0:06 on the clock). I wouldn't feel so bad about that if Hightower even had the presence of mind to lateral and make a fun play, but no, he just got his garbage time 20 yards.

Good luck in the final JF and infacteh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

That's devastating. Unlucky man

CJC86 wrote: »
    Ugh, gutted. I was up by 0.72 points until the very last play of the game (0:06 on the clock). I wouldn't feel so bad about that if Hightower even had the presence of mind to lateral and make a fun play, but no, he just got his garbage time 20 yards.

Good luck in the final JF and infacteh!

just goes to show how you need to be lucky in this game sometimes. To be fair, it goes both ways. Denver, my defence, were penalised a perfectly good defensive touchdown as 2 lads ran onto the pitch as they thought the play was over.

See you in Division 2 next year!

just goes to show how you need to be lucky in this game sometimes. To be fair, it goes both ways. Denver, my defence, were penalised a perfectly good defensive touchdown as 2 lads ran onto the pitch as they thought the play was over.

See you in Division 2 next year!

Woulda been called back anyway as he was ob when he touched the ball

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Woulda been called back anyway as he was ob when he touched the ball

norwood was definitely in bounds, the question is whether the steelers player was out of bounds when he touched it and it was very very close.

Advertisement